rumor

“The Lady & The Legend” Documentary cancelled

Stef

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas

Both of my contacts on the film messaged me back with basically non answers. "Our participation in this project has wrapped" and nothing beyond that... which is..... annoying to say the least. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Like 2
  • Shook 2
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 5

eddyjeddy

I will always love Gaga no matter what but what I need from her is to at least acknowledge the things she has previously teased or announced to her fans and give proper explanation as to what happened, my issue is if you are going to announce it like (CBT FILM, or previous teased projects) and if it’s not going to come out, she tends to leave it be and leave us in the dark, then it’s a repetitive cycle of us spiraling and expect something coming until years later… what is left is disappointment.

look what I’m trying to say is she doesn’t need to explain everything to us, except for the things she does tease to us.

What really scares me is that this whole thing (CBT and the documentary) will only irritate her more and end up reinforcing her ideas of "I'm never going to tease anything again, ever." 

Edited by HugoJG

Well... I'm not pissed at Gaga or anyone in particular, but it would have been a beautiful documentary to see. It would explain so much, shed light on their beautiful friendship, and it's maybe not coming out. 

Hope it sees the light of day, I hate how it can't just be released for being released's sake. It's a documentary, it has been edited, why not! 

• Love 3

hieronymus
7 hours ago, julz said:

If i can clown, maybe they decided to show this in theaters..and with this decision, the CBT film got moved too

omg and the Sour Candy video will play during opening credits!

18 minutes ago, HugoJG said:

What really scares me is that this whole thing (CBT and the documentary) will only irritate her more and end up reinforcing her ideas of "I'm never going to tease anything again, ever." 

If the last 15 years of ample teased and cancelled projects haven't made her think that, idk why this would.

A Very Gaga Holida
21 minutes ago, HugoJG said:

She didn’t tease any of them, she only aknowledged TCB film when fans got it didn’t happen, she had never ever mentionned it before, so nothing will change because she hasn’t teased anything since she said DOC was fire or something like that in 2021 :traumatica:

4 minutes ago, hieronymus said:

If the last 15 years of ample teased and cancelled projects haven't made her think that, idk why this would.

But she stopped teasing things a couple years ago because of the same reason, and the ONE time she did it again this happens..

1 minute ago, The Z said:

She didn’t tease any of them, she only aknowledged TCB film when fans got it didn’t happen, she had never ever mentionned it before, so nothing will change because she hasn’t teased anything since she said DOC was fire or something like that in 2021 :traumatica:

That's what I'm saying. Now she really will never tease anything again. :kry:

• Sad 1

A Very Gaga Holida
5 minutes ago, HugoJG said:

But she stopped teasing things a couple years ago because of the same reason, and the ONE time she did it again this happens..

That's what I'm saying. Now she really will never tease anything again. :kry:

The girl hasn’t even aknowledged LG7, like come on, we all know it’s getting released one day, and you don’t have to tease the producers or sound if you’re not 100% sure the concept will stay the same, but girl, you can say something about it, even if it’s just “I can’t wait for you to hear my next album”, we’re STARVING :toofunny: Unless she really hasn’t started working on it seriously, but we all doubt that lol

I don’t think she’s scared of us, I think she’s scared of disapointing us

Edited by The Z
  • Like 1

PartySick
26 minutes ago, The Z said:

I don’t think she’s scared of us, I think she’s scared of disapointing us

Nah, I think she's grown past that. She literally just doesn't see the point in trying to connect or excite fans over social media. There's probably a few reasons for that too, the biggest one being things fall through and she learned early in her career to not talk up projects that may or may not happen (ARTPOP Act II was the last time she did that). The next reason is probably that she doesn't like all the venom her fans throw her way when the first thing happens lol

I don't think she's scared at all, she just views her career and work as more personal now. Something she does for herself. She makes the music she wants to and works on the projects she wants to. She's not trying to cater to or hype a bunch of strangers.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, ChicaSkas said:

Both of my contacts on the film messaged me back with basically non answers. "Our participation in this project has wrapped" and nothing beyond that... which is..... annoying to say the least. 

wow... NDAs or just being polite? :oprah:

mother, what must i do?

Juanlittlem
1 hour ago, The Z said:

she had never ever mentionned it before

Are we gonna pretend she didn't say this while recording it?

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1

A Very Gaga Holida
7 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

Are we gonna pretend she didn't say this while recording it?

I don’t pretend, I just completely forgot :traumatica:

Ultimecia

In all honesty, moving the release of the documentary to after the holidays would make a lot of sense commercially speaking.

Tony Bennett and Jazz in general are synonymous with the winter holidays. If you follow Tony's socials, you can see this period of the year is when the biggest commercial push occurs, this year is no exception.

Tony's music is all about joy in the spirit of the holidays, so having such a sad documentary released during this time frame would probably interfere with that.

They most likely got cornered by the strike ending so late in the year, since I believe the original plan was to release the film in september, they probably chose to air it in 2024 as to not clash with the ongoing christmas promotion.

I want to keep faith. :traumatica:

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...
  • Sad 1