opinion

MANiCURE Video Discussion Thread (No leaks please)

27monster27

Featured Posts

I believe the script was based on the demo lyrics 

Get out, don't shout
I'm gonna have sexxx for sure
Get out, get out, don't shout
I need a man cure […]

I want expensive things including diamond rings
And travel overseas (goodbye!)
Have sexxx with celebrities (nice try)
Of the rich and pretty life (cha-ching!)
Make the money, lookin' right (bling, bling)
Of the rich and pretty life (oh, share)
Makin' bank as pop's wife (I quit)

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️
  • Shook 1

Agunimon
2 minutes ago, Rifek said:

I believe the script was based on the demo lyrics 

Get out, don't shout
I'm gonna have sexxx for sure
Get out, get out, don't shout
I need a man cure […]

I want expensive things including diamond rings
And travel overseas (goodbye!)
Have sexxx with celebrities (nice try)
Of the rich and pretty life (cha-ching!)
Make the money, lookin' right (bling, bling)
Of the rich and pretty life (oh, share)
Makin' bank as pop's wife (I quit)

These lyrics are terrible imo

• Like 2

rinasawachanta

I always thought the best thing that could have happened to Gaga in her career was that the DWUW music video was scrapped. Now I know that the best thing that could have happened is that this music video never saw the light of day. 

• Like 1

Hectodermo

I don’t find the relation between paparazzi, telephone and this story, Gaga and Beyonce ran away together why would they start the video without them together?

• Like 1

27monster27
9 minutes ago, Hectodermo said:

I don’t find the relation between paparazzi, telephone and this story, Gaga and Beyonce ran away together why would they start the video without them together?

Yeah this is the main problem I have with this as the continuation. I think they should have been shown showing up to the place Lady Gaga is at, and then maybe it fades into where the concept starts.

he/him/his

Agunimon
10 hours ago, Hectodermo said:

Beyoncé overheard the calls Gaga was making to Charlie Sheen and decided she didn’t want to deal with any of that so she took the girls and left. 

Edited by Agunimon
  • LMAO 3

7 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

I always thought the best thing that could have happened to Gaga in her career was that the DWUW music video was scrapped. Now I know that the best thing that could have happened is that this music video never saw the light of day. 

Really? I think DWUW with R Kelly and T Richardson would still be a million times more offensive and hurtful to her image considering what's suggested to happen in it too...

Edited by Patron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Joshie S

If you think about it, MANiCURE fits the trilogy in many ways.

1. First she is with a man who tries to kill her, so she comes back and kills him [Paparazzi]
2. She goes to jail for that murder, and when she gets out her and Beyonce go to a diner and commit a mass murder [Telephone]
3. After all of this, it's so iconic obviously the first thing the girls would do is go get a manicure, and talk about being cured by men, not to mention lyrics such as "Like a serial killer, man is a goner".. as she gives Charlie a lap dance and sings "heal me, cuz I'm addicted to love" :ladyhaha: Surrounded by a bunch of A list celebrities while the trap beats repeat MAN CURED? I believe it could've been a hit, in 2012.

The film would have been very iconic and I could only imagine what that would look like.. but it will forever be a mystery. 

I wonder if she'll ever choose to finally close the triology in a different way some day.. one can dream.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥
  • Like 1

Gorehound

Ugh some of you rly are lame. I personally don’t get the hate for this video concept at all. I think it's hilarious and fun af. And it doesn’t seem far removed from her other crazy shocking videos like Bad Romance and Telephone.

I think the video seems rly wild and wacky. Classic weird Gaga but more daring and shameless. And it seems way more in keeping with postmodernist art than her other ARTPOP videos. It would’ve all depended more on how well it was executed. How well it was stylised, filmed and edited, to avoid it being tacky.

ARTPOP was always meant to be shocking and rebellious and make the comfortable feel uncomfortable (swine vomit), and be a kind of trippy discussion/mockery of celebrity culture. If you miss crazy Gaga so much (like I do) then this is about as crazy as it gets.

Wow just think; If this was her video idea for MANiCURE, (a more vanilla song on ARTPOP), then I shudder to think what the video for Swine or Aura would’ve been! (:bradley: we lost).

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27monster27

Does anyone know who the woman in the "MAN☝CURE" photo is? I thought it was Lady Gaga at first, but she is clearly missing the Born This Way unicorn tattoo on her left thigh.

he/him/his