Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

The Eras Tour film debuts with $95-97 million on domestic box office

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Superheros have been having diminishing returns as of late, but none are quite as powerful as Taylor Swift, who continued her cultural domination with her concert film, The Eras Tour. 

Documenting her blockbuster tour, which isn't even over yet, the film opened to rave reviews and $96 million at the domestic box office, as per Comscore.

Internationally, Swifties shelled out an additional $32 million, giving their Mother a global debut weekend of $128 million — breaking the record for a concert film previously set by Michael Jackson's This Is It in 2009 ($74.3 million).

https://ew.com/movies/taylor-swift-eras-tour-concert-film-tops-box-office-breaks-global-record/

She is not the new Michael Jackson, she is THEE MUSIC INDUSTRY TAYLOR $WIFT! :giveup:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 2

Do we need a new thread each time? It’s getting tiring. Sorry but I’m not interested in TS so much, I come here for Gaga news. Swift threads could all go in 1-2 others and keep it there 

• Like 5
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Aussie said:

Do we need a new thread each time? It’s getting tiring. Sorry but I’m not interested in TS so much, I come here for Gaga news. Swift threads could all go in 1-2 others and keep it there 

I’m interested in her, and i want to see threads about her… now what :giggle:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Flippy

:tony: Legend ****
Love to see it! I mean, it was amazing! I’d hella go watch it again! 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Cello

Good for her but lawd am I tired of seeing their names in the same sentence together :volantis:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • Thanks 1

• Tinnitus15 changed the title to The Eras Tour film debuts with $95-97 million on domestic box office
Tinnitus15
6 hours ago, Future Lovers said:

Once again, want to remind everyone this is DOMESTIC box office, not WORLDWIDE box office. This is within prediction range. The $100 million+ opening weekend was a WORLDWIDE forecast and it hit that. It’s worldwide total is a $128 million OW. 

@Tinnitus15 If you could kindly change the title to domestic box office or US box office my OCD would be sauuuuur happy

Done ❤️

Future Lovers
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Internationally, Swifties shelled out an additional $32 million, giving their Mother a global debut weekend of $128 million — breaking the record for a concert film previously set by Michael Jackson's This Is It in 2009 ($74.3 million).

I say this is a die hard ride or die Swfitie who has seen the film twice and saw the tour in person twice: this isn't true yet.

They're getting Michael's domestic box office confused with the film's actual worldwide total. They're trying to compare her worldwide to his domestic. 

Worlwide, This Is It made $261.2 million in it's entire run. $72.1 million of that was made domestically and $189.1 million of that was made internationally.

A more accurate headline is her domestic opening has surpassed his domestic lifetime run record, that is true. Taylor's domestic opening weekend has outgrossed This Is It's entire domestic run, but the film has not yet in worldwide haul dethroned This Is It. 

That said....it will. It will probably pass This Is It as the #1 documentary of all time at the box office in a couple of weeks. 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 1

Tinnitus15
4 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

Absolutely NOT accurate. 

Deadline was predicting a $130+ million DOMESTIC opening and so did the Swifties. This rewrite-history-because-the-movie-underperformed is not cute. 

The Swifties claimed this would end up grossing $1 billion and would open bigger than Barbie. Safe to say it didn't lol. 

You for real? No one ( from Swifties) thought it will gross $1 billion. And you saying it in a way like it’s completely flopping, meanwhile it’s on its way to debut with $130 million dollars. Hate her all you want( cuz clearly you DO), but don’t act like this movie isn’t a success, just because it didn’t meet some predictions. Also AMC theatres are about to officially release the numbers today.

Edited by Tinnitus15
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

RAMROD
40 minutes ago, Aussie said:

You are on the wrong part of the cult site for Gaga newz. :icant:

Entertainment News section are for all things outside  Gaga. 

Do try hang out more the Gaga part of the forum:

https://gagadaily.com/forums/forum/4-lady-gaga/

Edited by RAMROD
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

RAMROD
18 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

I say this is a die hard ride or die Swfitie who has seen the film twice and saw the tour in person twice: this isn't true yet.

They're getting Michael's domestic box office confused with the film's actual worldwide total. They're trying to compare her worldwide to his domestic. 

Worlwide, This Is It made $261.2 million in it's entire run. $72.1 million of that was made domestically and $189.1 million of that was made internationally.

A more accurate headline is her domestic opening has surpassed his domestic lifetime run record, that is true. Taylor's domestic opening weekend has outgrossed This Is It's entire domestic run, but the film has not yet in worldwide haul dethroned This Is It. 

That said....it will. It will probably pass This Is It as the #1 documentary of all time at the box office in a couple of weeks. 

Hollywood Reporter article stated

Overseas, Eras Tour opened between $31 million and $33 million from 94 countries for a worldwide launch of $126 million to $130 million. (Heading into the weekend, AMC had projected a global bow of $150 million.) It’s the biggest global start ever for a concert film, besting Michael Jackson’s This Is It($74.3 million), not adjusted for inflation. It ranked No. 1 in the U.K., Mexico, Australia and Germany.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/taylor-swift-eras-tour-box-office-opening-1235618828/amp/

So it is legit. 

River

She didn't hit the $150-$200 million in the US like was predicted :emma:

Barely scratched the $100 million lol.

For all the fuss around this concert, this number is a flop.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 1

River
Just now, Tinnitus15 said:

@Riverwhats so funny?:samanthac:

idk you lmao me :icant:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 1