The way neither of those deserve the first spot :vegas:

i keep telling you, they hating 

Ignore me i drink
  • Like 1

TheSine
7 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

03Artpop.gif

ARTPOP – average 8.70

The highs: 11 x 20 [ @ARTPOPe @Cello @Clarity @Juanlittlem @Julien Lockhart @Head Empty @Zed @JoanneMonster @Butters Stotch @SimonBaetens @bornthisway135 @Papergangstuh @Arcanum @Babylon Dynasty @InTheCloset @TMM90 @Nirvana @ModernEcstasy @Ivy @CatelynnMarie]

The lows: 3 x 1 [ @crackpoppodcast

8com.png

ARTPOP’s title track is unlike anything else in Gaga’s discography. Gentle electronics float around a determined dreamscape, as Gaga expounds an artistic vision where visual arts intertwine harmoniously with pop music. The heart of the album, its position right in the middle of the tracklist is essential, acting as a bridge between the lighter first half & the darker second half.

As I’ve intimated elsewhere in the rate, I’m not sure ‘ARTPOP’ quite works as the title track to this album – the album is a paean to love & an investigation of obsession, whilst the ARTPOP ethos of making classical artwork accessible to the public only comes through in the promotional campaign rather than the music itself.

But still, the song has a bold message, a gorgeous clean production & a characteristically grandiose sense of ambition. Gaga reported that she “wanted it to kind of hypnotise people, and kind of become like a mantra”, & ‘ARTPOP’ certainly has had that hypnotic effect on Gagadaily, as it received more 11s than any other song. This was the runner-up for quite a while, but in the end, ‘ARTPOP’ settles for a well-deserved bronze medal finish.

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

@Bronco Giving the instrumental an unofficial 11 ngl – the lyrics are a little gimmicky at times though

@Poltergeist Hypnotizing, dreamy, trippy pop perfection!

@ALittleMonsta its a cute description of what ARTPOP means

@Born This Way It’s so close to perfect, I just wish the instrumental hit a tiny bit harder.

@Ultimecia Immaculate, entrancing. My favorite song on the record and one of my favorite Gaga song of all time.

@27monster27 Over a dreamy disco-influenced instrumental, Lady Gaga takes camp to a new level with this song. Instead of just saying that she wants ART and POP to come together, she makes them have a conversation with each other where they discuss how they will complement each other.

@allanrocks Again, the demo/iTunes festival version sounds way better than the final version.

@Head Empty There's no song like this, and no other artist could've pulled this off. I'll get some of these lyrics tattooed some day.

@Juliandante Another good song. However, due to many reasons (one of them being that English isn't my first language), it's not a song I can relate to, lyrically. To be honest, this is not something I care about when I chose whether to like or dislike a song, but, since we have to rate these songs, I think the relatability of the songs is a matter I can take into consideration.

@ImMatt "Lovers kites are flown on beaches for public sight" is the best line on the album

@Joshua81 Meh. Just love the huge wig she'll wear when performing this.

@TwistedTeeth Powerfully written and the production feels so majestic. It really feels like Gaga is pulling us into a universe that's covered in mystery, but we make it into what we want it to be. Our ARTPOP could mean anything!

@dimitristhe I really like the instrumental and her “hee hee”, her most dreamy and euphoric track.

@InTheCloset lets be honest its an 11

@CatelynnMarie i have SO many memories from this song. it is one of the most ethereal, dreamy, wonderful songs. from swine fest to artRAVE. this song just HITS in a very particular way and puts me in a state of mind that i never want to leave from. my 11. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952nk43k1fe095ffgzyuxh

Bruh.

🖤Yiiking Out🖤
  • Thanks 1

KubaM316
3 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

top2.png

Gagadaily, here is your ARTPOP Top 2! Who do you think is taking the crown?

I have no idea but honestly I'll be happy no matter what wins :party:

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

RebeldeFaith
1 minute ago, PMM said:

My fault

I thought You all had a better taste

Gagadaylians have proven today why we don't deserve Act II or an ARTPOP celebration at all.

Something something idk
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

Cruelty

02VENUSNEW.gif

VENUS – average 8.76

The highs: 11 x 18 [ @Chesescake @Lukasson @InsomniaMonster69 @LordByron28 @Werewolves Wanted @DoremonLove @Healed My Heart @huttont @crackpoppodcast @IWantYourLove @Aussie @Zeitgeist @RAMROD @Mizu723 @RebeldeFaith @SpiritBunny @chun li @LaFama]

The lows: 5 x 4 [ @Joshua81 @JustTea @Jose Alberto @bionic

2com.png

Some of these writeups have been analytical, & exploratory, & considered the context of the ARTPOP era and pop culture at large. Sometimes, however, all you need to say is… this is an amazing pop song. & ‘Venus’ is an amazing pop song. Gloriously WTF with a career-best chorus, ‘Venus’ is a love song at its heart, but couched in the ‘weird Gaga’ tropes, & it defies all the rules of the contemporary pop song to create one of the strongest entries in Gaga’s discography. From the juddering disco thump of the verses, to the jangling guitars in the chorus, to the celestial rundown in the bridge, every element of ‘Venus’ bristles with a sense of confidence & vision. It isn’t radio-friendly in the slightest, & yet it’s just an almost overwhelming gauntlet of hooks. It is Lady Gaga distilled into a single piece of music.

