Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Royal Blood are slammed after mocking fans during on-stage meltdown

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Rock duo Royal Blood have come under fire after a bizarre on-stage meltdown at BBC Radio One's Big Weekend, during which they openly swore and mocked 'pathetic fans'.

After being sandwiched between mainstream pop acts Niall Horan and Lewis Capaldi, Royal Blood's frontman Mike Kerr began mocking the audience and suggested they didn't know who the band were.  

'Well I guess we should introduce ourselves considering no one knows who we actually are,' he began. 
'We're called Royal Blood and this is rock music. Who likes rock music? Nine people... brilliant.'

Introducing his bandmates, he added: 'This is Ben Thatcher and he plays drums... everybody say hi to Ben please.
'We're having to clap ourselves because that was so pathetic. Well done Ben.'
Pointing to the cameraman on stage he then snapped: 'Will you clap for us? Will you clap? No you're busy. Oh yes even he's clapping. What does that say about you?'

As the set came to a close, Kerr then slammed his guitar on stage and walked off with his middle fingers in the air to the audience. 

Following their dramatic performance, the band began receiving criticism online after a clip of the incident emerged. source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀
  • LMAO 6

Bronco

If you don't like an audience who may not know who you are - don't agree to play at a festival that attracts a different crowd to your usual

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Cello

Not everyone in a festival crowd will be a fan of yours lol :messga:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶
  • Like 10

River

i-don't-know-her.-mariah-carey.gif

even after reading this article

mariahcarey-dontknowher.gif

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 4

Helxig
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

If you don't like an audience who may not know who you are - don't agree to play at a festival that attracts a different crowd to your usual

And maybe try to make a good impression to show them what you've got and win them over... If you start out insulting a crowd their energy is only going to dip from there. If I were there I would've been happy to enjoy their music without knowing them, but after the attitude I'd be like nah **** this and tune them out

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Head Empty

Anyways, stream this anthem. Happens to be my favorite song of theirs for no particular reason :vegas:

Edited by Why am I on GGD

NATAH

i absolutely love royal blood why couldn't they have just stood there and played their silly little songs

Embarrassed Meme GIF by The Simpsons

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 13

Cello
2 minutes ago, Helxig said:

And maybe try to make a good impression to show them what you've got and win them over... If you start out insulting a crowd their energy is only going to dip from there. If I were there I would've been happy to enjoy their music without knowing them, but after the attitude I'd be like nah **** this and tune them out

This. Surely it's your job as an entertainer to win people over with your performance 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶
  • Like 1

weed

Lol did they expect the crowd to literally SH*T themselves when they came on stage? Do they even have a fan base like that? Embarrassing for them lol 

alsemanche

All this for a crowd that was literally cheering for them? :air:

Edited by alsemanche
Soft, soothing, and succulent
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

TimotheeChalamet

this attitude reminds me of Fall Out Boy playing before Linkin Park in Milan 9 years ago. There were a lot of people frying in the heat and most of them (included me) came for Linkin Park, and when they noticed they started to get petty lol

• LMAO 1