opinion

So at the end of the day, Gaga didn't say anything about ARTPOP's anniversary...

Donatellah

Featured Posts

Space Cowboy

I'm surprised she didn't send out a message on social media, that's what I expected but she already acknowledged the album and era a couple years ago so that makes sense she didn't want to dig it back up. The way she spoke about it tells you how she remembers the era.

The way the public reacted to ARTPOP then must've been hard on her and as for ARTPOP ACT II, that's mostly a myth. I doesn't exist, but obviously unreleased material exists.

• Like 1

RebeldeFaith

The ARTPOP era was her most devastating one. For all we know she might still be healing from all the trauma that it gave her. If she wants to ignore it we don't have a say at all. It is her decision and that's it. 

We love the album and remember the era with a different point of view from hers. Let's celebrate that we have the album and that 10 years later she is still here and going stronger than ever. One day if she feels like it she will acknowledge it, and if she doesn't that's okay.

There's nothing more important that we can do than to support her decision and keep showing that even through all the pain she experienced back then she still gave us something beautiful that we will always cherish and carry with us forever.

Something something idk

Future Lovers

The sooner this fanbase makes peace with the fact that she just doesn’t feel the same way about ARTPOP most of you all do the better 

Moonlight on Water
10 hours ago, Delulu Rogers said:

I don’t think expecting her to talk about it is too much to ask? At the end of the day it’s her decision but let’s be real, the bar is on the floor 

Why are you expecting something that you're not even in control of?

she/her

HotLikeMexico
21 minutes ago, Moonlight on Water said:

Why are you expecting something that you're not even in control of?

Yeah we aren’t in control of it… but what do you expect…? Ignoring behind the scenes issues, it’s not that much of a stretch to assume an artist you’re a fan of would acknowledge their own work for their fans. 

• Like 1

GagasEnigma4

Look, I get its disappointing to some but why does her saying something about ARTPOPs 10th anniversary need to be the be all end all? If ARTPOP is special to you in your heart, or changes your life, it should not matter if Gaga says anything about it. It would be nice yes, but she doesnt owe anything. And for those saying it wasnt that dark or traumatic of a time in her life, how do you know? You dont know everything about her life. Nor does her not acknowledging it in a post take away from the special place in our hearts that will always hold ARTPOP

Edited by GagasEnigma4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gagaplayer315

It’s just that actual Nurtec patient and makeup seller didn’t have the time to write a simple tweet acknowledging ARTPOP because she’s busy doing some more paid partnerships.
I just hate how she can never be straightforward about the things we really care about. 2023 really was the worst year to be a fan… 

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1

omg. she redesigned her whole website. can we not complain at every little thing she was never entitled to do in the first place. 

Little Monster in Buffalo

PartySick
1 hour ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

It’s just that actual Nurtec patient and makeup seller didn’t have the time to write a simple tweet acknowledging ARTPOP because she’s busy doing some more paid partnerships.
I just hate how she can never be straightforward about the things we really care about. 2023 really was the worst year to be a fan… 

The dramatics, I can't.

I'm so glad I don't take any of this as seriously as some of y'all do :icant:

Back in the pre-social media days you'd go months, maybe even years without hearing anything from an artist you loved unless they had something to promote or sell.

But now, your chosen idols have to comment on everything. They have to have a stance on every issue, celebrate the things you celebrate, do the work you want them to do, they have to be beholden to their fans instead of having their own lives and careers.

Respectfully, you guys aren't "dissatisfied fans", you're obsessed stans that need to turn off the screens more often and get a healthier perspective on it all. If Gaga really isn't doing it for you then why do you still care so much? There's plenty of pop stars that slap out bops and chart toppers annually, go "stan" them.

Sincerely, the biggest ARTPOP lover on this forum :neyde:

You can be disappointed but damn, y'all act like Gaga hasn't at least earned our respect after all this time. She's a human being, and a pretty great one at that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Gagaplayer315
26 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The dramatics, I can't.

I'm so glad I don't take any of this as seriously as some of y'all do :icant:

Back in the pre-social media days you'd go months, maybe even years without hearing anything from an artist you loved unless they had something to promote or sell.

