Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

The Guardian criticizes Taylor Swift’s lack of support for the LGBTQIA+ community

Teletubby

Featured Posts

faysalaaa1
25 minutes ago, salty like sodium said:

it's a very simple choice though: if you don't challenge hate, you are tolerating and indirectly empowering it.

So? not everyone has to stop hate!

I know someone who went crazy trying to change the world and stop hate. She became better and healthy after focusing on herself, and gaving up the idea of trying to change the world.

Some people like Daryl Davis try to stop hate by showing more love to racists! I wouldnt recommend it to everyone, but it works with certain kind of people like him.

So every person is different in a different stage in life, and everyone has a different approach, we cant hold people accountable for not changing the world and stopping hate the way we want it.

Its not like you are actually against hate, you are just focused on a very specific kind of hate that benefits your political bubble and circle. While leaving 99% of the worlds hate aside because it doesnt benefit you.

Edited by faysalaaa1
  • Sad 1

Controversiaga

Imo this is a reach.  It’s not someone’s fault if they live in Florida who is LGBTQ and are a Taylor swift fan. It’s not easy to just move to another state.

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Pennywise
4 minutes ago, ControversiaGa said:

It’s not someone’s fault if they live in Florida who is LGBTQ and are a Taylor swift fan. It’s not easy to just move to another state.

not to attack you because I don't have anything against you but, like, tell this to trans people who MUST move out of Florida because of DeSantis' policies. She could at least say something about that, even if nothing else. Not that she "must", but that she, morally, should. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 7

PartySick
1 hour ago, NichuuB said:

Taylor Swift should be sent to Jail to pay for her crimes, and im tired of pretending she shouldnt

Nico spilling the truth as always :applause:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
18 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

not to attack you because I don't have anything against you but, like, tell this to trans people who MUST move out of Florida because of DeSantis' policies. She could at least say something about that, even if nothing else. Not that she "must", but that she, morally, should. 

(Not me quoting you again, I'm not stalking, I promise)

Are you up to date on trans policies in FL? DeSantis just signed a law that allows the state to take custody of genderqueer children and now trans ADULTS must get consent from a medical board before being ALLOWED to transition (and the board is directly staffed by the governor's office).

Florida is easily the least safe state to be trans or even queer in at this point :rip:

Get me out!

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • Love 1

SharkmanthaC
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Nico spilling the truth as always :applause:

:interestinga:

she/her/hers
  • LMAO 1

PartySick
4 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

:interestinga:

Help I'm being attacked by a Swiftie!

R u 🌈? 🤨📷
  • LMAO 6

Reginald

The Matty Healy exposé, alone, makes me question how genuine she is, or if this is all an act. 

You are the company you keep :yennefer:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

ALGAYDO
3 hours ago, faysalaaa1 said:

Not everyone with a large platform has to be an activist though.

Lets say Taylor spoke up about LGBTQ+ issues, but what about Slave Labor? Guantanamo Bay? Yemen War? Jailing American Journalists?

It seems like there is only one specific script for a female pop star to be an activist, and it doesnt involve anything serious, just go on stage and wear a rainbow outfit with drag queens twerking around you.

What is this whataboutism lol 

• Like 4

faysalaaa1
17 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

What is this whataboutism lol 

Sometimes whataboutism is a valid way to make an argument, and sometimes its not. 

Edited by faysalaaa1

urgirl

oh yeah cuz Taylor swift is our societies moral lighthouse:D I love western culture we are so enlightened:D

urgirl

how are you going to be literate and chose to use that skill to read about POPSTARS AND ****ING SEXUAL ORIENTATION POLITICS, MOST BRAIN NUMBING **** EVER

• Sad 2

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Help I'm being attacked by a Swiftie!

You Deserve This GIF by Peloton

she/her/hers
  • LMAO 1

Okinawa

How genuine could this LGBTIQ-support be from such artists if it is socially enforced, if it is the result of social pressure? If they have to say it to please you and wouldn't say it, if you didn't force them to say it, what is it's real value? If you go on a date, and your dating partner doesn't say anything nice about you in first place, and you complain about it, and then he says sth. you wanna hear, what is the value of it?

80% of pop stars support for the LGBTIQ-scene are empty decoration phrases, most pop stars are indifferent towards the scene, that does not necessairly mean they dislike the queer scene. Just b/c they say they like or support sth. that does not mean, they really do. There is so much fake support.

There are some artists (Lady Gaga) that truly cared from the beginning and BEFORE it was an expectation. When Lady Gaga says sth about this issue, I believe she is honest about it b/c she has a consistent and trustworthy history of support for the community, but when others say it that don't really have link to the community, I'm sceptical about it.

You know, so many people say so nice powerful words about LGBTIQ people, yet when they go dating they mysteriously exclude them, it happens even within the community itself, they praise them yet they don't have LGBTIQ people in their friendship circles.

And then trans people who get support form the LGBTIQ community, yet so many of them are alone on dating sites b/c they are excluded by the other queers who want trans people to shine, but not shine with them in their lives.

I prefer to judge people by their actions and not words. Talk is cheap anyway.

Edited by LoliLux
~We are Reel Cool~

holy scheisse

Taylor clearly stands with the lgbtq+ community. And she took a risk in making her values known because her original fan base did consist largely of country fans and straight people lol. But yes let’s attack an ally and misplace our anger for the conservative politicians who are actually destroying our rights  how dare Taylor not change everything by preaching to her fans who largely already share her values 

noboey at Taylor’s show (given how such a HOT MESS it was to even get tickets) is gonna be someone that’s unaware of where she stands on this issue—Especially when she sings you need to calm down to make it explicitly clear and has a bunch of queer queens dancing around on her stage all night up until the very last song. It was a queer friendly space 

This sites miserable day in n day out :traumatica:

• Like 1