💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2024 in Malmö, Sweden

Dutch

Featured Posts

Dutch

Once again a song I don’t get is now a favourite to win. Loreen, Käärijä, Alessandra all would’ve have won this year easily (so far). 

• Like 2

Juanlittlem
8 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Once again a song I don’t get is now a favourite to win. Loreen, Käärijä, Alessandra all would’ve have won this year easily (so far). 

The way last year we had a lot of contenders for the win and this year we're at 20 songs and I don't see a winner 

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
  • Like 2

PolishSausage91

Yes, still waiting for a banger

PolishSausage91🌭

Vengaboy

There's nothing that feels more uninspiring to me than when you see how performances are influenced by the ones that did well the previous year. Musically and/or visually. Some countries seem to think that by copying what was successful one year they will have a greater chance of winning the next. Henny, that's not how it works. 

It reminds me of when Gaga first emerged onto the pop scene and every other girlie would adapt her aesthetic. Come up with something on your own!!

• Like 3

Juanlittlem
2 minutes ago, Vengaboy said:

There's nothing that feels more uninspiring to me than when you see how performances are influenced by the ones that did well the previous year. Musically and/or visually. Some countries seem to think that by copying what was successful one year they will have a greater chance of winning the next. Henny, that's not how it works. 

It reminds me of when Gaga first emerged onto the pop scene and every other girlie would adapt her aesthetic. Come up with something on your own!!

I mean, that's what tends to happen, last year it was dancebreaks, this year is being quirky, when Mans won it was projections... It's always gonna happen but it won't always work for everyone.

• Like 1

bionic
9 minutes ago, Vengaboy said:

Some countries seem to think that by copying what was successful one year they will have a greater chance of winning the next. Henny, that's not how it works. 

I can't remember if I've ever seen it work out and lead to a win, but the attempts to emulate the previous year's top performances in the next year is a Eurovision staple at this point

buy bionic
  • Like 1

Vengaboy
31 minutes ago, bionic said:

I can't remember if I've ever seen it work out and lead to a win, but the attempts to emulate the previous year's top performances in the next year is a Eurovision staple at this point

I don't think it's ever lead to a win either, but people don't seem to realize ;) And yes it is bound to happen but in some ways I just think it seems a bit pathetic. Might sound harsh but I don't want to see a lesser version of something from last year. 

Micmaky

I don’t see how Croatia is similar to Cha Cha Cha. Like do people think similar genres mean copied songs? In that case we have 500 pop girls this year. 
I do think whoever designed the stage show took away from the clever music video and added some Kaarija elements. If they really revamp the staging it will definitely be Zagreb 2025 

Edited by Micmaky

Micmaky
On 2/25/2024 at 1:34 PM, darkgaga said:

Yeah… till now I dont have any song that is giving me winner vibes. I had hope Dotter would have a killer song but it is also not really that interesting. Where are the Tattoo, Cha cha cha, Queen of Kings, Unicorn, WTH is Edgar of this year

I am enjoying this year way better. There are so many unusual songs from different genres. Lithuania, Norway, Italy, Croatia, Uk, France, Belgium, etc are all great 

Juanlittlem

Is this finally an interesting song that could do great?! I think this is my fave for now. Good job switzerland :golfclap:

• YAAAS 3

Dutch
5 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Is this finally an interesting song that could do great?! I think this is my fave for now. Good job switzerland :golfclap:

uhm GIF

Juanlittlem
8 minutes ago, Dutch said:

uhm GIF

Its interesting! If he does have that voice and they do a great staging it could work imo

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, Juanlittlem said:

Ofc the year I am boycotting they send a bop :traumatica:

Nemo is a great artist and this song can do an amazing placement if staged well. They really have great music but this exceeded my expectations. When it was rumored that Nemo would represent Switzerland I was a bit scared cause their music is much calmer usually. So this is such a pleasent surprise. Also we just have very few queer artists in Switzerland, so I am also happy to see representation there :heart:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999
  • Love 1

Juanlittlem
3 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Ofc the year I am boycotting they send a bop :traumatica:

Don't worry, I'll get your country to the top :kara:

• PartySick locked this topic
  • River unpinned this topic