💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Dua wants to be the next Madonna. Can she?

QueenGaga

Featured Posts

QueenGaga

Before anyone calls this a hate thread I just want to say I’m not hating on Dua, I’m just very curious on peoples opinion on her approach to her career. Personally, I think Dua lacks the outrage and talent. I dont think she can ever catch up to Madonna artistically or sonically. Madonna is a phenomenon that comes once every century (ala Gaga this century) and Dua is a bland pop girl. I think at one point her label wont be as supportive because of ageism and she’s going to lose her star power much earlier then her 50s like Madonna. 
What do you guys think? 

Dua on many occasions has talked wanting to be like Madonna and how she looks upto Madonna. Who doesn’t, but Dua takes it a step further.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTi5OFMTEBIOuTOm6TzzY
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvTluzY02evXLb2Q-_JfW

She even wants her career trajectory to be similar to Madonnas and believes she’ll peak artistically in her 40s.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/18/dua-lipa-wants-madonna-reached-creative-peak-40s-cant-wait-hear-version-ray-light-12871053/amp/   

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

can this stop being a topic on every pop artist that emerges 

please

the girl is two albums into her career

why do people try to compare every popstar to madonna? like stop it

madge is an icon on her own, many girls these days are obviously inspired by her amazing career and follow her steps but they don't necessarily have to be a new madonna, they can shine by themselves

... and now i just sit in silence.

GAGAVENUS

she definitely has the drive and determination and is really growing creatively, but I view her career more like Katy Perry's atm

QueenGaga

@Agunimon @Damon As I said in the OP, the comparison was drawn by Dua herself, not the media or me. She believes or Atleast wants to be the next Madonna. All I am asking is if you guys think she has the talent and creativity to do it. If she hadn’t drawn the comparisons herself this thread wouldn’t exist. :poot:

TimisaMonster

No...and let Dua make her own career...

Madonna also isn't the standard for what every pop artist wants to become...if anything I'd wanna be like Gaga as a new artist coming up

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

She already is tbh, no question about it. Madonna being in her song was a passing of the torch moment.

BYE

QueenGaga
5 minutes ago, GAGAVENUS said:

she definitely has the drive and determination and is really growing creatively, but I view her career more like Katy Perry's atm

Same. She looks more like a industry plant especially after the payola thing with RS. I cant see her dominate her career and artistic drive like Madonna

I didn't know this about her. Let's see her do it. I like her drive, ambition and that she stans Madonna. Madonna hit the ground running though, with controversy and never lost it, she was always talked about and created trends. Dua's beginnings were quiet. I'd even say her career is pretty quiet, but power to her, hope she will achieve her dreams. Who wouldn't want Madonna's career.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

QueenGaga
2 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

@Agunimon @Damon As I said in the OP, the comparison was drawn by Dua herself, not the media or me. She believes or Atleast wants to be the next Madonna. All I am asking is if you guys think she has the talent and creativity to do it. If she hadn’t drawn the comparisons herself this thread wouldn’t exist. :poot:

@TimisaMonster

TimisaMonster
2 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

The answer is still no cuz Madonna made her career out of being controversial and pushing the style at that time...

Dua hasn't done any of that lol

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

QueenGaga
Just now, TimisaMonster said:

The answer is still no cuz Madonna made her career out of being controversial and pushing the style at that time...

Dua hasn't done any of that lol

Thats the kind of answer my question was about. I feel the same. Madonna was a trendsetter and Dua’s very........bland :poot:

QueenGaga
6 minutes ago, Phlop said:

She already is tbh, no question about it. Madonna being in her song was a passing of the torch moment.

But will she be able to keep that torch lit tho :ohwell:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived