💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

New official playlist on Gaga's Youtube celebrating ARTPOP 10th anniversary

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Gorehound
52 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

She may not be as a ridiculously theatrical and ARTPOPY as she used to, but that doesn't mean she sold out. It was still a risky move putting out an album like Joanne, starring in ASIB and even expressing her vulnerability on Chromatica was a very brave move. Many artists don't ever get THAT personal in their writing.

Obviously though Gaga has transitioned and been through a whole lot mentally and physically which has certainly impacted her life and some career choices, but here and there we still get splashes of well, you know - GAGA in the flesh - John Wayne, 911, TCB and I am sure more will follow (maybe)

It's all a matter of opinion in the end I think. Some may see her toning down her style in order to be more commercially friendly and re-gain popularity as selling out, others just another form of artistic evolution. Or both :oops:. Either way it was drastic and did leave a very large portion of her fans missing her classic self, and no one can deny that she has contradicted her "music not the bling" philosophy in recent years.

I don't want to be a cynic, but in the end of the day a millionaire lifestyle needs money to maintain so if crazy Gaga wasn't getting those cheques, it was time for a change.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Love 1

Gorehound
On 11/7/2023 at 7:52 PM, SpookyKid said:

this is, visually, my favorite piece of Gaga media ever

Ye this was very stylish and in keeping with modern art gallery aesthetics. 

It's a shame the era didn't keep to this style rather than go all tacky, pink and garish.

I'm fine, Ta

ALittleMonsta

the insider claiming princess die will come out is a liar.

you must remember there are plenty more songs out there (over 70 more) that were not released

maren

false hope

oxy

stride

and more, were names allegedly registered on gagas bmi.  most of the unreleased songs are scratched concepts, or lyrics at best. i dont believe theres enough material for an actual act ii and instead remixes and maybe new collabs with ARTPOP producers would be most logical! gaga still works with madeon as known

14 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I'm not quite sure where she got the ideas for this video. I actually love the newspaper wall but everything else is very r*py and cringe. 

I mean, it was directed by Terry Richardson, that's his whole vibe :emma:

Now looking at the leaks, I'm glad we never got it, not only would it hurt her reputation, but it doesn't look like a good music video, like, at all :toofunny:

Its not a fedora u f*ck

BlingNotTheMusic
11 hours ago, Gorehound said:

Ye I 100% agree! I was underwhelmed by the Applause and GUY videos to. There was definitely a drop in general quality and aesthetic which is kinda confusing because modern art still centres itself on concept and aesthetics.

Aww thanks dude really appreciate that :hug:  ye the topic has been on my mind for ages now and I thought that was the right place to express it. Tho got a fair few responses telling me I was wrong lol so glad you agree. I love Gaga to bits but I don't like to sugarcoat it when I have thoughts about her.

Ok cool I'll give it a go. Had an idea to do a kind of "Fixing ARTPOP" series on here, giving my ideas then leaving it open for everyone else to join in.

You're definitely not alone in your feelings towards that! I suppose her pre-Joanne self wasn't sustainable long term, and artists really only stick around when they are vulnerable and relatable ala Madonna, Bowie, etc. At least we got to experience the magic of those first few years in real time! Cheers!

(Sidenote: Not sure if you're into Madonna but she kind of experienced the same. Imo she peaked with ROL and then the next few albums were good/great. Confessions being the last perfect album front to back. But it seems she ran out of relatable content or whatever magic she had before. I still enjoy a lot of the albums after that one, but it's just not the same. Similar to Gaga's trajectory. I've seen clips of Madonna's current tour and she just seems tired and over it haha. There's something special about her ROL-COADF period. Her 40's really were a new high!

Although I believe Gaga will continue to surprise us and I think Joker 2 is going to be huge for some reason)

• Like 1

BlingNotTheMusic
11 hours ago, Starmie25 said:

She may not be as a ridiculously theatrical and ARTPOPY as she used to, but that doesn't mean she sold out. It was still a risky move putting out an album like Joanne, starring in ASIB and even expressing her vulnerability on Chromatica was a very brave move. Many artists don't ever get THAT personal in their writing.

Obviously though Gaga has transitioned and been through a whole lot mentally and physically which has certainly impacted her life and some career choices, but here and there we still get splashes of well, you know - GAGA in the flesh - John Wayne, 911, TCB and I am sure more will follow (maybe)

The selling out vibe I would say is she no longer has that f*CK you pop music vibe. The BTW era, even though had a lot of "radio-friendly" tracks, was still very rebellious and original. No one was doing was Gaga was doing. Now we cannot say the same...

Also, her product deals now seem so much more commercial and tame. I suppose it's a natural progression (as I mentioned in another comment) but it would've been cool to see her maintain her edge. All the Haus Labs stuff is super cringe to me but hey gorwl, get that coin I guess :huntyga:

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1