💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Artists Who Abandoned Their Fanbases

COOOK

Featured Posts

COOOK

Do y'all agree? What other artists do you have in mind?

Some comments:

Spoiler

"Chloe Bailey was the first artist that came to my mind. When Chloe and her sister first started off, they attracted and ult r&b fanbase, however, it seems like her record label is pushing for/ trying to capitalize off a more urban audience based off her recent collabs, music, and who she surrounds herself with (Gunna, Chris Brown). It’s sad because the audience she is trying to appeal to are the ones that tear her apart the most."

"It’s unfortunate but the case with Shawn Mendes is that his fan base is growing up and moving on. He’s no longer a teen heartthrob"

"The problem with Shawn, was the moment he started dating Camila he became cringe. The hate Camila got rubbed off on him. And they were EVERYWHERE, we got sick of them."

"Miley Cyrus is someone who is always rebranding. With Plastic Hearts, it felt like she finally found her sound in rock music. Her voice fit it so well and I thought she would stick with it. With Flowers, it seems like she is bouncing all over the place with different genres again. I don't really get it"

"Usher : He was hailed as the King of R&B but abandoned his mantle to chase EDM hits in the early 2010s. His pivot to dance music was commercially successful but alienated fans of the genre he was supposedly king of. Once the EDM trend died down he returned to his R&B/Soul roots but by then his core fanbase had been eroded by the jaded fans who had checked out."

• Like 3

RAMROD
6 minutes ago, Auralegends said:

Gaga

You sees the opportunity and you took it :ororomunroe:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 16

NATAH
18 minutes ago, Auralegends said:

Gaga

and for good reason, this fanbase was nasty to her in 2013

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 8

bionic

Don't agree with Usher. Most of his fans from the 2000s were the same as the 2010s. The problem was that post Looking 4 Myself the music became trash.

Shawn Mendes is 100% right. He aged, his fans aged, and they discovered there's better music from more talented artists. I don't know what he can do to recover his career. I can't see a major transformation for him.

buy bionic
  • Like 2

holy scheisse
26 minutes ago, Auralegends said:

Gaga

gaga would never abandon her little customers:ororomunroe:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 29

OMonster

I think that Gaga is an obvious omission from the list. "Abandoned" is an overly emotional word but she certainly - and very consciously so - deprioritised her core fanbase with C2C, Joanne and ASIB. And whilst Chromatica was obvious fan-service (and I would say to the detriment of her own genuine investment), since then, she's continued to not follow or listen to what her fans want... with all of Haus Labs, L4S and Joker. There is no question that the Gaga of TF-AP was absolutely driven by a desire to please her fans. But since then... no. For her own mental health and artistic integrity, she mostly refuses to do what her fans crave from her... for better or worse. I mean, compare her output to Taylor's and the difference is night and day. One artist sometimes seems to make it their mission to actively avoid fan service whilst the other has climbed to the top by doing exactly that. 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 18
  • LMAO 2
  • Thanks 7

COOOK
3 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I think that Gaga is an obvious omission from the list. "Abandoned" is an overly emotional word but she certainly - and very consciously so - deprioritised her core fanbase with C2C, Joanne and ASIB. And whilst Chromatica was obvious fan-service (and I would say to the detriment of her own genuine investment), since then, she's continued to not follow or listen to what her fans want... with all of Haus Labs, L4S and Joker. There is no question that the Gaga of TF-AP was absolutely driven by a desire to please her fans. But since then... no. For her own mental health and artistic integrity, she mostly refuses to do what her fans crave from her... for better or worse. I mean, compare her output to Taylor's and the difference is night and day. One artist sometimes seems to make it their mission to actively avoid fan service whilst the other has climbed to the top by doing exactly that. 

one thing is taking a step back from engaging online with your fanbase, and another is abandoning the fanbase with your work. she just has more things on her plate. with her new ventures she's giving us 50/50 because she's still doing pop, the only difference is that this time we need to learn to be more patient for what little monsters most want from her so i don't think this is abandoning, nor do i think this applies to her- yet.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

OMonster
2 minutes ago, COOOK said:

one thing is taking a step back from engaging online with your fanbase, and another is abandoning the fanbase with your work. she just has more things on her plate. with her new ventures she's giving us 50/50 because she's still doing pop, the only difference is that this time we need to learn to be more patient for what little monsters most want from her so i don't think this is abandoning, nor do i think this applies to her- yet.

Well, I did say "abandoned" is an overly emotional word. But I disagree that she just happens to have more things on her plate. That's a conscious decision from her to have more things on her plate that aren't designed to please her core fan base. She knows that; her team knows that. She and her team made a conscious decision post-AP to grow her fanbase and stop serving the same core segment of it. I would say the fact that "little monsters have to be more patient for what they want most want from her" is a symptom of this. The fan base wouldn't have to "wait longer" if they were "her" priority... but we are waiting and that's because the core LM community is no longer "her" priority. Partly because of her own desire for artistic development and expansion but also (I think undeniably) because her core fan base is no longer as lucratively monetisable. As in, pop music no longer sells as well as it once did. Hence why Haus Labs is a thing. Although I recognise those projects are also the result of Gaga wanting to do more (and not just for the sake of money) but I have no doubt that the commercial decline of her pop music has contributed to those projects being green-lit in the first place.

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

Teletubby

Normani

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀
  • LMAO 6

Bronco
18 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Well, I did say "abandoned" is an overly emotional word. But I disagree that she just happens to have more things on her plate. That's a conscious decision from her to have more things on her plate that aren't designed to please her core fan base. She knows that; her team knows that. She and her team made a conscious decision post-AP to grow her fanbase and stop serving the same core segment of it. I would say the fact that "little monsters have to be more patient for what they want most want from her" is a symptom of this. The fan base wouldn't have to "wait longer" if they were "her" priority... but we are waiting and that's because the core LM community is no longer "her" priority. Partly because of her own desire for artistic development and expansion but also (I think undeniably) because her core fan base is no longer as lucratively monetisable. As in, pop music no longer sells as well as it once did. Hence why Haus Labs is a thing. Although I recognise those projects are also the result of Gaga wanting to do more (and not just for the sake of money) but I have no doubt that the commercial decline of her pop music has contributed to those projects being green-lit in the first place.

I think the issue with comparing Pre & Post ARTPOP Gaga is people don't always recognise the amount of label pressure she was under particularly between the Fame's success & her injury in the BTW Ball. 

If you actually look at her release cadence from Just Dance through to the injury in the BTW Ball I don't think the label ever let her breathe. And as fans we all got used to the speed so any departure from that seems like being ignored or deprioritised. 
But realistically in the modern pop industry it's not normal to have the back to back constant release schedule unless the artists are being drained for every penny possible before being dispossed of by the label (like the Kpop model). And you do see in any artist like Ed or Ari where releases are near back to back that quality and engagement dips over time. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Roronoa

I love Chromatica so I’ll be patient for new music. No matter how long it may take I’ll wait because she always delivers (the exception being HMH cuz that song is republican). 

That being said.. I don’t think LG7 is coming any time soon. Gonna be a long drought for the gays. 

Edited by Roronoa
  • LMAO 3