đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

event

#10YearsOfARTPOP ad at Times Square

itsmeluka

Featured Posts

Anderson123
2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm convinced that if everything that was planned for ARTPOP (DWUW video, MANiCURE video, etc.) actually happened that it would have ended her career as we know it. Who ever made the final decisions.... job well done.

I'm sure we would have been gagged but the GP would have absolutely slaughtered her even more so than they already did.

.Britney Spears GIF

I don’t think ARTPOP would’ve ended her career to be honest. Sure we have that Do What U Want video concept and Manicure but the album was just pure EDM fun with lyrics about her personal life, her trauma. I don’t think people would’ve hated her as if this were some kind of Erotica/Like A Prayer/American Life type of album. 

But I do agree that they put a stop to it just in time before it got bad.

• Thanks 1

Gaga2645

It’s so funny to me that people think “her team _____” is a drag lololol. She negotiated more control in her career in 2016 when she renewed with Interscope. I think it’s some people’s way of deflecting that some things Gaga just doesn’t want to do or some decisions she makes they just don’t like. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MaybeKermit

As artists we grow and grow continuously… especially someone like Gaga…

it’s clear that where she is right now nobody could’ve predicted her to be back during the ARTPOP days when she was preaching that EVERYTHING she stands for is Art+Music and she’d rather die than give that up.

she has become very private the recent years and even just seeing the glimpses we get from her it’s safe to say that she’s changed as a person AND as an artist.

why is it that hard to understand thay maybe because of this she just doesnt want to acknowledge that era anymore because it still hurts her and maybe she just cringes ? 

Someone yesterday said that it’s not ohligated to acknowledge every anniversary, and that’s true? BTW is her magnum opus and she knows it too, rhats why they did the whole promo thing in 2021. But ARTPOP? Why?

someone just woke up one day and started saying that they’re expecting something for ARTPOP’s anniversary without Gaga never really acknowledging that album anymore during the last 10y lmao

she’ll never do what we expect from her so ONCE AGAIN: lower y’alls expectations even more

• Like 5

I guess she has become more mysterious now, people are confused by her elusiveness and what goes on in her mind these days. That’s so nice of the fans to pay for an extremely expensive billboard in Times Square. Could she not just quietly tack Brooklyn Nights onto the album as a gift. 

InTheCloset
9 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Which of you f-words paid for this :ladyhaha:

How much do billboards cost? Specially in places like times square? How rich are these monsters?

Where's the spunk, Adam?

Donatellah
1 hour ago, MaybeKermit said:

why is it that hard to understand thay maybe because of this she just doesnt want to acknowledge that era anymore because it still hurts her and maybe she just cringes ?

then at least don't release lackluster merchandise and promote it if you're still feeling uncomfortable with that album?

i'd rather her not have done anything than remain silent but putting out one of her most uncreative and disappointing merchandises ever

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TortureMeOnReplay
2 hours ago, MaybeKermit said:

As artists we grow and grow continuously… especially someone like Gaga…

it’s clear that where she is right now nobody could’ve predicted her to be back during the ARTPOP days when she was preaching that EVERYTHING she stands for is Art+Music and she’d rather die than give that up.

she has become very private the recent years and even just seeing the glimpses we get from her it’s safe to say that she’s changed as a person AND as an artist.

Someone yesterday said that it’s not ohligated to acknowledge every anniversary, and that’s true? BTW is her magnum opus and she knows it too, rhats why they did the whole promo thing in 2021. But ARTPOP? Why?

someone just woke up one day and started saying that they’re expecting something for ARTPOP’s anniversary without Gaga never really acknowledging that album anymore during the last 10y lmao

she’ll never do what we expect from her so ONCE AGAIN: lower y’alls expectations even more

I feel like if Gaga cringed or was still hurt by the time during ARTPOP she wouldn't acknowledge it whatsoever. She doesn't perform it but it's probably her most mentioned album. "I don't remember ARTPOP" or "I love this album and I'm loving the attention it's getting on a petition". She almost never speaks about BTW the album or The Fame. The only other album she mentions nearly as much is Joanne and really that's been like a one off thing. 

And really I'd argue The Fame is her Magnum opus. One of her longest eras and what most people know her by following the self fulfilling prophecy of it's namesake. BTW has the titular song with a great message and Judas which almost canceled her. But if you go up to the GP and ask them what songs they associate with Lady Gaga 9/10 it's going to be a Fame song. Which itself was nearly paid dust during it's 10 year anniversary. 

Edited by TortureMeOnReplay

Agunimon
2 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

How much do billboards cost? Specially in places like times square? How rich are these monsters?

I think the average price of a billboard in Times Square is $7,000 for a day, but it depends on what billboard placement you are renting out.

• Shook 2

MaybeKermit
8 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

I feel like if Gaga cringed or was still hurt by the time during ARTPOP she wouldn't acknowledge it whatsoever. She doesn't perform it but it's probably her most mentioned album. "I don't remember ARTPOP" or "I love this album and I'm loving the attention it's getting on a petition". She almost never speaks about BTW the album or The Fame. The only other album she mentions nearly as much is Joanne and really that's been like a one off thing. 

And really I'd argue The Fame is her Magnum opus. One of her longest eras and what most people know her by following the self fulfilling prophecy of it's namesake. BTW has the titular song with a great message and Judas which almost canceled her. But if you go up to the GP and ask them what songs they associate with Lady Gaga 9/10 it's going to be a Fame song. Which itself was nearly paid dust during it's 10 year anniversary. 

She has said many times that to her BTW is what makes her an artist, and if she wants to be remembered for one thing it should be BTW album 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1