Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga’s stylist: “ASIB dress was ruined by the rain”

NewUsername

Featured Posts

IllusionLover

There's one good thing about it, it will go down in history as a look only worn once by Lady Gaga. And no one could ever try and wear it again unless they make a replica which would look cheaper.

I'm looking at yoy miss Kim K. :max:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 5

Rat Boy
5 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

There's one good thing about it, it will go down in history as a look only worn once by Lady Gaga. And no one could ever try and wear it again unless they make a replica which would look cheaper.

Interested Kim Kardashian GIF

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB
  • LMAO 6

SharkmanthaC

I mean, we've all seen Gaga naked. That's not a big deal (maybe for other celebs).

But also, the ASIB dress and the dove should be in Haus of Gaga in Vegas. I don't care that the dress got messed up, it still would have been amazing to see the way it was. 

she/her/hers
  • Like 2

IllusionLover
1 hour ago, Rat Boy said:

Interested Kim Kardashian GIF

I'm never forgiving her for what she did to Marilyn's dress.

• Like 1

NewUsername
3 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

He actually explained Valentino made (a) new one(s?) afterwards.

Spoiler

the "?" is because I was sometimes talking to the screen instead of listening :')

Auralegends
10 hours ago, NewUsername said:

Gaga’s stylist, Tom Eerebout, was a guest today at a Belgian talk show.

New info he gave:
- The A Star is Born Venice premiere dress was ruined by the rain. After the event, they had to throw it away.
- The dress cost about 100 000 euros.

- The dove brooch used on the Biden Inauguration dress is now hanging in Tom's living room.
- There were 5 copies in total of the dove brooch.

Schermafbeelding-2023-10-12-om-23-14-06.

Schermafbeelding-2023-10-12-om-23-14-36.

Schermafbeelding-2023-10-12-om-23-14-50.

Info we already knew/Info we could already deduct/common knowledge:
- Gaga cried when she first saw the ASIB dress.
- She didn’t want an umbrella when it started raining during the premiere.
- “It’s one thing to find a nice look for a red carpet, but you also have to keep in mind that you have to be able to tuck away and fold those dresses. The Oscar seats for example are very narrow”.

- Tom said he doesn’t know any superstar that doesn’t get nervous before a big event or concert.
- Stylists see the stars naked all the time.
- Tom often chooses Gaga’s underwear as well.

If you want to watch the interview (starting at about 35:20)  (probably geoblocked, though):
https://www.vrt.be/vrtmax/a-z/amai-zeg-wauw/1/amai-zeg-wauw-s1a24/

Small correction: the Dove has 3 versions (he says it at 38:13)

IllusionLover
4 hours ago, NewUsername said:

Hide contents

the "?" is because I was sometimes talking to the screen instead of listening :')

Then don't let miss kim near the dress.

Supersonic
14 hours ago, weed said:

Wtf @ throwing it away! Could've been donated, could've been deconstructed. $100,000??!?!? Insane. 

14 hours ago, Bowman said:

Why would you throw it away omg

14 hours ago, deactivated001 said:

Given the material, it was probably completely ruined. 

13 hours ago, androiduser said:

I truly and honestly don't believe it was "thrown away", it's just talk to create a story about the look... couture dresses are all archived by the big brands, and they can be repaired.

13 hours ago, LaLa said:

Some fabrics can of course but some don't do well with water (that's why dry cleaning exists for example). The feathers would be ruined for sure, and I think the fabric of the dress is silk organza which is also ruined by water. I have no trouble believing it was unsalvageable 

The dress was covered from head to toe with dyed ostrich feathers. Dyed ostrich feathers are not colorfast, which means once they come in contact with water, all the dye bleeds out of them. 

So probably all the feathers starting bleeding out their color out in the rain, which would have stained and damaged the fabric they were sewn onto. 

In order to repair that kind of damage, they would have probably had to pluck every single feather that was sewn onto the garment out, without further damaging the fabric underneath (basically impossible, you will rip the fabric in doing so), clean the base of the dress and sew new feathers on.

The manual labour for the repairs would have probably cost more than making a new one and you couldn‘t guarantee a successful repair on top.

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 3

NewUsername
4 hours ago, Auralegends said:

Small correction: the Dove has 3 versions (he says it at 38:13)

Thanks, that must have been one of those moments I was talking at the tv, instead of listening :')

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The dress was covered from head to toe with dyed ostrich feathers. Dyed ostrich feathers are not colorfast, which means once they come in contact with water, all the dye bleeds out of them. 

So probably all the feathers starting bleeding out their color out in the rain, which would have stained and damaged the fabric they were sewn onto. 

In order to repair that kind of damage, they would have probably had to pluck every single feather that was sewn onto the garment out, without further damaging the fabric underneath (basically impossible, you will rip the fabric in doing so), clean the base of the dress and sew new feathers on.

The manual labour for the repairs would have probably cost more than making a new one and you couldn‘t guarantee a successful repair on top.

Queen of fashion knowledge! Thank you for sharing. I still think it could have been deconstructed (with a value of... 100k) but thanks for telling me why it would be ruined.

7 hours ago, NewUsername said:

Reveal hidden contents

Such gowns often have duplicates in case something happens to them before/at the event. For example, there was another copy of Gaga's Met Gala "tent" gown, and if I remember correctly, the Golden Globe dress was probably left at the hotel because there was another copy.

Auralegends
1 hour ago, NewUsername said:

Thanks, that must have been one of those moments I was talking at the tv, instead of listening :')

Now we all know which country you're from, despite not telling on your profile

GIF by The Maury Show

NewUsername
4 hours ago, Auralegends said:

Now we all know which country you're from, despite not telling on your profile

GIF by The Maury Show

who says I don't have satellite tv? :sis::derpga:

• Shook 1