đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Troye Sivan - Rush

COOOK

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

But it’s not bc fat people are also enormously discriminated against, get bullied to ****, have a society against them, have hoooorrible stigmas to fight, etc. Saying their experience is not as bad bc you don’t know it is just silly. Whether you “agree” with it or not, you can still listen to what fat folks have to say about the experience and marginalization they experience routinely. It’s incomparable in the sense that no stigmatization is truly comparable to the next, but that doesn’t mean that what one experiences is lesser. Oppression Olympics ain’t setting anyone free. Where it *is* comparable, though, is that people will commonly tell both groups “well just so you know I don’t agree with your lifestyle and think it’s unhealthy” totally unprompted and unasked. That creates a world where some folks aren’t to exist in and that’s just not it. Not when we have so many bigger fish to fry.

My point is, though, feel your feelings, I can’t change that as you said, but I’d encourage you to also ask if it’s necessary to voice them when you know it’ll hurt someone and for what? It’s really very easy to choose what we put out into the world and it doesn’t have to be hurt especially when you personally are not being harmed.

Totally get where you’re coming from. I think he’s alluding to the fact you can change your body type, you can monitor what you eat, or how often you exercise - but you can’t change the fact you’re gay, straight, bi etc. no matter what. I think that’s where he was coming from. 

BloodyM
36 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Yeah like we separate body positivity and LGBTQ+ experience when that isn’t the reality anywhere, really! I, for one, have always had a better time when the space is diversified and I’m a skinny person! The burns are aaaalways higher because it’s so many different kinds of people being wild. That’s why diversity in parties is fun. You legit wind up not knowing what’ll happen next bc the people are so different from one another!

Exactly this! No need to have every single person in the music video with abs and muscled or skinny. As a young gay boy I struggled with mental health and ED from seeing all the men in the media with abs etc in the 2000s, 15 years later and we are still seeing no change. It is problemetic, more than many of you may think. 

• Like 3

Future Lovers
4 hours ago, River said:

Really proud of u that you're not feeling insecure by this video, I wish every person would feel the same, I just want to say that the video is not only for you, your experience with body positivity is not the same for others who are struggling with it, so their voice should be heard too and not being ignored.

The video is great, we're celebrating LGBTQ+ like never before this year, but we shouldn't ignore body positivity once again, the subject always takes a back sit instead of being in front with other subjects, because what's the point of celebrating our culture if at the end an overweight LGBTQ+ is not feeling good to be a part of the party because they feel ashamed to take their shirt off and feel ashamed of their body?

I don’t disagree that overweight individuals deserve to feel represented. Where I disagree with this particular discourse is that people want to look over every bit of representation in this video solely because there isn’t an overweight person it. 

The video has queer people of multiple races. gender expressions, and genders and it openly displays queerness as a bold and beautiful thing. To disregard all that because of the body types within it is really just looking to be upset about something. 

Does there need to be more representation for overweight people? Yeah. Of course. Is it reasonable to demand such a thing from a Troye Sivan poppers bottoming anthem music video? No. 

It’s another example of people who call for more representation of queer identities and then when they get it say “but not that way, it should’ve been this.” Nothing can ever been seen as a win, every bit of queer representation has to get critiqued by the community. 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Healed My Heart
13 hours ago, AURAOFSHEISSE said:

Yes, i'm fat-phobic if fat-phobic means I don't think being fat is healthy for anyone and wish that no-one was fat. 

p.s. sorry I don't find obesity and being overweight attractive and you cant convince me that's the norm, humans are naturally attracted to healthy individuals.

This is one of the most disgusting comments I've ever seen on GGD.

4 hours ago, Ziggy said:

But it’s not bc fat people are also enormously discriminated against, get bullied to ****, have a society against them, have hoooorrible stigmas to fight, etc. Saying their experience is not as bad bc you don’t know it is just silly. Whether you “agree” with it or not, you can still listen to what fat folks have to say about the experience and marginalization they experience routinely. It’s incomparable in the sense that no stigmatization is truly comparable to the next, but that doesn’t mean that what one experiences is lesser. Oppression Olympics ain’t setting anyone free. Where it *is* comparable, though, is that people will commonly tell both groups “well just so you know I don’t agree with your lifestyle and think it’s unhealthy” totally unprompted and unasked. That creates a world where some folks aren’t to exist in and that’s just not it. Not when we have so many bigger fish to fry.

My point is, though, feel your feelings, I can’t change that as you said, but I’d encourage you to also ask if it’s necessary to voice them when you know it’ll hurt someone and for what? It’s really very easy to choose what we put out into the world and it doesn’t have to be hurt especially when you personally are not being harmed.

