💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Reasons why Gaga Released a Single

crazygato

Featured Posts

Have you ever asked yourself why Gaga and co released certain songs as singles? Why do you think? Give us the reasons why!

Judas- to recreate BR/PF success 

MTN- to restart the BTW era (and because it's her best song ever)

G.U.Y.- to restart the ARTPOP era 

PI- to let us know she is becoming mature and serious

• Love 2

Head Empty

I think a lot of these choices are spearheaded by Interscope. Just look at their track record with changing singles. Judas was swiftly replaced by TEOG as a single, simply because TEOG charted decently as a promo single. Venus, along with the planned visuals, was scrapped altogether DWUW became a promo single. Interscope followed the money.

Interestingly, I recently rewatched a Joanne interview where Gaga said that she always wants the lead single to by unlike anything that's on the radio at time of release. Which rings true for all her lead singles up until Stupid Love. And I think she chose Stupid Love because she wanted to spread some joy.

Edited by Why am I on GGD
  • Like 1

TimotheeChalamet

Almost every single release was discussed with/pushed by her label (that doesn't mean she hadn't control over that, obviously she liked the songs and had her reasons, but she has to follow some rules): remember that scene in Five Foot Two when Bobby told her Million Reasons was peaking in streaming and that's why they went with it as a single

• Like 1

The cure - To improve her streaming

Rain on me - Because it was almost guaranteed it would be a hit having a big trendy pop star on it

Bloody Mary - Because it's TikTok virality went beyond expectations

Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.
  • Like 2

I think she cared a LOT more earlier on and doesn’t care quite as much about what singles are what anymore. Or if she does, you wouldn’t know it necessarily lmao but earlier on I think she chose her personal favorites as singles (alejandro vs DITD, for instance). And I think earlier on she trusted her taste and opinion enough that that was all that mattered to her. Lest we forget how often she said she knows what a hit is and the label has no clue. I don’t think the Gaga of today would be so brazen. But at that time she really thought highly of herself as a tastemaker so I think she went off gut for most of her opinions on singles. And tbh she wasn’t often wrong

• Like 6

10 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

Applause — because the label said so :hor:

Do what u want — because the label said so :hor:

With BTW it was the same. 

BTW- she wanted MTN but her label convinced her otherwise. 

Judas- because label said so 

TEOG- label said so 

YAI- label said so 

MTN- poor sis, was supose 2 b 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd, but was pushed to 6th!!!

• Thanks 1

Head Empty
1 hour ago, crazygato said:

I think she changed her mind as well. She knew the first single would get a lot of attention regardless of reception, since literally the whole world was anticipating her next release at that time. For that reason, she wanted BTW to be the first single in order for the message to reach as many people as possible.

Edited by Why am I on GGD
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, crazygato said:

It's still the best choice to date. The impact that BTW single had is unimaginable, the lives that she changed with how progressive and outspoken LGBT she was in 2011. I will forever be grateful to be young at that moment in time.

• Love 1