1. 1. Could you win RuPaul's Drag Race?

• I'd snatch the crown
    • I'd make the final
    • I'd be an early out
    • I'd be Porkchop
    • I wouldn't even survive the audition

Featured Posts

Levine

A whole season trying to avoid spoilers and then my friend just spoiled me the winner. Under the spoiler tag what I think (I'll post the same message after the show aired).

Spoiler

As I said many times, I'm happy because I love all the top 3 and I'm fine with whoever wins. And I'm more happy because Sapphira avoided all the insults and nasty comments she would have received if she had won this show. I'm sorry for her becuase of the 11th times auditioning, but I'm SUPER HAPPY because I'm going to see her slaying again on All Stars...like that's for sure to me.
Weird narrative arc for the winner, but I guess they changed once they saw the majority of the fans stanning for her.

• Love 1

RAMROD

The Top 3 songs treatment alone already makes it obvious who will win :shrug:

The order goes like this: bop but boring - bop, serving production, but we've heard this before - bop! serving production!

Spoiler

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Plastic Flower

I like most of the looks. Sapphira's looks a little messy with that breastplate. 

Drop it
  • Like 2

bionic
18 minutes ago, calmar said:
  Hide contents

20240420_084007.jpg?ex=6635845e&is=66230

screaming

Spoiler

its giving "makeover partner that is instant btm2"

somehow worse than tina burner doing rose 

buy bionic
  • LMAO 2

calmar
Just now, bionic said:
  Hide contents

its giving "makeover partner that is instant btm2"

somehow worse than tina burner doing rose 

I mean I posted it because her nonplussed reaction is funny, not to criticize the drag

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

bionic

sasha colby performance was underwhelming

buy bionic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

bionic

however sasha's step down look is a real slay omg

buy bionic
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

bionic
Spoiler

congrats to the winner :neyde: 

nymphia is a decent winner but idk she doesn't do it for me

those of you who post in all the drag race threads know i hate stunts, irrelevant reveals, acrobats and cliche dance moves in a lip sync and nymphia's finale was basically a compilation of those lmao

on the other hand sapphira's final lip sync was weird. vampire teeth and clunky ball gown into a clunky reveal of a bodysuit? oh dear

sapphira carried the season and even had the best final performance IMO so i am a bit sad for her... but oh well its not bionic's drag race (thank goodness)

buy bionic
  • Thanks 1

calmar

I thought the finale would be less even between the two that were known to be Top 2. But the runner up was neck and neck all the way up through the final lipsync. It'd be interesting to hear what factors went into the decision to leave the winner out of the edit for a lot of the season and then crown them in the end :artdoll2:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Thanks 1

RAMROD
11 minutes ago, calmar said:

went into the decision to leave the winner out of the edit for a lot of the season and then crown them in the end :artdoll2:

Why nobody complains when it happened to Sasha Velour? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

calmar
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I think a lot of people did, but the rose petal reveal became iconic. Hopefully the winner's reveal and high energy performance will too. Like Shea, I don't think there's much the runner up could have done better this season. They're both amazing. My gripe is more with the production and editing of the show which made the runner-up look a lot more main character than the actual winner, even through the finale episode until maybe the last 15 seconds of the lipsync.

Spoiler

And like I mentioned a lil earlier in the thread, I kind of knew Nymphia would mention Taiwan in her winning speech, and I'm perched to see what drag race fans in mainland China do about this. Or even China itself vis-à-vis the production companies that put on drag race for giving what amounts to a political middle finger to them in their eyes.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

bionic
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

They changed the format for the finale that season and it happened to work massively in Sasha’s favour. The finale was filmed months after the rest of the episodes (and only two weeks before airing).

This finale was filmed immediately after the previous episodes. They’ve had all the footage the entire time and should’ve been able to give us something instead of the winner vanishing for half the season other than to pop up and shout a couple words then vanish again. They did her an injustice 

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

calmar

I gotta admit this thread is kind of dead imo rn :laughga: I thought there'd be more gays in here.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない