Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CEREMONY | artRATE: the ARTPOP rate

Cruelty

Featured Posts

Juliandante
Just now, Cruelty said:

artRATE%20thankyou.png

Lastly I just need to say thank you! It was really fun seeing how Gagadaily feels about this especially divisive album ten years on, & to get over 150 votes was amazing – this has been one of Gagadaily’s biggest megarates EVER! Special thanks to the people who left comments – they’re a brilliant historical record of how GGD felt about ARTPOP in 2023, & I’ll post the FULL version of everyone’s comments as my next post. & a massive thanks to Madeon for contributing a special message!

I hope you’ve enjoyed taking this trip down memory lane with me. & if you were here for the ceremony, thanks for sticking around!

Until the next time!
Cruelty :pawsup:

lady-gaga-artrave.gif

Thank you for everything you've done to make the biggest megarate ever happen! 💖💖

• Love 4

actually

this rate was like era

people had hopes, but it all went downhill

people who game applause 10s and 11s should be banned 

I Am a Joke
  • LMAO 7

Auralegends
2 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

artRATE%20thankyou.png

Lastly I just need to say thank you! It was really fun seeing how Gagadaily feels about this especially divisive album ten years on, & to get over 150 votes was amazing – this has been one of Gagadaily’s biggest megarates EVER! Special thanks to the people who left comments – they’re a brilliant historical record of how GGD felt about ARTPOP in 2023, & I’ll post the FULL version of everyone’s comments as my next post. & a massive thanks to Madeon for contributing a special message!

I hope you’ve enjoyed taking this trip down memory lane with me. & if you were here for the ceremony, thanks for sticking around!

Until the next time!

lady-gaga-artrave.gif

Thank you for putting in all the work to make this happen 

💗🔵💗

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

Overall I'm happy with the top 5!

I place Aura, MJH, Gypsy and MANiCURE higher but this album is amazing and you can't go wrong listening to any of the songs (aside of JnD :glamourpuss:)

• YAAAS 1

Ophelia

Amazing rate! Re-listening to ARTPOP for the rating and overall, this entire week, made me appreciate ARTPOP much more.

I must admit my ARTPOP spirit has kinda died down since the artRAVE, but this era was truly magical, it was filled with so many positive and negative emotions. And I'm reliving all of it right now, I am an emo teen again :messga: I feel like Gaga believed in ARTPOP's message from start to finish, but the circumstances didn't let the project show its true meaning. And she kinda got lost how to present it to the world too.

Still, ARTPOP forevaaaaaaaa

Lady Gaga Applause GIF

and once again thank you @Cruelty! you did an insane job <3

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • Love 3

Cruelty

Thank you so much, guys. I've had so much fun :kiss:

Deep breath everyone, here is the FULL version of everybody's comments. I think each & every comment is amazing, a historical record of how Gagadaily members felt about ARTPOP in 2023, & hopefully this will be useful to Gaga historians of the future! (@ChicaSkas I know you're mainly an audio archivist but this might be interesting to you? :kiss:) Thank you to everyone who sent in their thoughts :pawsup:

AURA

Spoiler

@Magic Mike demo version is better though

@Bronco I wish the breakdown was longer, I rate it higher now than I did in 2013

@Poltergeist An instant favorite. I’m rating the demo version, as I find it superior to the album one. I remember the day it saw the light of day, I was listening to the song non-stop for hours, one of my favorite choruses of all time!

@Lukasson So chaotic and so good

@ALittleMonsta aura is so **** but the fact that infected mushroom dont even like gaga and only gave it to her for the money and then cried about it like babies is such a turn off for me. but this is so good anyway! also burqaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@TheSine I left my vote in the trunk on highway 10.

@HeavyMetal Halcyon Such an unhinged opening. Love it. The instrumental just goes so hard

@Born This Way My favorite song on the album. I only wish the situation between Gaga and Infected Mushroom had gone better.

@Daenerys By far the greatest album opener in her entire discography (sorry Bad Romance)

@Werewolves Wanted Incredibly powerful song, the original vocals make this song a favorite for me.

@Onlygaga ONLY picking 7 because the non-demo vocals were… a choice 😅

@Ultimecia The choruses lose a bit of the song’s frantic momentum and sound a tad empty.

@The Z The vocals in the verse kinda ruin it for me. The demo is worth an 8

@Clarity One of the most experimental Gaga song !

@27monster27 A dazzling musical journey from start to finish. The song has such a unique meaning about revealing what exists underneath the veil of fame and a brand. This meaning is communicated through aggressive vocals over an equally aggressive instrumental, and then in the chorus with soaring vocals over entrancing synths.

@allanrocks This should be one of the best songs from ARTPOP. However, final production seems lazy, unfinished. Lady Gaga has such a wonderful voice, but her vocals here sound weird. The demo sounds so much better. This is my main issue with ARTPOP, as this also happens to most songs on the album. Still love it though.

@Head Empty Ambitious, agressive and powerful, but a little too rough around the edges in places where it doesn't need to be. The instrumental is one of the best in her discography. With the demo vocals, this would've been an easy 9 or 10.

@Juliandante I think it's a good song. It's a fierce song, with a strong instrumental. However, it´s not a song I would revisit, as I believe it's TOO strong to listen on a daily basis. You have to be in the mood to listen to it, and I'm not into it lately.

@ImMatt #JusticeForAuraDemo

@JazzGa The production is intense! One of her best instrumentals! But kinda soured by the fact that she bought it from Infected Mushroom and they talked sh*t about her. Needs a lyrical update.

@Gangie The leaked version hit harder than the one with the messy vocals.

@huttont When this leaked, I was blown away bc it was so crazy compared to any of her previous releases. Parts of the demo still > album version but such a wild song that encapsulates the album.

@Joshua81 Demo of course was way better

@Donatellah Her most experimental track, sonically. Very underrated.

@Bowman Would have been perfect if it was the demo version

@TwistedTeeth A strong start for one of Gaga's most adventurous albums; Aura is a totally infectious song that I play out LOUD. It fit perfectly for the big EDM phase in 2013 and still holds up to today's standards.

@Helxig Would’ve been 10 with the original ‘screamy’ vocals

@Auralegends The Vocals in the Chorus are the best part of the whole song

@whoresup Great album opener, love the production and clever lyrics. 

@Ioa99 Higher if it was the Burqa version

@dimitristhe A certified bob. I still can’t process the fact that this song is so catchy, unique and different than any other song Gaga ever released. Also, her angry vocals in the demo should have been kept. 

@TXNNXTUS Perfectly embodies the energetic, electric and crazy soul of ARTPOP

@Zeitgeist hearing this for the first time in 2013 was magical, the best choice for the album opener

@InTheCloset I dont hate this song but for some reason it makes me think of the desert and scorching hot sun but that said there are times when i dance my heart out to this gem

@Scarlet Bitch BEST ALBUM OPENER

@Smother Em Eh A very interesting song that only Gaga could do. The intro is the most intriguing part tho. 

@TMM90 Great album opener. Demo is better.

@sillynate I LOVE THE SOFT BURQA VOCALS IDC WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!! Honestly I love the Burqa demo too :ph34r:

@nodandsmile 5 only because of the great chorus

@Tobcho beat - YES! Lyrics - what? chorus - hmmkay. Feels a bit incomplete

@ARTGOD One of her hardest and most experimental bangers. The production makes my brain melt. There should be more songs like this in her discography.

@FinallyFree Not a 10/10, because I much prefer the aggressive vocals from the leaked version.

@Nite One of my favorite choruses, but I feel like it wouldn't have been very radio friendly as a single if it had ended up as the lead. Maybe with a different/shorter intro, but I love how experimental it feels vocal-wise

@bionic Demo version is better

@Gagaism The melodic and chaotic sounds works perfectly well and introduces exactly the vibes you’re about to experience with the album. It’s genius. 

@marrytheminogue I find this song so boring and tedious. Bit too noisy.

@Ivy One of her best song intros

@Ophelia Pre-ARTPOP times, hot summer day: I remember blasting the demo so damn loud, with windows open and on repeat. My entire neighborhood could hear it. It was something so new and different in comparison to BTW. 

VENUS

Spoiler

@Bronco The pre-chorus & chorus combo is the best on ARTPOP

@Poltergeist A timeless Gaga classic, disco, crazy, quirky. Screams ARTPOP!

@Lukasson Still my most favorite Gaga track to this day

@ALittleMonsta had so much potential if only it had proper visuals! the song feels much more authentic with her production credit, and i assume on most of the other songs she had told the producers to mess with the sound to her liking. i think if i remember that producers said gaga likes to take them out of their comfy zone, so yeahhh this is really beautiful she has a passion for love n sex

@Stephen This beat is just as crazy 10 years later

@HeavyMetal Halcyon Pure gay joy.

