Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Bradley Cooper Offered Howard Stern a Major ‘ASIB’ Role

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Screen-Shot-2023-11-29-at-10.03.07-AM.pn

Speaking of “A Star Is Born,” Cooper and Stern revealed for the first time during their discussion that it was Stern who was first offered the role in the movie that eventually was played by Sam Elliot in an Oscar-nominated performance. Elliot played the older brother and manager to Cooper’s rock star Jackson Maine.

“I’ve told two or three people in my life that you offered me that role in ‘A Star Is Born,’ and they look at me like, ‘What the ****? You didn’t do it?'” Stern said. “You came to me and said I’m going to play your older brother and be your manager type thing. I went, ‘No ****. That’s kind of intriguing.’ I was really toying with the idea.”

Cooper stressed that the character he envisioned Stern to play is not the character Sam Elliott ended up playing in the film, even though it was the same brother role.

“The first time I saw you in person i couldn’t believe how gentle your eyes are,” Cooper told Stern about the reason he wanted to cast him. “And you can’t even hide them. As much of an asshole as you try to be, to me it’s like look how kind his eyes are. It’s impossible to hate the guy.”

Cooper said offering Stern the role in “A Star Is Born” came “early” during the film’s development as “things were swimming in my head.” He added, “It was a totally different role … there were three weeks of me standing by. You really contemplated this.”

Source

• YAAAS 1
  • Shook 5

Controversiaga

Wow! I can’t imagine anyone else playing Ally … but this could’ve been interesting!

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 29
  • YAAAS 1

RAMROD

Could this be when Ally was supposed to be Beyoncé? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ALGAYDO
15 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Could this be when Ally was supposed to be Beyoncé? :oprah:

No that was when Will Smith was supposed to be Jackson Maine lol 

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

No that was when Will Smith was supposed to be Jackson Maine lol 

nnn :bradley:

interesting how these things developed. Wondering how many people actually offered a role before the final one that we know 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

Guillaume Hamon
19 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

interesting how these things developed. Wondering how many people actually offered a role before the final one that we know 

I red also that at some point they wanted farell and Jlo.

• Shook 1

Tyler1992
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I doubt anyone was officially offered the role, more “in talks” to star. Beyonce probably came very close with Clint Eastwoods iteration before they both moved on.

It’s crazy the amount of hands that touch a project before it actually goes into production. 

Looking at Denis Villeneuves Cleopatra- Lady Gaga was rumoured to be in talks after Angelina Jolie, and before Zendaya. Who knows what will actually come of it, it could be the role of a lifetime, or a footnote. 

So many sliding doors in Hollywood that could have been an actors biggest project! It’s fascinating to think what could have been had all the stars aligned.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Defmix100
59 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

I doubt anyone was officially offered the role, more “in talks” to star. Beyonce probably came very close with Clint Eastwoods iteration before they both moved on.

It’s crazy the amount of hands that touch a project before it actually goes into production. 

Looking at Denis Villeneuves Cleopatra- Lady Gaga was rumoured to be in talks after Angelina Jolie, and before Zendaya. Who knows what will actually come of it, it could be the role of a lifetime, or a footnote. 

So many sliding doors in Hollywood that could have been an actors biggest project! It’s fascinating to think what could have been had all the stars aligned.

It reminds me of the making of The Middle song and how many singers recorded it

• Love 1

Stephen

That’s so interesting how the brother character changed and evolved. I wonder what Howard’s version would have been like. Glad we got Sam Elliot though. 

Anderson123
5 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

It reminds me of the making of The Middle song and how many singers recorded it

That's very interesting too. Or Sia's Titanium and how it was supposed to be for Mary J. Blige or Alicia Keys, even pitched to Katy Perry but Guetta decided to keep Sia's original demo and ended up being the superior version!

Defmix100
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

That's very interesting too. Or Sia's Titanium and how it was supposed to be for Mary J. Blige or Alicia Keys, even pitched to Katy Perry but Guetta decided to keep Sia's original demo and ended up being the superior version!

And didn't he release it without telling Sia or something like that? I remember her saying she was shocked that the demo became the official version

• Like 1

Anderson123
44 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

And didn't he release it without telling Sia or something like that? I remember her saying she was shocked that the demo became the official version

Yes she had just retired from singing and wanted to focus on songwriting so hearing the final version with her vocals was shocking to her.

• Like 1