There’s so much context surrounding ‘Venus’. It was hilariously performed alongside the Muppets! It was in the running for lead single in late 2012! The song that launched a thousand @AFRODITA mixes! A victim of the second single curse! The first song Gaga ever produced all by herself! Flashing the gays in London! Did they or didn’t they shoot a video?! (they didn’t). But of course, you know all of that already, so let’s just bask in this esoteric, incredible, beautiful mess of a pop song. The only song in the rate never to score below a 5, ‘Venus’ lands as your deserved ARTPOP runner-up.

Comments:

Spoiler

@Poltergeist A timeless Gaga classic, disco, crazy, quirky. Screams ARTPOP!

@HeavyMetal Halcyon Pure gay joy.

@Daenerys A whole self-produced song??? Yes, please!!

@Onlygaga This songs truly amazing, and the fact that Gaga produced it is so cute! 😭

@Werewolves Wanted Such an incredibly addictive song. I used to play this song in the car and even my grandfather liked it and would sing along to the “VENUS!” parts

@Ultimecia The bridge is the least interesting part of the song.

@Juliandante Although it's a perfect pop song, I'm not really into its bridge. Iconic, yes, but kinda interrupts the flow of the song.

@allanrocks Love the song, but the bridge is kinda cringy.

@Head Empty This song is camp perfection. The chorus is stellar, but to me the verses are the true stand-out. So hypnotic and groovy.

@JazzGa ROCKET #9 TAKE OFF TO THE PLANET (to the planet) #PENUS If you don't appreciate the campy goofy glory of this song, then you just aren't a person I want to spend time around thank u!

@Gangie GaGa in her purest form

@huttont Favorite Gaga song on the album and in her entire discography. It’s a song that screams GAGA through and through. The vocals, the production, the layers. It’s everything I love and desire in a Gaga song. And the fact that it’s her first self produced.

@TXNNXTUS Gaga’s dedication to making Venus perfect makes it stand out

@sillynate Is this song about being in space, Roman mythology, or being a lesbian?? I can’t tell

lady-gaga-aphrodite.gif

• Like 4
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 4
  • Shook 5
  • Thanks 2

applause at 1?

hahahhahahahahaahahaha *aura laugh*

y'all the worst

clear your ears

basic ass GP taste

i'm logging out

shame

giphy.gif

I Am a Joke
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 2

KubaM316
2 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

02VENUSNEW.gif

VENUS – average 8.76

The highs: 11 x 18 [ @Chesescake @Lukasson @InsomniaMonster69 @LordByron28 @Werewolves Wanted @DoremonLove @Healed My Heart @huttont @crackpoppodcast @IWantYourLove @Aussie @Zeitgeist @RAMROD @Mizu723 @RebeldeFaith @SpiritBunny @chun li @LaFama]

The lows: 5 x 4 [ @Joshua81 @JustTea @Jose Alberto @bionic

2com.png

Some of these writeups have been analytical, & exploratory, & considered the context of the ARTPOP era and pop culture at large. Sometimes, however, all you need to say is… this is an amazing pop song. & ‘Venus’ is an amazing pop song. Gloriously WTF with a career-best chorus, ‘Venus’ is a love song at its heart, but couched in the ‘weird Gaga’ tropes, & it defies all the rules of the contemporary pop song to create one of the strongest entries in Gaga’s discography. From the juddering disco thump of the verses, to the jangling guitars in the chorus, to the celestial rundown in the bridge, every element of ‘Venus’ bristles with a sense of confidence & vision. It isn’t radio-friendly in the slightest, & yet it’s just an almost overwhelming gauntlet of hooks. It is Lady Gaga distilled into a single piece of music.

There’s so much context surrounding ‘Venus’. It was hilariously performed alongside the Muppets! It was in the running for lead single in late 2012! The song that launched a thousand @AFRODITA mixes! A victim of the second single curse! The first song Gaga ever produced all by herself! Flashing the gays in London! Did they or didn’t they shoot a video?! (they didn’t). But of course, you know all of that already, so let’s just bask in this esoteric, incredible, beautiful mess of a pop song. The only song in the rate never to score below a 5, ‘Venus’ lands as your deserved ARTPOP runner-up.

Comments:

Reveal hidden contents

@Poltergeist A timeless Gaga classic, disco, crazy, quirky. Screams ARTPOP!

@HeavyMetal Halcyon Pure gay joy.

@Daenerys A whole self-produced song??? Yes, please!!

@Onlygaga This songs truly amazing, and the fact that Gaga produced it is so cute! 😭

@Werewolves Wanted Such an incredibly addictive song. I used to play this song in the car and even my grandfather liked it and would sing along to the “VENUS!” parts

@Ultimecia The bridge is the least interesting part of the song.

@Juliandante Although it's a perfect pop song, I'm not really into its bridge. Iconic, yes, but kinda interrupts the flow of the song.

@allanrocks Love the song, but the bridge is kinda cringy.

@Head Empty This song is camp perfection. The chorus is stellar, but to me the verses are the true stand-out. So hypnotic and groovy.

@JazzGa ROCKET #9 TAKE OFF TO THE PLANET (to the planet) #PENUS If you don't appreciate the campy goofy glory of this song, then you just aren't a person I want to spend time around thank u!

@Gangie GaGa in her purest form

@huttont Favorite Gaga song on the album and in her entire discography. It’s a song that screams GAGA through and through. The vocals, the production, the layers. It’s everything I love and desire in a Gaga song. And the fact that it’s her first self produced.

@TXNNXTUS Gaga’s dedication to making Venus perfect makes it stand out

@sillynate Is this song about being in space, Roman mythology, or being a lesbian?? I can’t tell

lady-gaga-aphrodite.gif

tumblr_n94wvyMqRU1s5kxalo3_250.gif

• LMAO 1