💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Unpopular opinion: Chromatica

Blackout19

Featured Posts

TimotheeChalamet
1 hour ago, crazygato said:

Her weakest album along with Joanne. In a way it's sort of like Madonna's MDNA in that it tries to "reintroduce" the artist to a new generation

Hahahahahaha

4 hours ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

Also, a lil bit of addition, but also the recent hate it gets on social media is the most baffling thing I've ever seen:triggered: with the most baffling takes ever as well. 

If it was promoted well w/o the darn pandemic, fans would be putting it on a pedestal. I'm serious. Yes, fans can't really separate the music from the era itself and that's okay, because promotion, live performances, etc. are part of the experience but it's just sad how most of those fans don't even try to appreciate the music they got and would just run it over and **** on it without any second thought when their expectations for the era wasn't fully realized.

Thank you for saying this. You’re completely right!

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Thanks 2

The amount of hate this album gets still blows my mind, it’s one of Gaga’s best and definitely in top 3 albums she’s made. I do think it all comes down to taste with fans and where people come from. I LOVE the celebration of House music in this album and it’s done respectfully, it’s a big genre here in the UK which is probably why I love it. I think people want to just hear crazy production all the time but sometimes it’s nice to have a simple and easy enjoyable album to listen to. Chromatica has the vibe and energy that you can dance to and it’s a real Dance album.

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, 4th Street said:

5. TCB is a more of a true reflection of what Chromatica album was all about than the stupid concept of some fictional planet.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt like this. The planet theme felt more like a cosplay she had to use because she had to come up with something crazy and Gaga-esque to sell the album. TCB was like we were finally seeing Chromatica for what it was all along without a flashy disguise and also, like she was ready to celebrate her journey. 

Edited by LaFama
Its not a fedora u f*ck
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Future Lovers

It aged pretty poorly. It was one of my favorites of hers when it was released but it over time has lost it's replay value quite a bit. There's just not as much to sink your teeth into with it as it appears on the surface. It has some stellar tracks on it but overall it was a lot of potential that didn't get fulfilled. 

• Like 2

Agunimon

I think the album as a whole is mostly full of her worst lyrics, with way too much repetitiveness. Some songs stand out from this, but I found it lyrically lacking as a body of work compared to previous albums, especially Joanne, The Fame Monster and Born This Way.

1. Stupid Love is not a good song.
2. I love Free Woman.
3. I love Fun Tonight.
4. 911 is too repetitive and too slow.
5. Plastic Doll is underrated.
6. Sour Candy is a cash grab and one of the worst songs she's ever done. 
7. Enigma is in my top 5 Gaga songs. It's so spectacular and I feel it is where she put her heart in this record.
8. I love Sine From Above.
9. I love 1000 Doves.
10. I don't like Babylon.

After reading here I don't think some of these are as unpopular as I thought.

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

RochestrMonstr

It’s too polished to fit in with the rest of her discography. Her other albums are much more all-over-the-place and that’s always been part of what draws me to her. 

Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves are top songs. 

Stupid Love and its video are great.

• Thanks 1

Lextyr97

The album for me didn’t age well. I’ve listened to all of Gaga’s albums (including C2C and L4S) at LEAST four times in full in the last several months except Joanne and Chromatica. I just have no desire to listen to either. I don’t know what happened. I LOVED Chromatica so much when it released and I have the sine tattooed on my left breast but now… I just don’t care about the album at all

Chromatikitten
12 hours ago, LG6IsHere said:

totally agree its her best album. i think its lowkey insulting when people reduce house music to "cheap" it's just pretty musically un-intelligent

12 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

I don't understand what fans mean when they say this. It's one of her best produced albums.

10 hours ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

the recent hate it gets on social media is the most baffling thing I've ever seen:triggered: with the most baffling takes ever as well. 

If it was promoted well w/o the darn pandemic, fans would be putting it on a pedestal.

6 hours ago, Bowman said:

The amount of hate this album gets still blows my mind, it’s one of Gaga’s best and definitely in top 3 albums she’s made. I LOVE the celebration of House music in this album and it’s done respectfully. I think people want to just hear crazy production all the time but sometimes it’s nice to have a simple and easy enjoyable album to listen to. Chromatica has the vibe and energy that you can dance to and it’s a real Dance album.

oh-heres-the-tea-ina-garten.gif

*I'm not like other gays*~edgelord Chromatica slander is so tired atp wbk

She's meditating guys — She's died
  • Like 1

BlingNotTheMusic
9 hours ago, 4th Street said:

The entire album is brought down by the fact that Gaga seems obsessed with trying to show off her range. Girl, we get it, you can sing! now stop trying to sell it so hard. 

Honestly this. There's a lot I love about both albums but I have to be in the mood for Gaga's post ARTPOP yell-singing to listen to either :trollga:

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu
  • Like 1

Julien Lockhart

- It's almost her best album and without the Covid, it would have been one of Era's best

- Sure, the production doesn't sound deep, but it was enough me thinks

- Alice is one of her best songs of her career, along with Replay

- It was time she stopped hiding and told the truth about what she was going through, even if it wasn't easy. I was really looking forward to an album where she faced up to her problems

- For someone who deals with anxiety and has experienced depression, this album does a monumental amount of good, especially Alice, who speaks the truth

- To me the album was made for her and not for us, the first point was to healed her and then maybe healed other people with the release 

He ate my heart
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

Borislshere

Probably my least favorite album. The whole thing felt to me like interscope forced Gaga to do pop music again and this is what came of it. don’t get me wrong though, still a great dance album. Just get uninspired. 

elijahfan

I think Stupid Love was an excellent lead single, and I enjoy it much more than Rain on Me :oops:

I think the Arca remix of Rain on Me is superior to the original :ohwell:

First half of the album is flawless, second half... more forgettable.

I'm not the biggest Replay fan :messga: But I feel like it has to do with the production and especially the Diana Ross sample that kinda annoys me, I much prefer the Dorian Electra remix over the original. The show gave it life tho and made it one of my favorite moments.

It gave me similar vibes to the way I felt about Gaga early in her career, meaning the visuals were much more edgy and experimental than the music itself. I wish she'd had the guts to follow through with SOPHIE and Boys Noize to make something more risky. 911 is the only song on the album that matches this expectation (and unsurprisingly, it was my instant favorite).

Still a great album that I very much enjoy listening to this day, but I regret its safe dimension and in the long run, I don't think it will be very memorable in her career. If we're being real, it didn't make much of an impact outside of the fanbase.

Edited by elijahfan
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

GAGASEXUAL

- I love the production of the album

- Free Woman and 1000 Doves are the worst songs on the album

- Elton John ruined Sine From Above

- Stupid Love was a good choice as lead single

- Enigma and Replay should have been singles