“exes” by Tate McRae debuts at #20 on Global Spotify with over 2.9M streams

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Global: #20 - 2,903,895    
US: #13 - 1,108,256
UK: #13 - 236,843
Canada: #12 - 162,367

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • YAAAS 1

Versace

Is that good?

Cause I’m hoping she becomes a main pop girl. She’s giving Britney, Nelly and Stripped era Xtina and I’m so here for it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Versace said:

Is that good?

Cause I’m hoping she becomes a main pop girl. She’s giving Britney, Nelly and Stripped era Xtina and I’m so here for it. 

It's very good for her especially considering how well greedy is doing too. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

get rid of the camila cabello vocals then we got a new pop star

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA
  • Thanks 1

ALGAYDO
37 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

She looks so much like young Stefani in those pictures omg 

I was gonna say this! She looks soooo much like Gaga before The Fame 

• Love 1

monstertoronto

It feels like she started serving out of the blue. I thought she was a bit boring before. And she went from “sad girl” songs and moody ballads to confident dancey tracks wearing sexy sports themed looks and killer choreo. I’m here for it. 

2 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

It feels like she started serving out of the blue. I thought she was a bit boring before. And she went from “sad girl” songs and moody ballads to confident dancey tracks wearing sexy sports themed looks and killer choreo. I’m here for it. 

She’s talked about how she sees this as a different part of her personality/persona that she was hiding before, calling it Tatiana. So she’s been taping into that now to perform differently and get the confidence to do choreo. 

I do find it interesting that none of the recent new pop girls dance anymore (or rather in this way) so she’s unique, but in a nostalgic way. Her label should take advantage of this and market her like Britney. 

Excited to see what she does on SNL tonight!

Edited by HIM820
  • Like 2

monstertoronto
4 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

She’s talked about how she sees this as a different part of her personality/persona that she was hiding before, calling it Tatiana. So she’s been taping into that now to perform differently and get the confidence to do choreo. 

I do find it interesting that none of the recent new pop girls dance anymore (or rather in this way) so she’s unique, but in a nostalgic way. Her label should take advantage of this and market her like Britney. 

Excited to see what she does on SNL tonight!

Thanks for all that context. I didn’t know about “Tatiana”. It’s true, there hasn’t been a dance/focused pop girl for a long time. We need it! They need to lean in to her dance background. 

19 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Thanks for all that context. I didn’t know about “Tatiana”. It’s true, there hasn’t been a dance/focused pop girl for a long time. We need it! They need to lean in to her dance background. 

I’ve seen people writing about how the previous pop standard is becoming subversive and cool again especially with Gen Z. Y2K nostalgia and almost a decade now with heavy influences by Lana, Lorde, Billie etc is helping turn the tide I think. Ariana and Dua are outliers because they either incorporate their dancers heavily or really try themselves to their best capabilities. But Gaga’s era of newbies is definitely the last one where it was important for videos and performances. 

• Like 1

monstertoronto
26 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

I’ve seen people writing about how the previous pop standard is becoming subversive and cool again especially with Gen Z. Y2K nostalgia and almost a decade now with heavy influences by Lana, Lorde, Billie etc is helping turn the tide I think. Ariana and Dua are outliers because they either incorporate their dancers heavily or really try themselves to their best capabilities. But Gaga’s era of newbies is definitely the last one where it was important for videos and performances. 

Even Dua was initially mocked for her dance moves so it wasn’t part of her success until FN, and even then not as tightly choreographed as what Tate is doing now.