• OG (2008-2009)
    • Elite (2010-2011)
    • Hate Train (2012-2014)
    • Country (2015-2017)
    • Comeback (2018-2019)
    • New (2020-2023)

Featured Posts

jackjackjackjack13

I had casually heard of her around VMA 2010 as it was basically what everyone talked about, got curious and started listening to her in 2011 and was an all-out Monsters in 2012 (literally the worst time to be her fans, especially in my country since she was met with huge demonstration when she announced that she would tour the country for BTWB (take a wild guess which) that resulted in her having to cancel the show altogether) - so I guess I'm among those Hate Train Monsters... it was fun tho defending her during those times :ladyhaha:

i don't know her

AnglerfishbraBENUS
11 hours ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Loved both Just Dance and Poker Face when they came out, but this performance really sealed the deal.

this! i was curious and slowly obsessing over Poker Face. then Lovegame when i started playing tap tap revolution/revenge. Was SO excited to watch her at the VMAs and obviously that performance cemented the deal

PunkTheFunk

My Gaga journey:

2008: Gaga debuts.

Me, an unsuspecting heterosexual:

rihanna-who-dat-whatever.gif

2009-2011: Gaga goes full meat dress. I am in high school at this point and everyone says she is weird and demonic and I agree with them while secretly bopping to Alejandro.

MV5BOGI1ZmVjZDMtOWFhOC00NmM4LThlMTItNWNh

2012: Gaga releases Marry The Night and tugs my wig a little bit.

well-stan-twitter.gif

2013-2014: I enter my first year of university as the Gaga hate train intensifies. During the ARTPOP era I realize that I'm both gay and a Gaga fan.

giphy-downsized.gif

2015-2016: I am fully in the cult at this point. This is also the time I joined Gagadaily.

mixtape-cd.gif

2017-2019: I achieve my final form as a Little Monster and begin to transform into a motorbike.

62lsHQ.gif

2020-Present: 

EHHQr97XUAEqLX6.jpg

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

sarahb

2011, because my mum wanted to watch Sydney Monster Hall on tv then afterwards said she wouldn't mind seeing her in concert and she was gonna drag me along :rip:

I thought to myself "well I'd rather go willingly" and that's when I started to look into her work. 

We saw the Born This Way Ball the next year. :vegas:

So yeah, it's all my mum's fault :selena:

Edited by sarahb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

My Gaga journey:

2009-2011: Gaga goes full meat dress. I am in high school at this point and everyone says she is weird and demonic and I agree with them while secretly bopping to Alejandro.

well-stan-twitter.gif

2013-2014: I enter my first year of university as the Gaga hate train intensifies. During the ARTPOP era I realize that I'm both gay and a Gaga fan.

giphy-downsized.gif

2015-2016: I am fully in the cult at this point. This is also the time I joined Gagadaily.

mixtape-cd.gif

2017-2019: I achieve my final form as a Little Monster and begin to transform into a motorbike.

62lsHQ.gif

2020-Present: 

EHHQr97XUAEqLX6.jpg

This post deserves me attention, you had me rolling lmaooo :laughga:

• LMAO 1

Tyler1992

OG 

When Just Dance was released I thought it was from Cascade or some other electronic, Europop artist. I loved the song. Once Poker Face and LoveGame were released it was obvious she was a hit maker. 

At the time, I was discovering Madonna and her pension for reinvention- exploring different themes, imagery, sound, I loved that about her, and I was thinking there were no boundary pushing artists anymore- Rihanna had kind of began moving into that territory, but I yearned for more.

LoveGame/Poker Face at the Much Music VMAs solidified an artist that wasn’t going to play it safe, someone who would rock the boat. I watched that performance like a dozen times at my friends house.

I remember watching Paparazzi on SNL with my family in a hotel room in Boston. It was so different and cool. They even recognized then she was something different.

Then watching Paparazzi live at the VMAs totally hook, lined and sunk it for me as a Monster. I was scared and enamoured all at the same time. 

There were times where I was genuinely kind of freaked out by her. I thought she was going too far. It’s crazy how normal it looks now… She pushed pop culture to the limits.

Tyler1992
4 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

My Gaga journey:

well-stan-twitter.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

mixtape-cd.gif

62lsHQ.gif

2020-Present: 

EHHQr97XUAEqLX6.jpg

Our trajectory is so similar. Though my gay awakening happened a few years earlier. Being a closeted gay AND monster in 2011 was a wild time.

My final form as a bike happened in 2010ish, but couldn’t rev the engine until years later.

Suffering the first year of university/ARTPOP all alone was damaging.

• Love 1

TimotheeChalamet

I was a casual listener with The Fame and also thought she couldn't sing at first because I was dumb but I became a fan with Paparazzi at the VMAs

Edited by TimotheeChalamet

zebrastripes
5 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

My Gaga journey:

well-stan-twitter.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

mixtape-cd.gif

62lsHQ.gif

2020-Present: 

EHHQr97XUAEqLX6.jpg

Cool story : )

• Love 1

Ophelia

Elite, late 2010 :firega: My story is kinda weird tho.

I was a child that was very obsessed with gossip sites, but the articles about Gaga fascinated me the most.

In Nov 2010 she visited my country with TMB and it was all over the news. Local Gaga official fanclub has promoted themselves during one of the TV reports about the concert. Their website quickly became my favorite page on the web. :lolly:

…..but I didn’t came out as a LM in front of my friends and family until ARTPOP :messga:

...has anybody seen my disco stick?

Bolkins

Geriatric OG here. I remember when JD hit number 1 in the UK early 2009, initially I wasn't particularly interested and I actually thought she was going to be one hit wonder  :ladyhaha: Then a few months later she did those live lounge performances of pokerface/viva la vida (in the pirate hat) which made me realise she was way more gifted than the average pop star. I then happened to see her live at a festival around August '09 and I had never seen anyone perform like that, and then a month later she did the VMA's performance of Paparazzi - it was a wild year and by the end of it I was fully obsessed. 

Not the bore worms!

Gaga first drew me in with her VMA performance in 2009.  I became a true Monster on March 31, 2011 while at The Monster Ball with my daughter.  We both agree that it was a life changing experience.  We feel much love for Gaga and for the amazing fans that we have met over the years ❤️.

Tony31511

I became a fan when I first heard Poker Face. I was so intrigued by the song and I would replay it over and over again. Then I started investigating the artist in 2009 (around the end of The Fame era). I was only 14 years old at the time and now I’m 28… still a huge fan. She’s been in the entire second half of my life!