But now, your chosen idols have to comment on everything. They have to have a stance on every issue, celebrate the things you celebrate, do the work you want them to do, they have to be beholden to their fans instead of having their own lives and careers.

Respectfully, you guys aren't "dissatisfied fans", you're obsessed stans that need to turn off the screens more often and get a healthier perspective on it all. If Gaga really isn't doing it for you then why do you still care so much? There's plenty of pop stars that slap out bops and chart toppers annually, go "stan" them.

Sincerely, the biggest ARTPOP lover on this forum :neyde:

You can be disappointed but damn, y'all act like Gaga hasn't at least earned our respect after all this time. She's a human being, and a pretty great one at that.

Ok but you know we are far from those days :motherofpuppies: She literally has many media platforms available where she could’ve at least mention it.

Those same platforms she uses all the time to list all the super clean ingredients of her makeup, to promote kindness clothes, to advertise watches and migraine pills.

I never said anything about bops and chart toppers, I’m just calling out her elusive ways when it comes to clarifying issues about her music career.

TheSine
6 minutes ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

Ok but you know we are far from those days :motherofpuppies: She literally has many media platforms available where she could’ve at least mention it.

Those same platforms she uses all the time to list all the super clean ingredients of her makeup, to promote kindness clothes, to advertise watches and migraine pills.

I never said anything about bops and chart toppers, I’m just calling out her elusive ways when it comes to clarifying issues about her music career.

Not to be rude, but she doesn't have to mention anything. That's the thing. She shouldn't have to mention or clarify anything. Maybe one day, but not today.:interestinga: 

I can sympathize with you and others when they miss her interacting with fans, but like Party said, she's always done so much for us and earned our respect. She has already addressed things multiple times.

One disappointing thing shouldn't have people doubting her. Maybe I'm uneducated, but that's just me. :shrug:

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵

LittleMonster20
11 hours ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

It was for nothing, they simply cannot release any unreleased demo and it will never change, maybe only after Gaga has died and those vile executives want to make profit on her posthumous fame. Move on. 

There was never a clear announcement of it never coming or not being able to be released, which wouldn’t take much effort. Therefore I don’t understand why people think the fanbase is being unreasonable in their expectation of ACT II eventually coming, especially after a decade of teasing. Had there never been any mention of ACT II after the ARTPOP era ended, it’d be one thing. But imo there was just a tad too much of it throughout the years for me to really think it’s some horrible thing that the fans need to let go of.

I remember around LG5/Joanne era people pretty much forgot about it entirely, until DJWS decided to play the intro to TEA (proving the song exists) at some date at the JWT in 2017. Yeah yeah, Boston Tea party reference, whatever. So you’re telling me they’d play an unreleased song that the fanbase has been wanting and getting teased about for years, and explicitly claim ‘that’s all for now’ only for it to be about a little inside joke at a tour date years later. Not to forget all the ARTPOP demos including the instrumental version of Tinnitus (Tonight Is Us) leaking months prior by allegedly reliable sources.

Then in 2021, there’s a petition with THOUSANDS of fans signing in order to get ACT II, that Gaga, DJWS and even other people in Gaga’s team acknowledge for months with tons of details given about the album and again, teasing. Never was it said ‘we appreciate your enthusiasm for this project, but due to legal reasons we unfortunately can’t release it’ or something along those lines. Nor was it said after, which logically would make the fanbase think maybe it will come.

littlepotter

It genuinely makes me so sad. It's like wishing your friend happy birthday and they don't reply to you

chaeri pls
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

pussycat

She has no obligations! She never signed anything where she owes us new material/ a melodramatic message/ whatever on the anniversary date. This is not a marriage or a special holiday. It’s just time passing by as it does, that’s it. Maybe stop expecting shít from her and let her LIVE. We make up these unwritten rules where we expect so much for the anniversaries, we are putting pressure onto her and are excited for things she never even mentioned were coming. If she wanted to she would’ve, but she didn’t so now MOVE ON