💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Dua Lipa Management: Very Ambitious For DL3. Wants To Change Pop Culture

RAMROD

Featured Posts

King of the Fall
34 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

I feel like Future Nostalgia was such a big step up for Dua that this album will be more tame and fun in comparison. I'm not expecting next level pop music because Houdini was just okay, nothing groundbreaking in my opinion.

Either way, she has proved herself to be the most interesting major artist in years and I'm sure her next project will gain her a lot more fans, but maybe not that cultural moment/acclaim her management wants. 

Keep in mind that Dua herself has said that the rest of the album sounds very different than Houdini which served more as a bridge between era's. I don't think forming opinions on an album based on one single is ever very wise, especially when it comes to Dua Lipa. Future Nostalgia started off with a fun but relatively safe single with Don't Start Now before everything really started kicking into full gear with Physical. I suspect this rollout is going to play out in much the same way.

Edited by 4th Street
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 3

monstertoronto
34 minutes ago, LaFama said:

We kinda did when they said they had spent 18 months planning the campaign for Chromatica and that it was one of the best rollouts ever, just to be hit with a pandemic and then they were only able to save some cookies and a wine brand deal. Will we ever win? :traumatica:

That’s so true. It’s really the lost era. We’ll never know what could have been. But the pandemic is also when Dua really flourished. While Gaga and other artists pumped the brakes, Dua released a million singles and videos and ascended to where she is now. I do love Gaga’s heart but I also think they overreacted by essentially cancelling the era. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

gumzy3000
15 minutes ago, 4th Street said:

Keep in mind that Dua herself has said that the rest of the album sounds very different than Houdini which served more as a bridge between era's. I don't think forming opinions on an album based on one single is ever very wise, especially when it comes to Dua Lipa. Future Nostalgia started off with a fun but relatively safe single with Don't Start Now before everything really started kicking into full gear with Physical. I suspect this rollout is going to play out in much the same way.

I agree but I think Don't Start Now was an excellent single for the FN era to start with as compared to Houdini which sounds a lot more basic and plain to me. It will be exciting to see the next single choice as your right, that should really give us a sneak peak as to what to expect in the next album 

trolly troll troll
  • Like 2

Starmie25
22 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

I do love Gaga’s heart but I also think they overreacted by essentially cancelling the era. 

As much as I wanted a bit more Chromatica content in 2021, I think ultimately they made the right choice.

The world was in in a very unknown place mentally in 2020. Bigger things needed addressing.

Fans also need to remember Gaga has a whole executive team around her too and if the era continued on she may have put others at risks too (catching virus) 

Guillaume Hamon
4 hours ago, Rat Boy said:

Meanwhile we’re struggling to get a film for a tour that ended 2 billion years ago. :bradley:

I red somewhere it was about the rights of soundtracks songs sung on the tour blocking the process.

Don't know if it's really about that or just a rumor tho.

Rat Boy
1 hour ago, dit said:

I would like to spek to manager 9fa19b956d838d477cd0fc4bd3c48ecb_735_512

What in the world is that image! Reported! :traumatica:

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River
  • LMAO 1

InsomniaMonster69
2 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

most interesting major artist in years

I don't wanna drag or hate on Dua but... where? 

She's serving bops - okay. But you can give her music to any girl whit a deeper tune and it would literally sound the same... far away from most interesting! And more far away from changing pop culture

I still appreciate some songs and I'm here for successful women in the music industry 

• Like 4

InTheCloset
5 hours ago, Rat Boy said:

Meanwhile we’re struggling to get a film for a tour that ended 2 billion years ago. :bradley:

I blame booby n sara n the rats at joanne trattoria. 

casting couches

Spoiler

ples dont ban me mods im too pretty:cryga:

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • LMAO 1

InTheCloset
1 hour ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I red somewhere it was about the rights of soundtracks songs sung on the tour blocking the process.

Don't know if it's really about that or just a rumor tho.

babes that strike ended days ago

Where's the spunk, Adam?

MonsterofFame

What made Future Nostalgia such a big success is that the music did all the work. Dua didn't need to reset pop culture for FN to be successful. Instead, she served us with really good dance pop with clever lyrics and a fun vibe.

Artists always fall into this trap of feeling they need to be "game changing" when all we really want is an evolution of what made us love them to begin with.

Houdini is a good song, but not amazing enough for me to know whether the album will live up to FN.

• Like 3

Rat Boy
1 hour ago, InTheCloset said:

I blame booby n sara n the rats at joanne trattoria. 

casting couches

Reveal hidden contents

ples dont ban me mods im too pretty:cryga:

Excuse me the rats did backing vocals for TEA! We are just as upset about ARTPOP II as you filthy peasant humans! :traumatica:

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

1 hour ago, InsomniaMonster69 said:

And more far away from changing pop culture

It’s pretty ridiculous to deny that Future Nostalgia was one of the greatest pop eras ever and certainly did change pop music

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MonsterofFame said:

What made Future Nostalgia such a big success is that the music did all the work. Dua didn't need to reset pop culture for FN to be successful. Instead, she served us with really good dance pop with clever lyrics and a fun vibe.

Artists always fall into this trap of feeling they need to be "game changing" when all we really want is an evolution of what made us love them to begin with.

This isn’t exactly true. When Future Nostalgia came out Dua said she wants to have a career similar to Madonna’s and you guys had the exact same reaction: https://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/346158-dua-wants-to-be-the-next-madonna-can-she/

Her team was also just as ambitions in 2020: Inside Dua Lipa’s ‘Future Nostalgia’ Campaign — And Why Her Team Doesn’t Plan to Stop Now

• Like 3