💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 in Malmö, Sweden

Dutch

Featured Posts

palma

I am DYING to hear what Graham Norton will say about all this mess tomorrow :volantis:

• LMAO 1

Not The Real Gaga

Wait... how are they gonna handle the jury votes if the Netherlands do get disqualified tomorrow?

Juniper
Posted (edited)

I don’t know if all this has been said in the thread already but according to Swedish news outlets the EBU top people are still discussing whether or not Joost will be able to perform and while they do that he won’t be able to rehearse. Instead the jury groups will watch his performance from the semi final.

And from what I understand it’s because he was violent towards a female staff member of the production team. 

Edited by Juniper

PolishSausage91

Eh… Eurovision seems to be on a bend, I hope it doesn't crash.

PolishSausage91🌭

SimonBaetens
5 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I don’t know if all this has been said in the thread already but according to Swedish news outlets the EBU top people are still discussing whether or not Joost will be able to perform and while they do that he won’t be able to rehearse. Instead the jury groups will watch his performance from the semi final.

And from what I understand it’s because he was violent towards a female staff member of the production team. 

Oh now the EBU is taking their time to make important decisions smh this is such a mess. Don’t feel like watching tomorrow, the whole thing feels very fake and censored all because Israel funds the whole thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Juanlittlem

Switzerland and Croatia got the bigger pops in the flag parade

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

SimonBaetens
4 minutes ago, PolishSausage91 said:

Eh… Eurovision seems to be on a bend, I hope it doesn't crash.

What if we’re witnessing the final edition to ever take place?!

palma
6 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Wait... how are they gonna handle the jury votes if the Netherlands do get disqualified tomorrow?

To my knowledge every member of the national jury ranks the songs according to their liking and the top 10 receive points - they would simply remove the Netherlands and their points would be received by the contestant just below. 

Nevertheless this is a major scandal. If he quit or was disqualified then don't show his performance. What a bunch of unprofessional cowards.

SimonBaetens
2 minutes ago, palma said:

To my knowledge every member of the national jury ranks the songs according to their liking and the top 10 receive points - they would simply remove the Netherlands and their points would be received by the contestant just below. 

Nevertheless this is a major scandal. If he quit or was disqualified then don't show his performance. What a bunch of unprofessional cowards.

Seriously! How will ESC ever recover from this?

• Thanks 1

Dennis

How do these people get to be CEOs and executives and not know the basics of PR?

When you stay silent on a controversy, you create a vacuum that gets filled with false accusations, conspiracy theories, and defamatory claims.

They should set the record straight on what he did and whether he is DQ.

palma
6 minutes ago, SimonBaetens said:

Oh now the EBU is taking their time to make important decisions smh this is such a mess. Don’t feel like watching tomorrow, the whole thing feels very fake and censored all because Israel funds the whole thing.

Moroccanoil, the main sponsor of ESC is based in Israel :volantis:

The way they are doing all this in plain sight is revolting.

• Like 1

SimonBaetens
2 minutes ago, palma said:

Moroccanoil, the main sponsor of ESC is based in Israel :volantis:

The way they are doing all this in plain sight is revolting.

I know. Infuriating. United by music my ass.

• Like 1

Juanlittlem

What if Germany doesnt end last this year? People liked it

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

HosedDownGypsy

Why are people still accusing Israel for Joost's situation when it was confirmed that he attacked a female photographer? It had nothing to do with the Israelis, despite their obvious arguments.

RAIN ON ME
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dennis
16 minutes ago, SimonBaetens said:

Well if the allegations are true, he supposedly assaulted a Swedish camerawoman working for SVT. I'm not sure what Israel has to do with this.

I think they're hesitant to make a decision because it's going to generate a backlash no matter what and it may influence the vote. 

I agree they should make a decision tho.

• PartySick locked this topic
  • River unpinned this topic