@Daenerys A whole self-produced song??? Yes, please!!

@Werewolves Wanted Such an incredibly addictive song. I used to play this song in the car and even my grandfather liked it and would sing along to the “VENUS!” parts

@Onlygaga This songs truly amazing, and the fact that Gaga produced it is so cute! 😭

@Ultimecia The bridge is the least interesting part of the song.

@27monster27 A camp pop production, and one that is chiefly produced by Lady Gaga herself! The vocals in particular are mesmerizing with >many< different takes being spliced over each other in the song.

@allanrocks Love the song, but the bridge is kinda cringy.

@Julien Lockhart The demo version is flawless and I think it's the superior version 

@Head Empty This song is camp perfection. The chorus is stellar, but to me the verses are the true stand-out. So hypnotic and groovy.

@Juliandante Although it's a perfect pop song, I'm not really into its bridge. Iconic, yes, but kinda interrupts the flow of the song.

@JazzGa ROCKET #9 TAKE OFF TO THE PLANET (to the planet) #PENUS If you don't appreciate the campy goofy glory of this song, then you just aren't a person I want to spend time around thank u!

@Gangie GaGa in her purest form

@huttont Favorite Gaga song on the album and in her entire discography. It’s a song that screams GAGA through and through. The vocals, the production, the layers. It’s everything I love and desire in a Gaga song. And the fact that it’s her first self produced.

@Joshua81 Never really liked this song. But I know this is the first song Gaga fully produced herself. So that's great 

@Bowman A highlight from ARTPOP but is far from her best work

@TwistedTeeth One of Lady Gaga's most adventurous songs, in my opinion. Still a total standout, you can't think of ARTPOP without Venus immediately coming to the forefront.

@Auralegends This song made me a Little Monster 10 years ago, so it will always have a special place in my heart. I also remember a live performance where she harmonaized the chorus in a higher key, loved it.

@whoresup When I listen to this it reminds me what a fun track this is. It doesn’t scream smash hit but it’s still good, especially when drunk. 

@dimitristhe A song that was born to be listened with earphones. A journey, an adventure, an eargasm, that’s how you can describe that song. 

@TXNNXTUS Gaga’s dedication to making Venus perfect makes it stand out

@Scarlet Bitch SUCH A SLAY

@Smother Em Eh I like the beat n stuff but find the song a little overhyped. 

@Mizu723 Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before.

@TMM90 Iconic, free and warm.

@sillynate Is this song about being in space, Roman mythology, or being a lesbian?? I can’t tell

@Tobcho iconic. What's with the production, though?

@ARTGOD This song is just so much fun and you can tell Gaga had fun making it too. The production is a bit messy but it’s so colorful and dynamic so it doesn’t matter. The only reason this doesn’t get a 10 is because the live version is usually better.

@Nite Still sad the music video never happened and now my brain keeps creating Sailor Moon-esque visuals to go with it when it plays

@bionic Really like the song but it is disjointed af

@Gagaism I love the fact she produced this one herself. 

@marrytheminogue This is what should have started ARTPOP

@Ivy I love the energy of this song, one of the best on the album, it so fun

@Ophelia Besides the cheesy bridge, its chorus is way to infectious to not get up and dance. Also, the Zombie Zombie sample? bone-breaking

G.U.Y.

Spoiler

@Poltergeist Deserved way more love than it got. The synths in the beginning and vocals in the bridge are everything. Also, the music video is one of my favorites in Gaga's videography!

@Lukasson I tend to forget how good that song is until I get to listen to it again.

@ALittleMonsta she might be the one getting the meat served but she will consume the meat in any way she wants! the song is very good and the music video is so talent worthy i wish it had more attention, it has great messages hidden! this music video made me feel things for gaga and the second chorus is so passionate

@HeavyMetal Halcyon We were robbed

@Born This Way G.U.Y. and Aura are the songs that give me the feeling of when Gaga called the album “My pain exploding in electronic music.”

@Werewolves Wanted Such a sexy song, the bridge is incredible.

@Onlygaga SOO good

@Ultimecia Lyrics are not my favorite. I believe this song could have been huge under the right circumstances – my Mom’s favorite Gaga songs are “Bad Romance” and “G.U.Y.”, pretty telling!

@27monster27 A very intense and very Lady Gaga song. The triple entendre of bottoming, feminism, and not needing to always be the most successful popstar are all very empowering. This combined with the usage of orchestral elements makes for an amazing and diverse song.

@allanrocks One of my favourite songs. One of her best videos. So underrated.

@Julien Lockhart That intro ? She was crazy

@Head Empty From the bridge onward it's stunning, but the rest is a little too generic and clunky for my taste. 

@Juliandante It's a good song, but not my favorite from the album.

@n1kos Best bridge ever!!!

@JazzGa Great witty lyrics, amazing over the top underrated music video. What a fashion feast that was! The Zedd production is a little overwrought IMO

@Gangie It’s a BOP!

@huttont Ironically, it deserved to top the charts.

@Joshua81 Meh

@Bowman Don't understand the hype with this song, but I think it's because i'm not keen on this style of EDM music, Zedd's work is quite meh and uninspiring. 

@TwistedTeeth Possibly one of the most whimsical songs from 2013. The Greek mythology, the sexual innuendos all tying in with Zedd's heavy EDM sound. G.U.Y is executed perfectly and every listen feels like I'm being transported to rave on Mount Olympus to have an orgy with Eros and Apollos.

@Auralegends Best song on the album, such a shame it didn't perform well on the radio.

@whoresup I think this is slightly overrated in the fanbase, I don’t think it is particularly original and just very Zedd 2013 EDM with any artist doing it. This wasn’t the right choice of single to turn the album campaign around. 

@dimitristhe Her most underrated single ever. It was born to be a hit and everyone slept on it. So f*cking catchy. I really love the production and the bridge is FIRE.

@TXNNXTUS A perfect mix with Pop, and a touch with the EDM scene from Zedd

@Zeitgeist the music video is so underrated

@Scarlet Bitch Horny Anthem

@sillynate I’ve noticed that ever since El*n bought bird app, it’s now called “reposting” and not “retweeting” anymore. Rip retweeting 2006-2023 

@Tobcho sleek, sexy, a grower. Gets the job done. Disliked in 2013 - it came across as basic, too Britney somehow. And does the chorus even have a melody? However, 10 years down the line, it has become a fave. 

@ARTGOD This is pop perfection. I didn’t love this song at first but through the years it’s only grown on me. The lyrics are so fun, the production is so thick and aggressive, and the melodies are otherworldly.

@FinallyFree The intro is SO FCKN ICONIC

@Nite This was that song that was a skip for me for a really long time and I don't even recall why. Then it came on during some random playlist and I realized how much I liked the bridge

@bionic One of the best on the album but overproduced

@Gagaism Loved it since day one. 

@marrytheminogue One of the best

@Ophelia So loud and so goooood. The wordplay is weird and very ARTPOP, but I think we all got used to it.

SEXXX DREAMS

Spoiler

@Bronco Should have been a single

@Poltergeist Tbh it's just perfect, it has always been high in my ratings, but last years it's the ARTPOP song I listen to most often, and that's my 11!

@Lukasson One highlight of the album. 

@ALittleMonsta this song is so sexy and its giving the second part of poker face its just nasty and sexy and wrong in such a polished edm way wish it was a single like gaga wanted it to be

@HeavyMetal Halcyon Should have been the lead single…

@Born This Way I prefer the Swinefest version that has a little less going on.

@Onlygaga Should have been the lead single!!

@Ultimecia A track often overlooked, but absolutely flawless. The silent killer!

@27monster27 A seductive R&B meets EDM song. Lady Gaga sings and talks back and forth about fantasies (with the roles reversing), and in the chorus this joins into one massive declaration of someone appearing in a Sexxx dream.

@allanrocks This song has so much potential. Again, the demo/iTunes festival version are way superior. Replacing the iconic bridge was a big letdown.

@Julien Lockhart The first fan favorite back in the Swine Fest era

@Juliandante Really good song, to which I didn't conect until just last year. 

@n1kos Too many lyrics, i would prefer the iTunes’s version, it would be 10 for sure!

@ImMatt It’s grown on me the most. A song I never particularly loved in 2013 now has me wishing it was a single.

@JazzGa Looooove this song. Bi anthem tbh. Such a unique delivery style, with 2 different voices and 2 perspectives, like Gaga is duetting with herself. It would have been cool to get a seggsy bi female singer or actor to feature on this one. Like imagine K-Stew doing the smoky spoken word parts, that would be so hawt 

@Gangie They should’ve left the original iTunes fest bridge

@huttont Ugh it still deserves a music video feat Rihanna. The iTunes festival performance changed me

@Joshua81 One of the few better ARTPOP tracks

@Kandy life Love this one. It's one of the sexiest and dirties songs. It's the "I like you and won't hold back anymore" kind of song. 

@Bowman One of my favourites from ARTPOP, screams pure Gaga to me

@TwistedTeeth Personally one my favorite songs off of ARTPOP. The sound is majestic and the story Gaga tells here is so incredibly intimate. It's that raunchy fantasy between two friends breaking their own boundaries and giving into their hedonistic desires. It is. So. Good.

@Auralegends Love the singing and spoken word in between. Also the pre-chorus and the chreo for it are fun.

@whoresup Love the 80s vibe especially the chorus. It’s not particularly memorable, fun but not memorable. 

@dimitristhe Is a 10 but the demo is a 20. Still a fire track that deserved more. The verses are some of Gaga’s best and her lyricism is top notch here. 

@TXNNXTUS Synths are perfect for the general vibe of the song

@Scarlet Bitch Dirty Ass Song. Love it

@Smother Em Eh One of the best songs on the album for sure. Always been a fav of mine!

@Tobcho Conceptually and lyrically on point; sonically on the bland side. 

@ARTGOD Another huge grower. I didn’t like the Swinefest version of it but the album version won me over and I’ll always defend it. The song is high concept but also approachable. The production served deconstructed disco before all the other girls were doing it.

@FinallyFree This one is top 10 in her discography. Wish they kept the old bridge tho…

@Nite I love how everyone has their own interpretation of this. The itunes festival rehearsal teaser is imprinted in my brain 

@Gagaism Even though I like the ITunes performance demo version better, the chorus on this one alone won HARD!

@marrytheminogue No comments - it’s so lush but still got that ARTPOP edge

@Ophelia Sexy, but not enough. Could be sleazier, it misses depth in sound. I GAGGED when I heard "I can't believe I'm telling..." for the first time, but who didn't?

JEWELS N' DRUGS

Spoiler

@Poltergeist I enjoyed it at first, cause I was in my rap phase. And while I still enjoy some good female rap songs, I only listen to JND when listening to the album as whole.

@Lukasson I deny any statement.

@ALittleMonsta GO ASK GAGA. GAGA. GAGA. GAGA.

@TheSine A lot of people dislike the song, but it’s not bad when you’re in the right mood. If this was blasting in a club full of neon lights, I’d definitely start feeling it.

@HIMe Her worst song ever

@Werewolves Wanted I don’t care that this song is hated, it’s a really good one in my opinion. Love the killer family vibes she goes for lyrically.

@Onlygaga Monsters are waaay too harsh on this song. It’s definitely experimental for Gaga at the time, but it’s still catchy!

@Ultimecia DJWS went nuts on this one, and I love every dizzying second of it!

@Clarity I hate this song

@27monster27 Lady Gaga unexpectedly ventures in the world of having rap features. The song has an expertly crafted instrumental, though some of the verses do get to be a bit of a drag. While not entirely my cup of tea, it still is an interesting venture.

@allanrocks I’m not a big fan of the song, but her vocals are amazing here.

@Julien Lockhart Clearly underrated

@Juliandante I wouldn't say it's a bad song. Just not my cup of tea. I feel it would go against the message of ARTPOP to say "This is bad!". ARTPOP is about the diversity in pop, and Rap/HipHop is not exception. It's just that I don't like it. I think the first chorus is better than the last one, and that always irked me.

@ImMatt The main problem is the song doesn't have a proper chorus. The featured artists were poor choices and they don't add much. It's not a bad song though.

@JazzGa Not a fan of this one. The hook is so goofy it's throwaway, the rappers she "picked" (I mean DJWS picked for her) are totally random and TI is a problematic gross misogynist. She should have done her research for this one. 

@Gangie Interesting. Doesn’t deserve the hate it gets

@huttont Still a bop even if it has too many features.

@Joshua81 Huge mess. I only listened to this once maybe.

@Kandy life Very underrated, this song is dope.

@Bowman Ummmm next

@TwistedTeeth A song that I personally think gets a lot of flack for no reason. Yes, it's a departure from Gaga's usual sound, but that's what the essence of ARTPOP is about. It's a fun song and DJ White Shadow breaks this song up in sections that keep it exciting. That said, I prefer the live version that was played during ArtRAVE. This song is definitely MEANT to be heard live.

@Auralegends It’s OK

@whoresup Disaster, enough said. 

@dimitristhe A bop, but quite mediocre compared to anything else Gaga released. Props to DJWS for the production, because he killed it here.

@TXNNXTUS Incredibly underrated

@Zeitgeist one of the few gaga songs I skip

@Scarlet Bitch dirty

@Smother Em Eh Not as bad as y’all say. It has a killer beat and the rappers verses are pretty great. 

@sillynate Very underrated. One of the few times we’ve heard Gaga “rap”

@Tobcho why

@ARTGOD This song slaps, the girls who get it get it. It’s not perfect but for an electronic trap song by Lady Gaga it’s as good as you can hope for. Production absolutely carries it though.

@FinallyFree Fun…

@Nite I actually kind of like Gaga's parts vocally, but rap just isn't something I listen to. No idea whether the song is actually good or bad, just that it's not my cup of tea

@bionic Garbagé

@Gagaism I can jam with her and I like the fact she was brave enough to put this one out to be very honest. 

@marrytheminogue I would give it a -10 if I could

@Ivy A rare Gaga skip for me

@Ophelia Amazing instrumental by the one and only! The rest of it is not my thing, but I respect it - could you imagine ARTPOP without not a single rap-inspired track? with all of the Kendrick/Azealia/Cake teasing?

MANICURE

Spoiler

@Bronco I adore the rock influence on this

@Poltergeist Cute, but missing something, quite bland.

@Lukasson My favourite from itunes festival. Sadly the superior version didn’t make it on the album in the end.

@ALittleMonsta men cure many gagadaily cult members this is an anthem for men jerkers

@HeavyMetal Halcyon Amazing, but loved the demo drop. Wish it was included

@Born This Way It’s taken me 10 years to warm up to MANiCURE.

@Onlygaga Love the chorus, but overall the song seems like a filler!

@Ultimecia A track that lost some of its raw quality and depth with its studio version.

@27monster27 A pounding and aggressive pop rock song. Lady Gaga shows that she is unlike other pop stars in that she likes to have a brand and team of people that make her up. Through this, she pleads for help from her addiction to the fame, though she doesn't necessarily denounce it either. The song ends with an unexpected trap and guitar breakdown that sells this as an amazing piece of pop music.

@allanrocks Again, the demo/iTunes festival version sounds way better than the final version.

@Julien Lockhart A great song and all of the versions are great

@Juliandante The best song from this album. Fun, catchy, a pure pop melody that makes me wanna sing along instantly.

@ImMatt Changing the chorus was a bad idea...Heeeeeaaaal Me was such a great chorus

@Alfonso A rock pop bop

@JazzGa This is what I want from Rock-Ga! Singalong, femme, Debbie Harry/Cyndi Lauper energy

@Gangie I like the old vocals more

@huttont Need more of this sound from Gaga. Every version of this song slays

@Joshua81 Prob my favourite off ARTPOP. I wished the extended outro in the G.U.Y mv credits was on the actual record.

@Bowman Again I preferred the Demo version, I haven't listened to this in so long, it's okay!

@TwistedTeeth I'll be blunt with this one, it's not my favorite! There are areas of this I do enjoy though, campy-ness definitely oozes off this song and the beat is without a doubt catchy. However, it just doesn't give me the energy that I care for.

@Auralegends This song gets repetitive after a while. Vocals in the bridge are nice.

@whoresup Much preferred the iTunes festival version of this, the finished version was a bit dull in comparison. Feels very basic in all honesty. 

@dimitristhe I never understood the hype with this one. Kinda bland and forgettable. 

@TXNNXTUS Electric guitar makes this song unique from the rest

@Zeitgeist other than the outro, the song is kinda boring

@Scarlet Bitch ANOTHER SLAY MOMENT

@Smother Em Eh Sounds like an Applause 2.0. It’s very energetic and makes you wanna dance 

@sillynate Swinefest demo reigns supreme

@Tobcho she has got verve and nerve. ballsy concept as it's so silly it shouldn't work but we buy it anyway!

@ARTGOD Really fun mix of pop, EDM, rock and a little bit of trap. Everything just gels together. The ending is an album highlight.

@Nite The growling gets me every time, it's one of those songs I wish she'd perform again some day. I was obsessed with the itunes festival one ugh

@Gagaism I used to like this song more when it was released. It’s still good, its Muppets performance is just fire! 

@marrytheminogue She’s a cute little bop

@Ivy Underrated bop!

@Ophelia Used to be one of my favs, I still love the breakdown during the end. Could be a bit more rock n roll and a bit less cheerleader.

DO WHAT U WANT

Spoiler

@Bronco Feels out of place on ARTPOP to me personally, lacks the same level of maximalist EDM that I love the album for.

@Poltergeist One of the fan favorites, that isn't my personal fav. It's good, but it's never been amazing to me. Bridge slaps though (especially live at Alan Carr's!)

@Lukasson Never understood what’s good about that song.

@ALittleMonsta its kinda overrated imma be honest and i dont like r kelly and it was apart of the messy things of the ARTPOP era and it had great potential but i get why many people cant stop listening to it

@HeavyMetal Halcyon We were robbed

@Born This Way I’m rating this as the solo version. It’s such a personal account of her touring the Born This Way Ball, I like the song just being her.

@Onlygaga Only giving it a 9 bc of r. k*lly

@Ultimecia Would have been a 10 if she had kept it solo, without all of the baggage the song now has.

@The Z ft. R K**** is an 11. Cristina is a 3.

@27monster27 Another (and rather controversial) R&B feature on the album. Even in solo form, the song still empowers through a sense of strength. Lady Gaga reminds the press that no matter what they say about her body, they will never have her heart or mind. Lady Gaga reinforces this statement with some of her fiercest career vocals ever.

@allanrocks One of my favourite songs from her entire career. Such a shame R. Kelly was featured here. The Xtina version doesn’t do much for me.

@Riley Such a shame the history of this song, was always my favorite song from the album! DWUW Solo Version is fabulous and Christina Remix was an incredible mini era itself!!! Justice for DWUW 

@Julien Lockhart Always preferred the solo version

@Head Empty Solo version is a stand-out in her discography. Perfect in many ways, but sadly tainted by the way it was created.

@Juliandante Despite the controversy, this is a really good pop song that, one can't deny, introduced a new kind of sound into the pop landscape. 

@ImMatt Music critic Jason Lipshutz once said he wished Miguel had sung R Kelly's verse. I guarantee if he had, Gaga would still perform it today as his verse is actually good. Sadly, one of Gaga's best ever songs ruined by the R Kelly scandal.

@Alfonso Pop perfection; one of her best songs

@JazzGa This song is soooo goooooood despite R Kelly doing his best to ruin it. His verse is so dumb. Even if R Kelly didn't sing it, it has nothing to do with the meaning of the rest of the song and the melody is so lazy and is literally 2 notes. Ugh, why do you have to be here Robert << Again I blame DJWS and misogynist dudes in the studio being like "but we need hip hop man featurez to be cool!!"

@Gangie Bop above bops. One of her best songs. They should've stayed with the solo version for the album. Too bad the whole song got cancelled

@huttont I love this song but I have never felt the same way about it since she deleted it from streaming. Still listen to solo and Christina versions on occasion. But I can’t listen to it the same way without getting sad.

@Joshua81 Great tap into R&B

@Kandy life Despite the controversy, this is one of the greatest songs she's released.

@Bowman The one with Xtina SLAPS

@TwistedTeeth A song clouded with controversy. This song would've been absolutely perfect if R. Kelly hadn't touched it. Do What U Want has a classy and fresh sound, you can play it on repeat and doesn't get old. You couldn't tell me that Gaga and Xtina didn't hit it out of the park when they performed this together. However, the songs message is most impactful when it's Gaga by herself.

@Helxig 10 if it's the solo or Xtina version. 7 if it's the R Kelly version. Right from the first listen I felt his verse tarnished the meaning of the song. Her verse about her bones hurting but giving her body to her fans was 1000x better

@Auralegends Great song, such a shame of the controversy. ARTPOP's biggest commercial song.

@whoresup Apart from the obvious it was a great song and a nice step into RnB pop for Gaga. 

@dimitristhe That song is a dream and a nightmare at the same time. Gaga managed to destroy such a perfect song with the worst decision of her whole career. But, if I have to rate that song without its history is a perfect 10. It’s so beautifully produced and well written.

@TXNNXTUS More toned down from the rest of the album, in my personal opinion

@Zeitgeist one of her best songs, if only certain ppl didnt ruin it

@Scarlet Bitch 10 for the solo version only

@Smother Em Eh R.I.P An Amazing song 

@sillynate Robert version is ok but solo version really is the best

@Tobcho never got the thrill from it

@ARTGOD This is one of Gaga’s best singles, let’s be honest, It doesn’t matter which version. I prefer the Xtina remix even though I know it’s an unpopular opinion. The lack of the PDF File and the feminist undertones elevate it.

@Nite I think this could've done SO well if she'd done it with someone else or solo

@Gagaism One of her best songs no doubt. 

@marrytheminogue Am I bad for giving this a 10? :/

@Ivy It’s okay I think overrated a bit

@Ophelia Hypnotic, its instrumentals go just as hard as Bad Romance's. Just delete R Kiddy from it

ARTPOP

Spoiler

@Bronco Giving the instrumental an unofficial 11 ngl – the lyrics are a little gimmicky at times though

@Poltergeist Hypnotizing, dreamy, trippy pop perfection!

@ALittleMonsta its a cute description of what ARTPOP means

@TheSine One of the favorites off the album. This is what ARTPOP as a whole sounds to me. Extraterrestrial, odd and beautiful.

@Born This Way It’s so close to perfect, I just wish the instrumental hit a tiny bit harder.

@Onlygaga Probably the greatest songs of alllll time

@Ultimecia Immaculate, entrancing. My favorite song on the record and one of my favorite Gaga song of all time.

@27monster27 Over a dreamy disco-influenced instrumental, Lady Gaga takes camp to a new level with this song. Instead of just saying that she wants ART and POP to come together, she makes them have a conversation with each other where they discuss how they will complement each other.

@allanrocks Again, the demo/iTunes festival version sounds way better than the final version.

@Julien Lockhart One of her best song ever

@Head Empty There's no song like this, and no other artist could've pulled this off. I'll get some of these lyrics tattooed some day.

@Juliandante Another good song. However, due to many reasons (one of them being that English isn't my first language), it's not a song I can relate to, lyrically. To be honest, this is not something I care about when I chose whether to like or dislike a song, but, since we have to rate these songs, I think the relatability of the songs is a matter I can take into consideration.

@ImMatt "Lovers kites are flown on beaches for public sight" is the best line on the album

@JazzGa Awesome production! So dreamy and complex without being overwhelming or bashing me in the ears. Looooove the disco strings, a perfect pop use of them. 

@Gangie An anthem

@huttont I wish we had more songs that sound similar to this on the album. None of the album is a skip for me but I don’t find myself going out of my way to listen to it for some reason

@Joshua81 Meh. Just love the huge wig she'll wear when performing this.

@Bowman Just sooo good, the whole album should have been like this. What a shame. 

@TwistedTeeth Powerfully written and the production feels so majestic. It really feels like Gaga is pulling us into a universe that's covered in mystery, but we make it into what we want it to be. Our ARTPOP could mean anything!

@Auralegends Not always in the mood to listen to this song, though I like the lyrics.

@whoresup Love the hypnotic relaxed vibe of this one. From the moment it was performed at iTunes festival in the seashell bikini I loved it. It’s beautiful and low-key but one of my faves on this album. 

@dimitristhe I really like the instrumental and her “hee hee”, her most dreamy and euphoric track.

@TXNNXTUS Experimental Gaga at its finest

@InTheCloset lets be honest its an 11

@Scarlet Bitch cultural reset.

@Smother Em Eh I wish she would do more songs like this. It’s hypnotizing. 

@TMM90 Ethereal life mantra

@sillynate Did anyone else catch the references to this one in Alice??

@Tobcho a gorgeous synergy of conceptual lyricism and melody. Could've gone harder, though.

@ARTGOD An amazing droning beat with lots of atmosphere, some of Gaga’s best lyrics. I feel like I’m being transported to the ARTPOP dimension. The only reason this doesn’t get a 10 is because the lack of hee hee’s. Yes, I’m still mad about it.

@Nirvana Song's etherial, mystical and hypnotic, lyrics are pure poetry. Love it! 

@Gagaism Love the psychedelic aspect of it.

@marrytheminogue This really sets the scene for the album and should be higher on the tracklist

@Ivy Ethereal, top tier Gaga song

@Ophelia It's goregous and I love the lyrics, but kinda it suffers from the same issue as Sexxx - not enough depth, experimentation and ARTPOP.

@CatelynnMarie i have SO many memories from this song. it is one of the most ethereal, dreamy, wonderful songs. from swine fest to artRAVE. this song just HITS in a very particular way and puts me in a state of mind that i never want to leave from. my 11. 

SWINE

Spoiler

@Bronco Best ARTDROP

@Poltergeist This is meant to be played LOUD. Sometimes it feels like it's too long, still love it though.

@Lukasson It didn‘t age very well but was nice to have back then.

@ALittleMonsta this is a rage song about what gaga has gone through with her body and how she felt about it. this song is about morality, and rape, and the performance was one of the higlights of the era, and when it was brought back to life like a year ago by twitter conservatives, it was truly a highlight. shouldve been a single like gaga wished for it to be, i used to whip my hair crazy to this

@TheSine Another one of my absolute favorites. It lets you vent out my frustrations.

@Werewolves Wanted F*ck you pop music! This is ARTPOP!

@Onlygaga Love the intensity of this song, perfect way to express how she felt!

@Ultimecia F*** YOU POP MUSIC. THIS IS ARTPOP!

@27monster27 Lady Gaga fiercely recounts her trauma through this rave and stadium ready industrial/dubstep banger. Lady Gaga does her most aggressive career vocals in this song to enhance her emotions.

@allanrocks This song makes me feel uncomfortable. Is it good? I don’t know.

@Julien Lockhart the song is sick on a live performance but the studio one is meh

@Juliandante Not my cup of tea, sonically.

@ImMatt A mixed bag, parts of the production are INCREDIBLE, but the drop (when it eventually arrives) is very dated now 

@JazzGa Don't really like the faux-industrial vibes of this one. But this song is important. This is a WAY more empowering way to talk about sexual assault than the coded and semi-glamorized lyrics of Monster. 

@Gangie Certified bop!

@HookerOnAChurch One of the most underrated songs in Gaga's whole career

@huttont Her vocals are amazing but the song hurts my head so I don’t listen to often

@Joshua81 The worst Gaga song ever in my opinion

@Bowman Its fun it's weird but its Gaga

@TwistedTeeth The best words that I can use to describe Swine's production is that it's very raw and grungy. It's one of the most unique dubstep/ EDM tracks I've ever heard, this would be perfect to play at a rave and dance to, but certainly one of Gaga's more dark songs.

@Helxig I did prefer the buildup in the Swinefest version. I think it sounded better with the drums, more chaotic, and the buildup feels a little too long in the album version

@Auralegends Great screaming song

@whoresup Crazy aggressive production and it really feels like she released a lot of pain with this one. You can feel it not only in the lyrics but the production too which is a complete rejection of the pop song formula especially with THAT really long build and drop. I feel it deserves praise just for that alone.

@dimitristhe Who can resist to angry Gaga with hard beats? A club banger! 

@TXNNXTUS Gaga perfectly captures the anger from the meaning of the song

@Scarlet Bitch Strong song. Strong message

@Smother Em Eh Have to be in the mood but I LOVE the wild and rage like energy and tone of the song. 

@sillynate 🐖

@Tobcho ecstatic and cathartic. Almost perfect. 

@ARTGOD You want your brain melted?. Another experimental hard hitting banger with funny but also painful lyrics. The production is fantastic, and the way the beat drops is absolutely genius.

@Gagaism Not one of my favorites but I appreciate the heaviness of its beat.

@marrytheminogue It’s chaotic but in the way we want it to be for ARTPOP

@Ivy It grew on me over time and became one of my favorite of the album

@Ophelia A Must-witness live. 

DONATELLA

Spoiler

@Bronco This is definitely a guilty fave – the chorus is brilliant gym music

@Poltergeist Super fun and catchy, quirky and iconic.

@ALittleMonsta a song about unapologetically being that bitch, shes a fashionista. a little bit of criticizing the fashion and beauty industry and we love that. this form me got my typing attitude very gay

@TheSine Learned what a black card was from this song.

@HIMe The last minute is a career highlight.

@Onlygaga A BANGER

@Ultimecia NASTY beat. With two choruses stacked one on top of the other, this is pure madness – this is ARTPOP!

@27monster27 An underrated appreciation for fashion and mockery of the press. This song is The Fame meets Zedds EDM style. Lady Gaga gives her dedication to fashion while also making fun of how the media sees her, among other things.

@allanrocks It has such iconic lines. But the chorus is annoyingly bad. 

@Julien Lockhart GAY

@Juliandante I think this is a fun song, but I was never a fan of it.

@ImMatt Sorry...I hate this song.

@JazzGa Another ironic peak camp silly eleganza! The lyrics remind me of the Fame in that they are celebrating materialist/fashion culture but also kinda poking fun of it at the same time.

@Gangie One of the best produced and mastered songs she’s ever put out

@huttont So fun and campy. Artrave made me into a fan 

@Joshua81 Meh

@Bowman A fun bop 

@TwistedTeeth Another hedonistic song on ARTPOP! This time paying homage to a very notable fashion icon. It's like Sexxx Dreams more vain sister who spends all her time at the vanity rather than in her boyfriend's bed.

@Helxig Love this song to pieces but a couple of lyrics could've been slightly less cheesy (I get that it's campy and satirical, don't come for m, I still gave it 9)

@Auralegends I really like the second part of the chorus. "Cuz she walks so bad, like it feels so good..."

@whoresup Rarely go back to it, I guess it was meant to be a bit of a commentary on pop culture and body image but I think it is actually quite a dull song. 

@dimitristhe If the “Yas, Gaga. You slay mama” gays ever made a song, this would be the end product. So sassy, yas!

@TXNNXTUS A little strange going from the rage drenched Swine to a song about Donatella 

@Zeitgeist ITS CAMP I like it idc

@Scarlet Bitch so gay

@sillynate I recently noticed this song has a little star next to it on Apple Music. Turns out that means it’s one of the top streamed on the album. Missed single opportunity? I think yes.

@Tobcho finally a beat that slaps after the lull of the last 5 songs. I don't mind the lyrics either.

@ARTGOD A good EDM banger with tight production and a banging chorus. I like the sentiment and the lyrics too. My problem with it is that in the context of the album it feels a bit generic and like it doesn’t go far enough.

@FinallyFree Gets an 8/10 because of the iconic lyrics.

@Gagaism I love it!

@marrytheminogue Same as above.

@Ivy A little harsh sounding, sometimes a skip but still fun

@Ophelia Not my fav, a filler in my book. Still goes hard.

FASHION!

Spoiler

@Bronco This feels dated af

@Poltergeist I hate myself 10 years ago for hating on this one. A beautiful gem, the bridge is everything, both vocal and instrumental wise.

@ALittleMonsta i think this really fits ARTPOP! but i expect a song about fashion to be much more major

@Stephen Aged like fine wine. It’s timeless actually! The last minute is euphoria.

@HIMe The original (by RedOne) is infinitely better

@Onlygaga Possibly my fave out of all of her discography!

@Ultimecia The least bombastic song on the album, very pleasant nonetheless.

@27monster27 Another underrated song. Fashion! reminds everyone of Lady Gagas (arguably) most well known love, fashion. In the disco-infused song, she views fashion as its own performance and show cases it in an epic way. Rather than just talk about runways, she envisions a world on Mars where all fashion is just as exquisite as what she has to offer.

@allanrocks One of the top songs in the album for me. Very well produced. I wish she would officially release the version featuring RuPaul.

@Head Empty Would've been miles better if Will.I.Am wasn't on it.

@Juliandante Just like with Sexxx Dreams, I found myself listening to this songs many years after its official release. It's a really fun song, with a trendy instrumental, in a good way, of course. I believe this could be re-released today, and people wouldn't guess it had been released almost 10 years ago. That happens when you release something trendy, but in a timeless way.

@ImMatt A perfect mid-tempo groove for the latter part of the record. I'd love to know more how David Guetta got involved as I always understood it was Gaga and will.i am's song.

@JazzGa One time I heard a reporter describe Gaga's vocals on Fashion! and Applause as "vampire David Bowie vocals" and I feel like that is so accurate and a very flattering comparison! Who wouldn't want to be/be ****ed by a vampire David Bowie, right?

@Gangie Chill

@huttont My most skipped ARTPOP track. I only really the bridge to the end.

@Joshua81 Love the Bowie Let's Dance sample

@Bowman Another favourite from the album, i like the disco feel about it 

@TwistedTeeth I love how experimental the production is on this song. Everything about it just exudes positivity and elegance. It's empowering and inspires you to feel good about yourself no matter what you're wearing. It's just extravagant!

@Auralegends Basic, except or the bridge which is the best part.

@jackjackjackjack13 Don't get me wrong, the song is good but I would've expected something HUGE when I heard that will.i.am are one of the collaborators on this track (I mean, Scream & Shout was a hit then and I was expecting something like that) and then I get to hear this track and was like "Whaaaaa..."

