Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga and Tony doc confirmed for September

LunaUniverse

Featured Posts

I think what people fail to recognise is that, as a public figure of such prominence, this is almost partly a kind of “State funeral”. 

It’s a way to honour the memory of Tony, celebrate the man and artist he was, recognise the impact he had on younger artists and give the public an opportunity to have one more moment with the Legendary Mr. Tony Bennett.

They aren’t going to hold an open casket funeral to the world, but this is a classy way to allow the public to remember Tony the way he and his family would want him to be remembered.

I’m sure it was planned to be released shortly after his passing in the same way that funerals can often be planned before a persons passing if it is known in advance that the person is dying.

I completely get the initial “ick” over a documentary coming so soon. There is a defensiveness towards Tony due to not wanting him exploited in death as some kind of cash grab. With that said, his family is heavily involved and it seems to be a way for them to honour him, to put a respectful close to his career and ensure his legacy is told from his perspective.

• Thanks 1

KindnessPunk

It feels like something that would come in November / around Thanksgiving? That would put it at one year since “One Last Time” premiered on 11/28 of last year. 

• Like 1