Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Millie Bobby Brown named Glamour's Woman Of The Year

Teletubby

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I find it quite unsettling how sexualised she's been ever since she became an adult. I know she's nearing 20 but honestly, these days, I feel weird about a sexual image on anyone under the age of 21. It's like she's been groomed for this since she broke out on Stranger Things. She got photoshoots when she was a minor and it was all age appropriate but all these publications were aimed at adults and they were calling her "so cool," "trendy" and "the hottest name" and I found it bizarre that a literal child was being marketed at adult readers. Adults want to see celebrities in their age range in magazines, not kids, no matter how famous they are. So, it came as no surprise that a make-up brand was launched in her name and by the time she turned 18, she was all about low cut dresses with splits up the side. Sure, she's at an age when she can do that but when she was introduced to the world as a child, it makes most of us feel weird. I just find it so inappropriate and I hope she hasn't been negatively impacted by this. Its been well-known that there were multiple men leaving comments under any video of her back in the day saying they couldn't wait until she was legal. 

Remember how obsessed people were about Britney and Christina's virginities back in the day? Counting down the days until Disney stars like Miley, Selena and Demi became legal has been a thing for years. I remember how Emma Watson said that when she went out to celebrate her 18th birthday and left the car in a short dress, there were paparazzi lying on the ground, trying to get a photo up her dress as she walked by, probably hoping there was a chance that she wasn't wearing underwear. In the UK, before the age of topless modelling was raised to 18, girls were routinely being photographed topless on their actual 16th birthdays in certain newspapers and there was even a countdown in the sports pages that tracked when the next girl was going to become legal. The media makes me sick sometimes, I swear. Girls literally aren't allowed one day of innocence when they reach legal age. It's like we're groomed from birth. 

She looks great but I don't really like her lmao and idk why.. she kind of reminds me of Hermione if she was a real person? Idk. Good actress!

Wolf Boy
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I find it quite unsettling how sexualised she's been ever since she became an adult. I know she's nearing 20 but honestly, these days, I feel weird about a sexual image on anyone under the age of 21. It's like she's been groomed for this since she broke out on Stranger Things. She got photoshoots when she was a minor and it was all age appropriate but all these publications were aimed at adults and they were calling her "so cool," "trendy" and "the hottest name" and I found it bizarre that a literal child was being marketed at adult readers. Adults want to see celebrities in their age range in magazines, not kids, no matter how famous they are. So, it came as no surprise that a make-up brand was launched in her name and by the time she turned 18, she was all about low cut dresses with splits up the side. Sure, she's at an age when she can do that but when she was introduced to the world as a child, it makes most of us feel weird. I just find it so inappropriate and I hope she hasn't been negatively impacted by this. Its been well-known that there were multiple men leaving comments under any video of her back in the day saying they couldn't wait until she was legal. 

Remember how obsessed people were about Britney and Christina's virginities back in the day? Counting down the days until Disney stars like Miley, Selena and Demi became legal has been a thing for years. I remember how Emma Watson said that when she went out to celebrate her 18th birthday and left the car in a short dress, there were paparazzi lying on the ground, trying to get a photo up her dress as she walked by, probably hoping there was a chance that she wasn't wearing underwear. In the UK, before the age of topless modelling was raised to 18, girls were routinely being photographed topless on their actual 16th birthdays in certain newspapers and there was even a countdown in the sports pages that tracked when the next girl was going to become legal. The media makes me sick sometimes, I swear. Girls literally aren't allowed one day of innocence when they reach legal age. It's like we're groomed from birth. 

Or maybe now that she’s a young woman she feels sexy and wants to have fun. It’s not always that deep.

• Like 1

ShayCristoforo

She's cool. I want to learn more about the kinky stuff. 
Not just a love for animals, and telling stories. These magazines are so boring lol 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

StrawberryBlond
46 minutes ago, Wolf Boy said:

Or maybe now that she’s a young woman she feels sexy and wants to have fun. It’s not always that deep.

This is the response time and time again when this concern is raised. It's why nothing changes for girls and women and we repeat the cycle for every generation. This reasoning is what's presented to everyone so we don't have to feel guilty for what we're allowing to happen. Every girl is told that being publicly sexual is what we want and if we're doing it it's because we made that choice. But when we actually examine it when we get older, we realise it was anything but. Little girls didn't want to dress like this before internet and social media started dominating their lives. It's media that has raised them to believe this is how they should want to dress and that it's just how girls their age dress and that they'll stand out as weird if they don't, particularly if they want to be famous and be successful as an adult. If you're raised with that messaging, you'll subconsciously think it's you who wants this. And if you're doing a photoshoot, you're told what to wear. Quite a few former child stars have stated that they went through multiple times in their early years where they were forced to wear stuff they weren't comfortable with because they had to do what management told them and knew their career would be on the line if they didn't comply.