@whoresup The sheer campiness of this song makes it enjoyable for me. Will.I.Am with Gaga should have been a nightmare but this is okay. So much more personality and fun compared to Donatella. 

@dimitristhe That’s cute, nothing else. Oh, almost forgot that this song has her longest note ever. Weird right?

@TXNNXTUS Incredible anthem for fashion

@Zeitgeist WE OWN THE WORLD I OWN THE WORLD 🗣️🗣️🗣️

@Scarlet Bitchso gay

@Smother Em Eh Underrated tbh! That piano intro, her opera like vocals and that bridge breakdown. What an amazing song! 

@sillynate The duality 10 & 11 have is immaculate 

@Tobcho Not any worse or any better than the rest of the mediocre production. It copies a bit too closely Fergie's Fashion, though. The RuPaul performance with the condom insinuation gives it +5 points. 

@ARTGOD FASHION!.

@FinallyFree Sweet bop

@Nirvana Looking good and feeling fine... Finding confort in things like fashion when everything else in life is falling apart. 

@Gagaism Ironically one of the best songs ever produced by Will.I.Am. 

@marrytheminogue Quite forgettable

@Ophelia Yes, it could be better without Will i Am, but I adore her vocals (THE RUNNN) and lyrics way too much. I feel alive when I transform.

MARY JANE HOLLAND

Spoiler

@Poltergeist Poppy and chill at the same time, I really enjoy her vocals here, especially that rockish moment during the bridge!

@Lukasson It‘s a skip. 

@ALittleMonsta better than the demo version of the other artist totally. this song truly reflects on gagas drug addiction. some girls titties can get to work, up and down touch the celling touch the ground with this song

@Born This Way I don’t even like smoking weed but MJH is an iconic Gaga song for me.

@Werewolves Wanted These abnormalities are corrupting the minds and the hearts of our children…

@Onlygaga This is definitely my favorite on the album! I have a MJH tattoo!

@Ultimecia The song loses steam (hah!) with its post-choruses.

@27monster27 Not just a song about Mary Jane, Lady Gaga reveals that she enjoyed flying under that radar and avoiding celebrity life while high in Amsterdam. The alter-ego "Mary Jane Holland" sings over aggressive and all-encompassing synths.

@allanrocks I like the song overall, but the post-chorus and bridge sound so cringy to me.

@Julien Lockhart Another highlight gosh, all the demos are wonderful

@Head Empty I am 100% biased because I'm Dutch, but her bringing this song back for ArtRave in Amsterdam was one of my favorite memories. It's the perfect balance of camp, grit and pop.

@Juliandante This used to be one of my favourites from this album when it was released.

@ImMatt It's a great song, vocals perfect. Over the top, camp, dramatic...everything it should be. Shame she doesn't perform it now and again today.

@JazzGa The bridge is so OTT. It's so much fun to belt at the top of your lungs with no one else around lol. Kinda has Heavy Metal Lover energy

@huttont Part of my ARTPOP trifecta. I love the demos and the layered vocals. An instant favorite

@Joshua81 Too psychedelic, kills my brain cells

@Bowman A really unique and cool song but it's kinda aged like milk, as I've got older I kinda cringe when I listen to it, it used to be my fav from ARTPOP

@TwistedTeeth Like a glass of port wine, Mary Jane Holland only gets better year after year.

@Helxig Still gave it a 10 but I really liked the extra vocals in the demo. The higher pitched "I think that I could be fine.. I think weed have a good time"

@Auralegends Again, gets repetitive over time

@whoresup Love the thumping beats and hard production. One of my faves when the album came out but I do listen to it still now. My fave part is the bridge where she sings ‘I am rich as piss’.

@Ioa99 The demo verses were SO MUCH better

@dimitristhe I can’t describe how much I love this song. Props to anyone who made that instrumental, cause is one of Gaga’s best. 

@TXNNXTUS I feel the synths, and the vocals give the listener a sense of being under the influence, and makes it feel like your truly getting high with Gaga

@Scarlet Bitch Drug dealer anthem

@Smother Em Eh A perfect EDM song

@sillynate That one stem edit/demo is so so so good (I find myself saying this a lot with this album) brb finna roll up 

@Tobcho Ah if only the production wasn't annoying this could be it for me. High concept, executed with imagination and carried with equal parts humor and emotion. 

@ARTGOD The biggest grower for me, I went from not caring about this song at all to loving it. Love the wordplay, the vocals, the rock inspired instrumental, everything about it.

@FinallyFree YAS!

@Gagaism I live for the trippy vibes.

@marrytheminogue Also quite forgettable. Never understood the hypocrisy of following this was Dope

@Ivy The bridge is amazing

@Ophelia When it came out, I remember everyone loved it but I was like "I HATE MJH IT'S TOO NOISY AND I CAN'T HEAR HER VOICE". I was dragged, as I should. Idk how it happened, I literally still use the same headphones and now I can hear her voice and I can ACTUALLY HEAR GOD. Euphoric and so fun, I love the "Dope vocals" on it. Reminds me of BTW.

DOPE

Spoiler

@Bronco This song doesn’t deserve the hate it gets – but I Wanna Be With You is the ultimate act of heresy

@Poltergeist I'd enjoy it way more if we didn't hear I Wanna Be With U first. It's nice to have a slower moment on such an intense album, but ever since the HQ demo has leaked, I don't listen to this one anymore.

@ALittleMonsta very sad song and superior to iwbwy because its more authentic to gaga at that time. she was in a very bad state and we can see some of that in this song and in the performance of it at the youtube awards. i wont lie iwbwy can be boppier but thats not the point of dope, dope is gaga pleading and showing raw emotion and expressing her issues with drug addiction.

@Stephen Vastly superior to IWBWY in its depth, honesty and vocal expression. Some of the most vulnerable lyrics she has ever released.

@Born This Way I Wanna Be With You was ROBBED!

@Daenerys I get this one means something to Gaga, but it’s a total vibe killer

@Onlygaga Such a beautiful song! I still feel like IWBYU was more personal, though!

@Ultimecia Powerful yet so raw and vulnerable – one of Gaga’s best vocal performances. Deep, heart-wrenching lyrics, unlike IWBWY’s corny lyrics.

@27monster27 In a direct contrast to Mary Jane Holland, Dope finds Lady Gaga expressing grief for her excessive drug usage. She apologizes to many in her life for watching her resort to many drugs to help cope with mental health problems. She strongly expresses that she needs those who really matter more than Dope. Although it does get a little slow for the album, Lady Gaga shows (along with Swine and Do What U Want) that stronger and more aggressive vocals are here to stay for her.

@allanrocks It’s her most forgettable balad. I barely remember it exists.

@Julien Lockhart Nah I really hate this one

@Head Empty I'm one of the few who adores Dope. It's one of the best productions in her discography. That baseline that starts on the second verse is stunning.

@Juliandante One of my favourite Lady Gaga ballads. I think it's raw, a "come clean", with an intriguing instrumental. Is it just a piano? No, listen carefully and you will find layers and layers of sounds and instruments that give this song its depth. Also, the lyrics... heartcrushing. A heartbreak song sung through a drug/alcohol addiction confession. 

@ImMatt Thrilled she worked with Rick Rubin (and I'd LOVE them to work together again). Production is 11/10 but it was always a shame the lyrics changed and the vocal is slurred (deliberate, I know). A combination between IWBWY and Dope would've been perfect.

@JazzGa Some of the verses have some great poetry in them "Mine myself like coal/A mountain of a soul" but ultimately this ballad pales in comparison to Speechless, Shallow, etc. 

@Gangie It's sad but beautiful and sounds amazing in dolby atmos.

@huttont Debut of the classic dope vocals. Not my fave ballad but very essential to the record.

@Joshua81 I love how she changed the whole song last minute. The lyrics had more depth, and the way so sings it is uniquely Gaga, just like how a great artist in the 70s would've sung it. 

@Bowman Depressing.com

@TwistedTeeth Gaga has a lot of beautiful and meaningful ballads, but Dope just doesn't seem as genuine as her other ones. It may come from the fact that it use to be called I Wanna Be With You, but then she changed the message of the song.

@Helxig Scruff you, Dope haters. The meaning of Dope is so much more personal and heart-wrenching than IWBWU. Sorry! The lyrics are poetry. The vocals sounds just like a broken woman with nothing left. It's a 10. And we still got IWBWU anyway and Gypsy kinda covers the topic so.. get over it lol

@Auralegends Great lyrics

@jackjackjackjack13 I prefer IWBWU but this song could've worked for me if it wasn't for the random synth in between the chorus and the verse

@whoresup Much better than people give it credit for. I guess because it’s the only piano ballad on the album it kind of sticks out but I still love it. I like raw emotional Gaga so maybe that’s why I enjoy it. 

