Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

[1080i Music Videos] Bad Romance, Just Dance, Poker Face (Palladia)

DevilFeeL

Featured Posts

pink sushi

Thanks so much :D

Random question- is Bad Romance jumpy for everybody or do I need to re-download? :flop:

Mine is like that too.....i think its the file. :dry: Re-downloading won't help. The file is just not good....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All upconverted - the videos were never released in HD (and most likely not shot in HD, either, except for maybe Bad Romance)

Actually, Just Dance is true HD. The other ones are upscaled, though.

People still pretending these videos were never shot in HD. :rollsweat:

What's up with that?

Why wouldn't have music videos shot in 2008/9 been shot in HD?

Expensive location, clothing, extras, post-production... let's shoot it on a flipcam lol 380p for lyf

Use Media Player Classic. VLC gets iffy with some 1080i files, but Media Player Classic handles them a lot better.

Thanks!

Will try- thanks :)

Mine is like that too.....i think its the file. :dry: Re-downloading won't help. The file is just not good....

That sucks :(

Actually, Just Dance is true HD. The other ones are upscaled, though.

Really? I didn't bother downloading because I have another Palladia version and it was not true HD. I wasn't aware they shot it in HD? Why would they shoot Gaga's first (low-budget) video in HD but not her others? (ex. poker face, lovegame)

What's up with that?

Why wouldn't have music videos shot in 2008/9 been shot in HD?

Expensive location, clothing, extras, post-production... let's shoot it on a flipcam lol 380p for lyf

Bad Romance looks like it was filmed on a flipcam. Probably was filmed in HD, but the cut they gave us is so terrible. I wish they'd release them in 1080p if they have it sitting around...

Every video was filmed in HD (probably 4k, actually), it's just that they chose to publish them in SD because HD videos weren't really necessary back in 2008/09.

I really hope we them all in full, true HD some day, or whatever the highest quality they were filmed in is.

Particularly Bad Romance.

It really is one of GaGa's greatest pieces of work and yet all we have is a ****ty version.

It's odd that the demand for it has never convinced her/somebody on her team to release it in some way.

I imagine youtube wouldn't work unless they could transfer the view count.

Maybe one day when she releases a 'Greatest Hits' album we will get a lovely Blu-ray to go with it *we can only hope*

Every video was filmed in HD (probably 4k, actually), it's just that they chose to publish them in SD because HD videos weren't really necessary back in 2008/09.

Receipts? xD.

Obviously they weren't filmed with a flipcam, but we don't really know what quality they WERE filmed in. Not to mention that even if they WERE filmed in HD, we'll never get them because none of the editing/special effects were processed in HD, so it's not like they have a fully-edited HD version of the videos just lying around.

Receipts? xD.

Obviously they weren't filmed with a flipcam, but we don't really know what quality they WERE filmed in. Not to mention that even if they WERE filmed in HD, we'll never get them because none of the editing/special effects were processed in HD, so it's not like they have a fully-edited HD version of the videos just lying around.

I don't need proof, it's common sense lol. They would never film a video in SD.

I don't need proof, it's common sense lol. They would never film a video in SD.

In 2008, on Gaga's debut (budget-less) single? Hmm.

In 2008, on Gaga's debut (budget-less) single? Hmm.

No? :fail: videos are NOT filmed in SD, maybe in 1972. They need high quality video for editing, like in situations where they might need to zoom in on a shot or manipulate a part of it. It might've been edited in SD or just rendered in SD, but they wouldn't film it in SD no matter what the budget was.

And then what about LoveGame or Paparazzi? We don't have HD versions of those as far as I know (maybe Paparazzi but that might've been an upscale), and at that point she was already one of the biggest pop stars at the time, so the budget excuse wouldn't be valid.

No? :fail: videos are NOT filmed in SD, maybe in 1972. They need high quality video for editing, like in situations where they might need to zoom in on a shot or manipulate a part of it. It might've been edited in SD or just rendered in SD, but they wouldn't film it in SD no matter what the budget was.

And then what about LoveGame or Paparazzi? We don't have HD versions of those as far as I know (maybe Paparazzi but that might've been an upscale), and at that point she was already one of the biggest pop stars at the time, so the budget excuse wouldn't be valid.

Okay - at least we agree on this point: it was edited/rendered in SD. Therefore, no matter what format it may or may not have been shot in, we will NOT be getting a True HD version of these videos.

The reason she transitioned to releasing HD videos with Telephone is because that's when it became an industry standard. Prior to that time, a very small amount of music videos were released in HD (also due to the fact that not many music stations aired in HD).

Archived