Take that back

angry table throw GIF

I wanted Annalisa's Can't Get You Out Of My Head to win :emma:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • YAAAS 1

Dutch
2 minutes ago, River said:

I wanted Annalisa's Can't Get You Out Of My Head to win :emma:

I mean agree, though Mahmood would probably have a even bigger chance. I can see misses boring still win. 

River
1 minute ago, Dutch said:

I mean agree, though Mahmood would probably have a even bigger chance. I can see misses boring still win. 

I liked Mahmood's song but it was too similar to Soldi :emma:

Juanlittlem
25 minutes ago, Dutch said:

11:10 CEST Rehearsal 2: 🇸🇲 San Marino – Megara – 11/11

Have we had enough coffee this morning? Not yet. Does it matter? Also no. Because Megara from San Marino are waking up the whole arena with their rock anthem 11:11. Their rehearsal started at 11:13, which is one of those things we will all just have to learn to live with.

Megara are still in the pink and black fur we saw at Una Voce per San Marino, but a slightly different design with added zebra stripes. The LED wall shows a pink and black animation with lots of spooky trees and dragons that feels like a fairy story – the whole thing comes together as a really cohesive bit of staging that feels fun, uplifting and very LOUD.

There’s a really fun dance routine that runs through this whole performance, which we don’t usually see with big rock bands, but Megara are definitely here to entertain – there’s even a moment at the end where Kenzy takes off her fur coat to reveal a new outfit featuring pink PVC armour with a dinosaur spine. We’re also happy to report that the flamenco dance break from the official video has made it to Malmö, with Megara’s two dancers shedding their fur coats to reveal skeleton bodysuits and fur boots.

🔥 PYRO UPDATE: smoke AND flame balls, with a huge fiery finish. If you have tickets for the arena standing area, dress for warm weather.

GMZ4voUX0AAXggV?format=jpg&name=large

We like to party, but we love rock!

Fun Dancing GIF by LLIMOO

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • LMAO 1

Dutch
Posted (edited)

11:50 CEST Rehearsal 3: 🇬🇪 Georgia – Nutsa Buzaladze - Firefighter

Time for Georgia to rehearse, with Nutsa Buzaldze singing her dance track Firefighter. She’s competed in a singing competition or two, including American Idol in 2023, where she made the final. Yes, actual American Idol. She did a duet of Can’t Get You Out Of My Head with Kylie Minogue. This feels like a Eurovision fever dream, but there’s video evidence and everything.

Anyway, we know from pre-party season that Nutsa has some powerhouse vocals, and she’s definitely brought them to Malmö. She starts alone on stage on a raised plinth, under a red spotlight and backed by red smoky graphics. At the end of the first verse she’s joined on buy four male dancers in black (with shirts) – it’s a VERY polished, high-energy dance routine with the LED graphics building through the song into sparking balls of flame.

Nutsa’s costume is a shiny gold mini-dress paired with boots – she doesn’t miss a note, despite the energetic routine. Pyro update (surely? SURELY?) and photos coming soon!

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 PYRO UPDATE: SO. MANY. FLAMES 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

rehearsals-day-4-live-blog-v0-qo1q18mckl

GMaEG9fXsAAVXPV?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Dutch

Dutch
15 minutes ago, Dutch said:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 PYRO UPDATE: SO. MANY. FLAMES 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Fuego.

eleni foureira fire GIF by Eurovision Song Contest

Dutch
Posted (edited)

12:30: Rehearsal 4: 🇧🇪 Belgium - Mustii - Before The Party’s Over

Time for Belgium’s Mustii now, rehearsing his dramatic ballad Before The Party’s Over. Mustii is a well-known name in Belgium - he’s a singer, actor and judge on Belgium’s version of Drag Race.

This performance brings a lot of the intense, slow-build mood we saw in the official video, with a circle of microphones on a smoky platform that slowly turns, and lots of cloudy graphics on the wall and floor. Mustii is wearing an open white shirt with a gem-encrusted top underneath that catches the arena light – it’s giving North Macedonia 2021 vibes, but more glam rock and less disco ball.

