💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Im Still Bitter About Marry The Night

crazygato

Featured Posts

crazygato

I know I know this been discussed to death. I partly blame Gaga but mostly her team for not making this song one of her early classics. I mean its the first track on the album but was the last released? It doesnt make sense! Other songs on the album that are controversial like GH, Judas, and Bloody Mary have had their time to shine later because of their subject matter but MTN is just forgotten. Left on the curbside. When I listen to it it almost brings tears to my eyes for how beautiful it is! The way Gaga was finally honest with the music video. The winter vibes. The vulnerability and  fierceness of it. But it was too late and the era just crashed. I know its a classic for us but this deserves to be played and be remembered with the public! So energetic and hopeful and emotional! Instead the butchered BR wannabe got the attention. Even Gaga wanted MTN as the 2nd single!!! Honestly the wannabe could have been released later and it still would get attention because its "controversial ". But MTN deserved to be an early single and be huge hit! Im not gonna lié it reminds me of Madonna's "Like A Prayer" in that it is danceable but emotional, a religious experience! Praise to Marry The Night, one of her best songs ever!!!:pray::pray::pray:

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 4
  • Thanks 1

WhiteWitch

Honestly, the last thing we need is yet another petty grievance thread about decade old stuff in this game base. It’s to the point we have a reputation for non stand. She has a completely different management team than BTW and if you’re still upset about this or ACT II it only hurts you. Even as a HUGE ARTPOP Stan this week has been exhausting seeing these constant threads living in past gripes. It’s 2023 not 2011, we need to move forward as a fan base badly or people need to find new artists to stan. MTN is a fantastic song, and a personal favorite. ARTPOP Act II may or may not happen ever. Charts don’t change that fact or really matter 12 years later. Besides, with TikTok who knows what tomorrow or any other day brings. But let’s please learn to breathe and enjoy the ride. There’s more important things to be frustrated with than our parasocial relationships with people who don’t know our names. 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

crazygato
5 minutes ago, WhiteWitch said:

Honestly, the last thing we need is yet another petty grievance thread about decade old stuff in this game base. It’s to the point we have a reputation for non stand. She has a completely different management team than BTW and if you’re still upset about this or ACT II it only hurts you. Even as a HUGE ARTPOP Stan this week has been exhausting seeing these constant threads living in past gripes. It’s 2023 not 2011, we need to move forward as a fan base badly or people need to find new artists to stan. MTN is a fantastic song, and a personal favorite. ARTPOP Act II may or may not happen ever. Charts don’t change that fact or really matter 12 years later. Besides, with TikTok who knows what tomorrow or any other day brings. But let’s please learn to breathe and enjoy the ride. There’s more important things to be frustrated with than our parasocial relationships with people who don’t know our names. 

Excuse me, Im just praising MTN! ARTPOP or her current team didnt even cross my mind! 

CharlieQuinn
18 minutes ago, WhiteWitch said:

I don't think that was their point. They didn't even mentioned AP. They are saying MTN deserved its moment.  Sometimes the ''Decade old stuff" is what makes a singer a legend. Years later we are still talking AP, meat dress, bad decisions, good decisions and iconic moments, etc.

I agree. One of her best songs. MTN is a gem. I play it while driving at night or when I'm feeling sad. Makes me feel like a Cat Woman/ Batman hybrid:firega:

• Like 2

Anderson123
1 hour ago, crazygato said:

I mean its the first track on the album but was the last released? It doesnt make sense! 

Confused Chrissy Teigen GIF

I think Gaga herself said that Marry The Night was supposed to be the lead but because she knew that a lot of people would listen to the song, she chose Born This Way because of its message instead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

chun li
1 hour ago, WhiteWitch said:

Honestly, the last thing we need is yet another petty grievance thread about decade old stuff in this game base.

Damn let her have her feelings? If you can't talk about Lady Gaga on here where do you even go? Does your local therapist listen to Marry The Night: the prelude pathétique feat. Beethoven's Piano Sonata No.8 in C minor Op.13 mix during her commute to their studio? I don't think :crossed:

Edited by chun li
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWitch said:

I get what you’re trying to say but this is a Gaga forum , this is literally the place for that kind of discourse. 

BTW was the perfect lead, a cultural reset, serve that needed to be served. MTN was iconic as well, video was a serve but I don't think it would have been as big as BTW if it was the first single. I think the BTW rollout was perfect as is. My only grievance is that gay rights with BTW then religious controversy of Judas impacted the success with a certain portion of the GP unfortunately, I remember a conservative kid in my middle school class reporting me to the principal for having the Judas artwork on my binder lmfaoo. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

i actually don’t really care about marry the night. the production is so noisy it sort of sounds like a demo sometimes 😅 

ajmsamuel
2 hours ago, Cello said:

MTN should have been the lead, I've always thought this

I remember that one interview she said it was supposed to be

1. Born this way

2. Marry the night

3. Scheisse

4. The edge of glory

Those where the secure singles but the team talked about 9 singles if the first 4 did a great job

kindest regards
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1