VERY well said, thank you :holdmyhand:

She/her đź’—đź’śđź’™

NATAH
5 hours ago, Joshie said:

Come to London I’ll take you to Feel It Party, so fun. 

where in london is it? :partysick:

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

Healed My Heart
3 hours ago, Joshie said:

Totally get where you’re coming from. I think he’s alluding to the fact you can change your body type, you can monitor what you eat, or how often you exercise - but you can’t change the fact you’re gay, straight, bi etc. no matter what. I think that’s where he was coming from. 

I know this isn't a body positivity thread but I just want to mention why this is an incorrect assumption.

Not everyone can change their body type. People who have never struggled with their weight see it as a black and white situation - "just cut calories, eat healthier, and exercise." That may be true for some people but most definitely not for all. 

Various medical conditions, medication side effects, physical disability, genetics, lower socioeconomic status / lack of access to healthcare or proper grocery stores (read about food deserts if you haven't), etc. all can cause people to gain weight and/or make it extremely difficult if not impossible to lose weight. This is not purely an issue of willpower which is why it's awful to associate a higher weight with some sort of moral failure.

She/her đź’—đź’śđź’™
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

NATAH
1 minute ago, Healed My Heart said:

I know this isn't a body positivity thread but I just want to mention why this is an incorrect assumption.

Not everyone can change their body type. People who have never struggled with their weight see it as a black and white situation - "just cut calories, eat healthier, and exercise." That may be true for some people but most definitely not for all. 

Various medical conditions, medication side effects, physical disability, genetics, lower socioeconomic status / lack of access to healthcare or proper grocery stores (read about food deserts if you haven't), etc. all can cause people to gain weight and/or make it extremely difficult if not impossible to lose weight. This is not purely an issue of willpower which is why it's awful to associate a higher weight with some sort of moral failure.

absolutely nailed it! @AURAOFSHEISSE this is exactly why your comment is out of pocket and fatphobic

mother, what must i do?
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3

Flippy
5 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

Exactly! And this is why you’re such a kindness queen! :kara:

Love you!

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

NATAH
21 minutes ago, Joshie said:

Omeara, London Bridge every Friday noight henny. 

if only i didn't work saturdays :messga:

mother, what must i do?
  • Sad 1

Ziggy
5 hours ago, Joshie said:

Yeaaaahhh I get that but plenty of people can’t change that. That’s such a big misconception about bodies! But even if you can lbr and also note that luxury time to exercise, cook food, etc. factually just doesn’t exist for everyone. Having time and energy from jobs that don’t take tolls on your body is a real modern luxury and a huuuuge class differential 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Magneto
17 hours ago, Healed My Heart said:

Perfectly said! Another addition: people love to hide fatphobic remarks behind a concern for people's health, which let's be honest... they don't. But even if that would be the case, shaming and bullying are not gonna change the situation

Free my mind
  • Love 1

Magneto
19 hours ago, Future Lovers said:

I don’t disagree that overweight individuals deserve to feel represented. Where I disagree with this particular discourse is that people want to look over every bit of representation in this video solely because there isn’t an overweight person it. 

The video has queer people of multiple races. gender expressions, and genders and it openly displays queerness as a bold and beautiful thing. To disregard all that because of the body types within it is really just looking to be upset about something. 

Does there need to be more representation for overweight people? Yeah. Of course. Is it reasonable to demand such a thing from a Troye Sivan poppers bottoming anthem music video? No. 

It’s another example of people who call for more representation of queer identities and then when they get it say “but not that way, it should’ve been this.” Nothing can ever been seen as a win, every bit of queer representation has to get critiqued by the community. 

Another case of whataboutism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism). The fact that Troye has representations in other ways in this video is of course amazing, but that doesn't take away from the critique presented here: diversity in body types. You talk about representation of overweight people, but there's more between lean and muscular and overweight. Now it's just two body types being represented that are already highly valued in the queer community leaving people with different body types feeling undesired. The fact that this is a " poppers bottoming anthem music video" which is meant to be sexy only to present a certain body type perpetuates this stigma. This is of course not Troye's sole responsibility, but it was definitely a missed opportunity in my book

Free my mind

Arcanum
On 7/13/2023 at 8:10 PM, Way0ut said:

Mawma this is G A Y and I live. My partying days are over so this made me nostalgic in the best way. 

This.

The song screams sweet old Saturday summer nights late teens/early 20s when you could drink, dance and work the next day without sleep.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.
  • Love 1