Final Girls, Who Is Better and Why?

Space Cowboy

Who Is The Better Final Girl?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is The Better Final Girl?

Featured Posts

Space Cowboy
1 hour ago, Oriane said:

I have only watched the first Scream but from what I'm reading in this thread, I'm having trouble understanding how a character who shows absolutely no sign of trauma is better than a character who actually shows the impact of what she's been through. Seems like bad writing and character development but maybe it was just impossible to explain with words :air:

I did see this rhetoric happen of "Oh Sidney because shes less traumatized". They are both traumatized, I don't know if I harken their characterization back to bad writing at all, they definitely aren't flawless as characters, who is? But I'd say that Sidney is the better final girl in terms of her resilience.

Edit: Also like you've said you've only seen one film out of both franchises.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tyler1992

This is the best thread! My winner.. Sidney Prescott! 

Laurie Strode was victim of circumstance and continued to be the victim.

Sidney never relented and was always a fighter. She also knew when to leave and protect herself.

Neve Campbell and Jamie Lee Curtis are ****ing incredible in the characters they created. 

Oriane
2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I did see this rhetoric happen of "Oh Sidney because shes less traumatized". They are both traumatized, I don't know if I harken their characterization back to bad writing at all, they definitely aren't flawless as characters, who is? But I'd say that Sidney is the better final girl in terms of her resilience.

Edit: Also like you've said you've only seen one film out of both franchises.

Yes, it's more based on how people described it!

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Space Cowboy
5 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

Sidney never relented and was always a fighter. She also knew when to leave and protect herself.

As said herself in Scream 2, while talking with the theatre director before rehearsals. Such a great scene. :heart:

Tyler1992
On 10/4/2023 at 9:43 AM, Space Cowboy said:

As said herself in Scream 2, while talking with the theatre director before rehearsals. Such a great scene. :heart:

And her complete absence from the last Scream is in complete contrast to Laurie.

Sidney went far away to protect her family, while Laurie’s family went into great peril. 

Archived