Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 in Malmö, Sweden

Dutch

Featured Posts

Dutch

Stanning Ukraine and Austria was such a good investment. 

Dutch
Posted (edited)

Ukraine surpassed Italy in the odds!

Joe Biden Russia GIF by GIPHY News

Edited by Dutch
  • YAAAS 1

sara57
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Nah. They already were at 20% before yesterdays rehearsal. 

You are obviously from Croatia and like all the fans over there y’all just keep defending your act without allowing any criticism. 

I'm not defending anyone nor I'm hating on anyone, I'm just stating facts = numbers. Croatia rose from 17 to 23% (and 1st place in the odds) in the last 24 hours and that's a fact, not my or anyone's opinion. As well as Ukraine did since they had a stunning rehearsal photos+clip, on behalf of Switzerland/The Netherlands/Italy. 

4 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Also the majority of the people I see supporting them online are croats, who can’t vote for themselves 

I'll just mention that Croatia won OGAE Poll plus they've been holding 1st place in Eurovision World's survey for weeks now, almost 150,000 people voted and no you can't vote for your own country so none of Baby Lasagna's votes are coming from Croatia. Again, you may like it or not but these are facts. 

:trollga:

That still doesn't mean they'll win the whole thing and it doesn't matter after all. It's just nice to see that such a small country that never won ESC is one of the main contenders this year with the song that almost didn't compete in the NF. 

Edited by sara57

Juanlittlem
26 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Austria has THE girl bop of the season. I don’t make the rules.

020524_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_2116

COME THROUGH

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • YAAAS 1

SwissMonster
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, sara57 said:

I'll just mention that Croatia won OGAE Poll plus they've been holding 1st place in Eurovision World's survey for weeks now, almost 150,000 people voted and no you can't vote for your own country so none of Baby Lasagna's votes are coming from Croatia. Again, you may like it or not but these are facts. 

Well fact is also Italy won eurojury, Switzerland is leading INFE and won Wiwi Jury and both Italy and Switzerland are above Croatia on Eurovision Scoreboard. 

Also I am also just stating my opinion and views that I do think the song is basic just as the staging, what about the staging makes it stand out? And I also didn’t speak about polls I just stayed that you can notice A LOT of croats supporting the song on social media, thats all. And ofc thats great that eurovision seems to unite croatia and that people are passionate about their fave entry. But others can also dislike the song ans have the opinion that they are not winning.

I think top 3 for now will be Switzerland, Ukraine and Netherlands in no particular order

Edited by SwissMonster
SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

wolfga

rooting for croatia, serbia, and slovenia <3

Spoiler

took a lil break from esc this year so i only heard those songs LOL

Blame it on the doctor He went and took a bite of my heart but it brought me to life
  • YAAAS 1

Levine
37 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Ukraine surpassed Italy in the odds!

Joe Biden Russia GIF by GIPHY News

But this happened after Italy's rehearsals?

I'm italian but I don't want her to win lol she's so fake, an industry plant.

Dutch
27 minutes ago, Levine said:

But this happened after Italy's rehearsals?

Both. Ukraine had two great rehearsal days so they did rise, while the leak from Italy was bad and so they fall. Resulting in this, nnn. I’ve seen a lot of Italians hating their own song, but it’s in my top 5 nnn

• Thanks 1

Dutch

Last second rehearsal of the day is from Latvia. Next up is the first rehearsal from the big 5 and Sweden.

020524_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_2156

sara57
33 minutes ago, Levine said:

What, why an industry plant? :enigma: I adore her song, it's been on repeat on my Spotify for weeks

Dutch

Malta. On a loop.

• LMAO 3

Dutch

Did we share the Malta clip? It’s great.

Dutch
Posted (edited)

Rehearsal 1: United Kingdom - Olly Alexander - Dizzy

First up today is the UK’s Olly Alexander, singing his song Dizzy. He’s a very well-known and long-established performer in the UK, as well as an award-winning actor.

Very helpfully, we received some staging notes from the UK delegation for this performance – here’s how they describe what we’re currently watching:

Olly Alexander's Eurovision performance transports viewers into a post- apocalyptic dystopian boxing gym locker room, aboard a spaceship hurtling toward Earth through a black hole in 1985!

We’re not making this up, we promise. Essentially there’s a big room set on stage, lined with dirty tiles and shower heads – this whole thing feels like a grittier version of George Michael’s Outside, so very much the vibe of the official video. Olly’s four male dancers are wearing (the bare minimum of) red boxing gear, and the camera angles keep changing so it feels like the room is rotating, backed by a spinning black hole graphics on the LED. It really does feel like they’re in a dirty locker room hurtling through space.

In short, it’s VERY ambitious and mind-blowing bit of staging, with a gym bag full of special effects that mean it only really comes to life on screen.

Also a note on the song arrangement – to our ears, there’s a new middle eight with extra strings, and the build to the final chorus is different.

🧨 PYRO UPDATE! Loads of sparks and fireworks at the end, which make it feels like the set is malfunctioning, then a final big bang. Photos coming soon!

020524_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_2171

020524_Sarah%20Louise%20Bennett_EBU_2175

Edited by Dutch

Dutch

OMG not the UK being back in the battle for the win. 

• PartySick locked this topic
  • River unpinned this topic