💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Police unveil final report in Travis Scott's Astroworld Tragedy

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

•  Just moments before rap superstar Travis Scott took the stage at the deadly 2021 Astroworld festival, a contract worker had been so worried about what might happen after seeing people getting crushed that he texted an event organizer saying, “Someone’s going to end up dead,” according to a police report released Friday.

• The police report: https://houstontx.gov/police/pdfs/Astroworld_Redacted_Final.pdf was released about a month after the grand jury in Houston declined to indict Scott on any criminal charges in connection with the deadly concert. 

•  Travis Scott told police someone in his earpiece told him to end the Astroworld concert after Drake's set, but insists he had no clue there was an emergency unfolding in the crowd. Travis says he was told in his earpiece ... "Yo Trav, you got to wrap it up, it's getting kinda hectic out there." Travis says there was no mention of the situation's severity.

•  Two backstage workers gave versions of what Scott heard while he was onstage that directly contradicted the musician’s account.
Travis was told before Drake went on stage that the concert had turned deadly, Hupkowizc ,a monitor system engineer, said. 
According to him, autotune operator Bilal “Bizzy” Joseph gave Scott a grim message.
“We need to hurry up and get to the Drake part of the show … three people have died,” Joseph told Travis, according to Hupkowizc. Still, the show went on. Drake took the stage. There seemed to be little pressure from the production team to cut off the music, Hupkowizc said.
Hupkowizc’s version of events was corroborated by another backstage engineer, who heard a slightly different message from Joseph to Travis : “Hey, we need to wrap this up, we got like two bodies in the ground.”

• The report says the security guard, Marty, made it backstage to the audio area to try and stop the show while Drake was performing. Marty said he made it clear to two members of Travis' team who allegedly had the ability to communicate with Travis that the concert needed to end, but he was blocked.
The man says Travis' team did not want to shut the show down because Drake had three more songs left ... and he says he told them the situation was "much bigger than Drake" but says Travis' team "actively impeded the ability for anyone to stop the show."

• One executive at a security company said working with Travis Scott had been “painful.” The artist often encouraged people to “rage,” and he often saw an uptick in the number of people pulled into medical tents for help.  Going into the show, he expected “mayhem.”

•  A 56-page event operations plan for the festival had detailed protocols for various dangerous scenarios, but it did not include information on what to do in the event of a crowd surge.

• Officer who was on patrol outside the venue two hours before the concert began confronted a woman who he believed had plans to hop the fence. 
He tried to discourage the woman letting her know there were 5 fences between her and the main event but she brushed him off stating that she wouldn’t stop. 
“He motivates us,” the woman told the officer.  “This is what he wants.”  She clarified that she meant Travis Scott.

• Executive assistant police chief, said he began making his way to the stage as soon as he learned that multiple people in the crowd weren’t breathing. He jumped over a barricade and ran to the control area, where three members of Scott’s team were overseeing the concert.  “I told the three men we had three people receiving CPR and we had to shut the show down immediately. One of the males responded by saying, ‘But they’re not dead.’ I yelled, ‘They might,’ and we had to shut down.”

•  Travis is still facing civil lawsuits over the deadly concert and if it turns out people on his team were blocking folks from stopping the show it could have legal consequences in those suits.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/07/28/astroworld-deaths-final-report-houston-police-travis-scott/
https://www.texastribune.org/2023/07/28/travis-scott-houston-concert-police-report/
https://apnews.com/article/astroworld-travis-scott-festival-deaths-police-report-4df425940590b0472b33dc6173857d8e

Edited by Teletubby
I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • Shook 15
  • Sad 11

Gohan

The way he's about to get away with It releasing a new album and also, he's a man :huntyga:

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Chromatography

“We need to hurry up and get to the Drake part of the show … three people have died,” 

bro you need to END the show. wtf…sometimes i think hell is real and there’s just no way i would end up in the same place as some of these people…like good god there’s bodies on the ground but drake needs to finish his set. where’s the blame on drake too? as if he didn’t know any of this was going on. but they’ll still be famous and make tons of money and live comfortably where the families and friends of the people who died will mourn the rest of their lives. it’s just so ****ing cruel. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Gagaism

This is all insane to me. And then having The Weekend (who is my fave male artist) and Beyoncé on his album is such a HUGE disappointment 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

Railing
10 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

This is all insane to me. And then having The Weekend (who is my fave male artist) and Beyoncé on his album is such a HUGE disappointment 

both of them are vultures who don't genuinely care about the people they claim to advocate for, and I hope more people realize that

• Like 6
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

ALGAYDO
57 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

Girl, Beyoncé and Abel don’t give a single fúck about anything besides themselves lol wbk sis 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Battle 4 Ur Life

trigger warning is missing on the OP. this is absolutely sinister and just really bad vibes. I am struggling to finish reading. not sure I will.

the way they react when there are two of their Fans ALREADY DEAD.

gross. evil.

these people will never have my respect.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."
  • Like 2

Starmie25
3 hours ago, Teletubby said:

We need to hurry up and get to the Drake part of the show … three people have died,”

:awkney:

That's messed up.

• Like 1

Gagaism
1 hour ago, Railing said:

both of them are vultures who don't genuinely care about the people they claim to advocate for, and I hope more people realize that

1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

Girl, Beyoncé and Abel don’t give a single fúck about anything besides themselves lol wbk sis 

I mean, at the end of the day we all know that at least 96% of these people are just like that, they just care about themselves. I’m mostly there just for the music but of course when you have some appreciation for an artist and it’s art you end up taking it close personally of course, you get some respect for them until stuff like this comes out. It’s just sad :oops:

• Like 1

RAMROD

So, when will Travis and his management team get arrested for this?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Thanks 1

Healed My Heart

This is so egregious. How did they learn all this and then not press charges?

She/her 💗💜💙
  • Thanks 1