@dimitristhe When that sang was released I had really loved it, but now, after ASIB I strongly believe it’s one of her worst ballads. It’s not bad though, but kinda forgettable.

@TXNNXTUS Powerful song about the pain of Gaga

@Scarlet Bitch Broke me apart

@Smother Em Eh Dope is a amazing song. It does NOT deserve the hate. It’s a lyrical masterpiece literally and her deep tone on the song fits the message. 

@sillynate Outpeaked DWUW, PI, MTN AND Judas. Dope is that girl. 

@Tobcho Instantly loved the rawness which felt so refreshing in this album. I can't fault it! Its heaviness is a bit too moody for a 10 for me, though. 

@ARTGOD I prefer it to I Wanna Be With You but I still don’t love it. I love Gaga’s vocals and the lyrics are beautiful, but the instrumental is messy, muddy and doesn’t go anywhere. I love the songwriting but the production, which is ARTPOP’s biggest strength, falls flat here.

@Nirvana This song has some of the darkest and best lyrics Gaga has ever written. 

@Gagaism My least favorite on the album, but I appreciate her vulnerability on it.

@marrytheminogue It’s an alright ballad but never really got it

@Ophelia Tbh, I rarely listen to it, it could be her most personal, released song.

@CatelynnMarie i really don't like the production or changes on this track. it takes a lot for me to listen. my least listened to/ least liked track in her entire discography. IWBWY was the better version for me. 

GYPSY

Spoiler

@Bronco I’ve gone from not caring for this song to essentially having it as a personal anthem.

@Poltergeist Another fan favorite, that has never been a favorite of mine. I've learned to enjoy it over the years, but I only listen to this one when I'm having the full album experience.

@Lukasson Good song, favourite tour finale yet.

@ALittleMonsta mother****er im a gypsy im a free bitch im free im loving and i love and i want to show love when this song comes up. i wish the second "i can be" was kept it got me playing it on loop. wish the "music video" was public because its the perfect video for this song for me

@Born This Way I think my most unpopular Gaga opinion is that I don’t like Gypsy.

@HIMe Hair’s ugly stepsister

@Onlygaga Such a cute song, and definitely a great way to shoutout all the monsters who feel forgotten <3

@Ultimecia One of the greatest Gaga songs of all time.

@27monster27 The only song to sit inside the late 2013/early 2014 EDM trend due to its sound, the Avicii-esque anthem recounts Lady Gagas love of being on the road to see her fans. With loving lyrics she expresses how she feels like a traveler as she (at the time) had no actual home. In spite of this Lady Gaga says how she loves this life over the hopeful instrumental.

@allanrocks Love it and I live for it.

@Head Empty This is the wrong side of camp for me. The acoustic version is beautiful though.

@Juliandante I really don't like it.

@ImMatt A strong song, makes me dream of the tour (which I didn't attend 😢)

@JazzGa Beautiful song and production, great chord progression! This one begs to be banged out on the piano. The outro is really fun to sing as well! Also in major need of a lyrical update... "I'm i'm i'm i'm i'm i'm a nomad nomad nomad I'm" would be alright or maybe "i'm i'm i'm a wand'rer wand'rer wand'rer i'm"

@Gangie Beautiful and nostalgic

@huttont I want to love this song so much but the slur and the attachment to Taylor Kinney makes that difficult. Although, I always get misty when she lists all the countries and sings “be my home just for the day”

@Joshua81 I don't get why everyone likes this, it's meh to me.

@Bowman Yeah it's fun, it was the best one live at the artrave 

@TwistedTeeth Beautifully written, you can tell this song comes from a very special place that Gaga was in. However, I don't think the name of this song is going to age very well. Regardless, I enjoy what she's saying.

@Auralegends It’s ok, I don’t think it is anything special

@whoresup Probably should’ve been a single, maybe instead of GUY. It has a great catchy chorus and good vocals.

@dimitristhe Overrated. Too noisy and messy. The production is a mess, especially after the bridge. Cute lyrics though.

@TXNNXTUS Madeon added a truly unique flair to this song

@Scarlet Bitch Fav song

@sillynate Gaga really excels at making these types of songs (Hair, TEOG, 1kD) 

@Tobcho She did it, kids. She did what she started with several tracks on Born This Way, marrying rock to solid hook to EDM and mining the story down to its core. I lived this song for years. She sat at the piano in London and right before the chorus, she looked at me and my partner at the time. I carry this moment as a badge to this day. 

@ARTGOD Honestly the soul of the album. The production goes hard and is really pretty, the vocals are top tier, and as a closer (well, sorta kinda) it works really well.

@FinallyFree Such a sweet song!

@Gagaism It’s a good song, got more of my attention with time.

@marrytheminogue Back on to the good bops

@Ivy Love this song it’s underrated!

@Ophelia I used to hate it, it reminded me of cheap european pop. Witnessing it at the artRAVE truly changed my perception of it, it will always remind me of the amazing bond between this fanbase and the times when "we used to paint each other faces". Damn I feel old when I listen to it lol.

APPLAUSE

Spoiler

@Bronco I love this song, but of all the singles & potential singles I wouldn’t have picked it first

@Poltergeist While I like Applause, I feel like it doesn't belong on the album sound-wise???? I know it's weird, but anytime I listen to ARTPOP it feels like the album ends, and there's also Applause, not like it's integral with the rest.

@ALittleMonsta most famous anthem of ARTPOP but overrated for me, its okay, its cute, it expresses how gaga lives for the fans and the video has a lot of art references 

@Onlygaga It definitely wasn’t lead single worthy, BUT still a great song!

@Ultimecia Her very best lead single!

@27monster27 Lady Gaga brings her signature electro-pop sound out for a powerful end to the album. Lady Gaga takes a camp approach to her also signature raspy "robotic" vocals as she recounts about fame in the verses, and takes a shot at the critics that often don't do as much research as they should. Lady Gaga then belts in the chorus about how much she loves the applause, not for attention, but rather for the simple joy of pleasing people.

@allanrocks Not a bad song, but it sounds a bit cringy too. I barely listen to it nowadays.

@Julien Lockhart Great lead single

@Juliandante I wasn't a fan of it when it was released. I have to be honest: I liked Roar more. I was kinda dissappointed when this was released and it wasn't as fun as other pop songs from the time. However, I can't deny it has become a classic on its own. And I can listen to it today and find it as fresh as the first day... not every song can relate to that!

@ImMatt It takes me back to 2013...certainly the most lead single-worthy. 

@JazzGa Those high notes in the bridge gurl! Yas mother sing me unto heaven

@Gangie Best lead single so far.

@huttont This songs gets me HYPED

@Joshua81 Most commercial track from the album, no brainer lead single.

@Kandy life Remember when I got home from school and found out the song was out. I listened to it non stop that Monday afternoon. Lovely memories. It is still one of my favorites. 

@Bowman So catchy and fun!!!!!!

@TwistedTeeth I need to know what the hell Gaga put in this song. How does a song from a decade ago sound so incredibly fresh and new. The energy in this song is revitalizing and incredible! Definitely a song I would NEVER skip. It’s timeless and brings the energy that ARTPOP is all about!

@Auralegends This song was a grower but now I like it. Also fun choreo. The way she sang it at the JWT with the higher notes at the end was fun.

@whoresup When it first came out I remember being really disappointed because it felt like such a step down compared to BTW. I just thought it was a bit basic and like many other pop songs around that time. Although I do still think this to a point, it is a great pop song regardless and hits the spot.

@dimitristhe Ladies, that’s how you make a comeback. A perfect pop song. Yes, it’s perfect and needs no more explanation.

@TXNNXTUS Very unique instrumental, never heard another song like it before

@Scarlet Bitch Banger(z)

@Smother Em Eh A single for a reason. Sure, lyrically it’s not relatable but it’s an interesting, fun and energetic song that would make anyone old or young wanna dance. Also love the Bowie like vocals on the song! 

@sillynate Cara Delevingne introducing Applause as being from her THIRD album in gta 5 doesn’t sit right with me

@Tobcho Why was it so hard to get into this tune 10 years ago when it slaps so effortlessly? 

@ARTGOD A straightforward pop banger that works as a great encore for the album. The production is relatively clean and the chorus is top tier Gaga. Loved it on first listen, still love it today.

@Gagaism I love, love, love this song so much. I remember listening to it repeatedly when released and thinking “I can’t believe how good is this!” One of my favorites on her entire catalog. 