For the final section Mustii moves to front stage and lifts the roof off the arena – backing vocals for this song are provided by hundreds of Eurovision fans, so it’s very much a United By Music effort. The pounding drums at the end vibrate through the arena floor until you feel in your chest - definitely another hold your breath moment from this year. Photos coming soon!

rehearsals-day-4-live-blog-v0-2qx9y8c8ql

GMaMdVRWQAAoc6D?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Dutch
  • YAAAS 1

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, River said:

@SwissMonster I'm gonna watch it in Italy just so I can vote for Switzerland

I want to go to the eurovision next year so bad lol:emma:

If Switzerland will win, in which city do u think it'll be?

Yasss!

Well apperently RTS has a list ready for a long time. I recently read an interview with someone from the swiss delagation I‘m not sure. They citys in question were Zürich, Basel, Bern or Geneva.

I doubt it will be geneva tho cause they would need to change the arena up a bit to fit the minimum of viewers required for Eurovision.

Bern could host it as its the capital city of Switzerland but there isn‘t really an international airport and the city doesn’t have that many hotel options tbh.

So I personally think it will be Zürich or Basel. Zürich would be the obvious choice, biggest city, big international airport, a lot of hotels. The Arena is as big as Liverpools I would say. The Problem there is that there is no space directly at the venue for press, green room etc. Thats why Basel could take it too tho. The venue is as big and has more facilities right next to it (for press, green room etc.). It has a smaller international airport and Zürich airport is just 50mins away. Also Basel is directly at the border to France and Germany, if they want it to have it more european meaning lmao. 
So it will be probably Zürich and maybe Basel :vegas:

But definitely to soon to think about it lmao, we should not jinx it sksjsk. The competition is so close and good

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999
  • Thanks 1

River
Just now, SwissMonster said:

Yasss!

Well apperently RTS has a list ready for a long time. I recently read an interview with someone from the swiss delagation I‘m not sure. They citys in question were Zürich, Basel, Bern or Geneva.

I doubt it will be geneva tho cause they would need to change the arena up a bit to fit the minimum of viewers required for Eurovision.

Bern could host it as its the capital city of Switzerland but there isn‘t really an international airport and the city doesn’t have that many hotel options tbh.

So I personally think it will be Zürich or Basel. Zürich would be the obvious choice, biggest city, big international airport, a lot of hotels. The Arena is as big as Liverpools I would say. The Problem there is that there is no space directly at the venue for press, green room etc. Thats why Basel could take it too tho. The venue is as big and has more facilities right next to it (for press, green room etc.). It has a smaller international airport and Zürich airport is just 50mins away. Also Basel is directly at the border to France and Germany, if they want it to have it more european meaning lmao. 
So it will be probably Zürich and maybe Basel :vegas:

But definitely to soon to think about it lmao, we should not jinx it sksjsk. The competition is so close and good

yeah Zurich is the best choice, I got the impression that Basel is an expo events city, Bern and Geneva are too far, I still need to visit there lol

yeaaaah let's not jinx it :messga:

SwissMonster
1 minute ago, River said:

yeah Zurich is the best choice, I got the impression that Basel is an expo events city, Bern and Geneva are too far, I still need to visit there lol

yeaaaah let's not jinx it :messga:

Yeah Basel is more know for their expos and museums. A reason why they have the hotel capacity tho. And on a personal note I am from Basel so that would be great lol. But yeah it probably would be Zürich :vegas:

River
4 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Yeah Basel is more know for their expos and museums. A reason why they have the hotel capacity tho. And on a personal note I am from Basel so that would be great lol. But yeah it probably would be Zürich :vegas:

I'm planning to go to the comic con and the marvel museum in basel :laughga:

• YAAAS 1

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, River said:

I'm planning to go to the comic con and the marvel museum in basel :laughga:

Yesss, will also go to the marvel expo I think!

• YAAAS 1

• PartySick locked this topic
  • River unpinned this topic