💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Conservative Muslims protest Coldplay’s concert over the band’s LGBTQ+ support

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Dozens of conservative Muslims marched in Indonesia’s capital on Friday, calling for the cancellation of Coldplay’s upcoming concert over the British band’s support for the LGBTQ+ community. Coldplay is renowned for interlacing its values with its shows, such as the band’s push for environmental sustainability. Lead singer Chris Martin has been known to wear rainbow colors and wave gay pride flags during performances.

The Asian leg of Coldplay’s “Music Of The Spheres World Tour” includes a Nov. 15 concert at Jakarta’s Gelora Bung Karno stadium. More than 70,000 tickets were scooped up in less than two hours when sales opened in May.

Critics say Coldplay’s show is suggestive, and that the band’s support for the LGBTQ+ community threatens to undermine Indonesia’s moral fiber and corrupt its youth.

Nearly 100 demonstrators, many holding banners and signs, filled a major thoroughfare in Jakarta after Friday prayers.

The protesters — organized by Islamist group the 212 Brotherhood Alumni, whose name refers to the Dec. 2, 2016 mass protests against the polarizing Christian politician Basuki Tjahaja Purnama — chanted “God is Great” and “We reject Coldplay” as they marched to the heavily guarded British Embassy in Jakarta.

“We are here for the sake of guarding our young generation in this country from efforts that could corrupt youth,” said Hery Susanto, a protester from West Java’s city of Bandung. “As Indonesian Muslims, we have to reject the Coldplay concert.”

Novel Bamukmin, a protest coordinator, gave a speech criticizing the government for allowing the band to hold a concert in Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim-majority country. He said if the concert was not canceled, thousands of protesters would confront the band on its way from the airport.

“Coldplay has long been a strong supporter of LGBT and its lead singer is an atheist,” Bamukmin said, standing on the top of a truck, “We must reject their campaign, their concert here.”

https://apnews.com/article/indonesia-conservative-muslims-protest-coldplay-concert-94ee2d7eef02581ec51822c5c60715aa

wirestory_94ee2d7eef02581ec51822c5c60715
7ea263310582473a9f39af6f9fd61ef3

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 2
  • Sad 3

the faith of these people is so fragile :smh:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

RAMROD

They're the same ones who did this to Lady Gaga too in 2012 :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

HermioneT

This is probably gonna be controversial, but I think on a global scale a lot of people / societies would profit from a reformation movement within Islam. ( Not that there are any signs and hopes for that to happen). 

She / hers
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HermioneT said:

reformation movement within Islam

Well, the very founding concept of Islam is that the Holy Quran is the ultimate and final words of God and there's no scope for any interpretation or reformation. Islam claims it's perfect as is it and doesn't need any reform.

• Shook 1
  • Sad 1

tylerjs

Pathetic. They should really be protesting Coldplay’s music in general, that’s the real evil here :grr:

🇨🇺🇧🇸 monica from rhoslc kinda had a point
  • LMAO 9

Ororo Munroe
Just now, soularpower said:

Pathetic. They should really be protesting Coldplay’s music in general, that’s the real evil here :grr:

you stole my joke! :grr:

1 hour ago, Zaskar said:

Well, the very founding concept of Islam is that the Holy Quran is the ultimate and final words of God and there's no scope for any interpretation or reformation. Islam claims it's perfect as is it and doesn't need any reform.

I think this is the issue with this particular religion, really it's the ultimate creation, they made a religion that no one can question if they believe it. The perfect cult!