@marrytheminogue It’s such a safe song and I don’t understand why it was a lead. Yawn.

@Ivy A crowd pleaser with iconic choreography, I love it

@Ophelia The way she sings chorus as "broken" is so Gaga, yet something she hasn't done before. Theatrical banger. I was crying my body's entire water resources when she sung it at the VMAs.

CAKE LIKE LADY GAGA

Spoiler

@Bronco This track reminds me how little I miss my tumblr era….

@Poltergeist I don't even remember when I've listened to it. Glad she had fun making this, cause she cerainly did!

@ALittleMonsta i think the lyrics were by a fan of a competition that djws did i think and they recorded it. you have to admit the lyrics are so funny but the song is very confident and strong

@TheSine Let’s be honest, I wish I had cake like Lady Gaga.

@Onlygaga I remember knowing every single word to this song because I would play it on repeat!! Such a good way to keep us fed while waiting for AP!

@allanrocks I weirdly like it, but I’m happy it didn’t make the final cut.

@Juliandante I was so in love with the sped-up version. I wish it had been officially released to bop to it. 

@ImMatt Sorry...it's dreadful.

@JazzGa More fun awesome campy lyrics! But seriously these studio dudes need to stop telling Gaga that doing hip hop stuff will make her more popular. Gaga is not "posted in the trap, strap with the AK" nor does she need to be, and I prefer her that way thanku

@Gangie Not my cup of tea

@huttont The way I thought this would slay and that Gaga would make a rap album lol

@Joshua81 Meh

@Bowman I forgot this existed :rip:

@TwistedTeeth Way out of Gaga's wheel house, but she sounds like she had fun with it. It gives me the same vibes as her song Christmas Tree. She's just here for a good time.

@Auralegends It’s goofy

@whoresup Funny and non-serious, a fabulous diss track.

@dimitristhe I know some monsters hate this song, but come on now, it’s funny and that’s the purpose of its existence. 

@TXNNXTUS With some polishing, badass

@Smother Em Eh It have a great beat

@Tobcho why isn't it on the tracklist again? Honestly what a tune, melodically and bravado-wise it vomits delicious undigested chocolate raspberry cake (that's my pick, what's yours?) on 80% of this album. 

@ARTGOD Eh, it’s a good novelty track. A taste of what a more hip hop focused ARTPOP would’ve sounded like.

@Gagaism Well, it’s fun!

@Ivy This is not really a favorite of mine but it’s cute

@Ophelia fun and iconic!

I WANNA BE WITH YOU

Spoiler

@Bronco I need this more than Dope

@Poltergeist The track #13 we've deserved! A beautiful, strong ballad, the climax is everything.

@Lukasson Better than dope I fear

@ALittleMonsta this got me emotional the studio version got me emotional and my parents didnt like this but its okay. this is a disney song,, this is a passion for love and the happy version of dope

@Born This Way The studio version is godly.

@Onlygaga Beautiful

@allanrocks So much better than Dope.

@Riley Voted 1 more than I did for Dope, however dont really listen to this version ever (though, nor do I listen to Dope tbh)

@Julien Lockhart I cried a lot lmao

@Juliandante Just like "Dope".

@ImMatt It's great. Possibly a little sugary for Gaga. I can imagine it being on a Disney soundtrack

@JazzGa I do not like these lyrics better than the ones for Dope << Too cheesy, and not even true these days (she clearly does not wanna be with us rn lol)

@Gangie Simply beautiful

@huttont A cute ballad. I’m glad it was reworked into Dope for the album. I could see it working really well on another album though 

@Joshua81 Definitely more commercial, but I prefer Dope. The lyrics to the original was mediocre.

@Bowman This version was ROBBED.

@TwistedTeeth Much better and more meaningful, this version sounds more in line to what Gaga meant to put out. It's one of her most emotional songs and I wish it would've stayed this way.

@Helxig I almost gave this a 1 to spite y'all but it gets a solid 7. I do love it, and I loved it when I saw her first perform it over livestream

@Auralegends I value this equally to Dope.

@whoresup Deffo think it deserved a studio release and if she ever puts out a deep cuts type album this should be on it. I remember being disappointed that the album version was Dope and not this. 

@dimitristhe Her vocals are better with these lyrics and it’s more emotional, even though Dope is even more personal. 

@TXNNXTUS Something feels missing with this version, still emotional and well written

@Smother Em Eh One of her best live vocal performances. I don’t like it as much as Dope tbh but it’s still a great song!

@Tobcho too on the nose for me

@ARTGOD Good vocals, but the lyrics are cheesy and feel straight out of Born This Way. I don’t think this song would’ve fit the album at all.

@Nirvana It's nice we have this song but it does not compare to Dope at all, I'm glad this did not make the cut. 

@marrytheminogue Much better than dope

@Ophelia How can you not love a Gaga love-letter to fans? It always breaks me, the guitar at the end is so goregous.

STACHE

Spoiler

@Bronco I wish the Gaga version had been on Zedd’s album, but I can see why it didn’t make the ARTPOP cut. It definitely feels like a Gaga feature rather than a Gaga track. Also Daddy Zedd doesn’t miss

@Poltergeist Ooooh how much I love this one, had it on replay for hours and hours. The instrumental itself was soooo fun already, very good job on this one Zedd, Gaga's touch made it even better!

@ALittleMonsta WHERES MY STACHE!!!!!!!

@Stephen Actually a great track. Makes me wish she did DJ features.

@Born This Way It irks me when people consider this like an Act 2 song or something. It wasn’t even recorded to be on the album, it’s just a teaser. But it is a really good teaser.

@Onlygaga So good!!

@allanrocks I hate it. I probably only like the intro.

@Juliandante I loved it so much when it was published. I couldn't stop listening to it and I wish it had been part of the album. 

@ImMatt Enjoyable song. I don't listen to it much but, when I do, it always puts me in a good mood

@JazzGa Why is this included but not Brooklyn Nights? What??? For real though I miss fan activities like hunting down the separate layers of this track on SoundCloud, unlocking BTW previews on FarmVille, etc.

@Gangie Interesting experience with the puzzle. Ain't listening to it since 2013 though

@huttont This might be one of my most played Gaga songs. I was obsessed when it came out

@Joshua81 Surprisingly not too bad for an EDM hater. Lolz

@Bowman AWFULLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

@TwistedTeeth I personally don't count this as Gaga's song. It feels more like a Zedd instrumental and Gaga kind of just slipped herself into it.

@Helxig PSYCHOTIC MUSIC HEAD

@Auralegends Chorus is the best part, though all the instrumentals in the verses are a bit to prominent.

@dimitristhe A cute song with funny lyrics. I love 2012Ga, she didn’t take herself seriously. 

@TXNNXTUS Trippy, hypnotic Zedd never fails to disappoint 

@Zeitgeist Idk why ppl like this so much?

@Tobcho ok

@ARTGOD The original instrumental is great, and Gaga does add something to it, I would’ve liked something like this to end up in the album.

@Gagaism I live for EDM and I love this one.

@Ivy I think she should add this on ARTPOP vol II maybe with some new lyrics since they don’t really fit her anymore

@Ophelia A mess, I love it

And, as host's privilege, here's my ballot. Feel free to roast me, but deep down you know I'm right:

Spoiler

Cruelty

AURA 6
VENUS 10
G.U.Y. 7
SEXXX DREAMS 8
JEWELS N' DRUGS 8
MANICURE 5
DO WHAT U WANT 10
ARTPOP 9
SWINE 7
DONATELLA 9
FASHION! 10
MARY JANE HOLLAND 7
DOPE 8
GYPSY 9
APPLAUSE 11
CAKE LIKE LADY GAGA 4
I WANNA BE WITH YOU 5
STACHE 7

Edited by Cruelty
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 9

monstertoronto
2 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I will never understand why Dope is so hated, it’s one of her best songs imo. 

I love Dope. I also don’t get the hate. 

Helxig

Dope and MANiCURE being so low and bloody I Wanna Be With You being so high is a crime! :smh:

I'm surprised that Applause took the top spot though tbh! I thought y'all were haters or over that song or something

15 minutes ago, bionic said:

i feel very exposed :neyde: 

Me too hahahahahaha oh god some of you will crucify me

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

monstertoronto

Thanks @Cruelty! I missed the ceremony because I was out but just caught up now.  Except for Dope being so low, I mostly agree with everything. For sure the top 5! 

• Love 1

Gorehound
2 hours ago, Cruelty said:

artRATE%20thankyou.png

Until the next time!

lady-gaga-artrave.gif

@Cruelty

Thank you so much for this! You described each song in such a colourful and eloquent way!

And I now have learned and understood even more about this album that I have treasured for a decade. 

Much love xx

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Love 1