💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was the Joanne Tour technically her “Eras Tour”?

Lighter

Featured Posts

Ziggy
2 hours ago, Lighter said:

also, didn’t we kind of bring the Eras term to mainstream back then?

Oh she definitely did, or rather, the stans did. It already existed but LM were the first big online digital fans so we brought it up even before Gaga started to also 

Dayman

A country version of Bad Romance? Why do fans still think Joanne is a country album? Million Reasons really brainwashed us all.

Chromatislaps
2 hours ago, Lighter said:

also, didn’t we kind of bring the Eras term to mainstream back then?

Nah it was already a thing with MJ and Madonna back in the day

Ladle Ghoulash
3 hours ago, Secluded Rover said:

The Balls Ball

The Ball Sucking Bitch Tour (Her Good Christian Woman Era)

Linus Gaga

No, but artRave is. She did Just dance with her iconic bang wigs and shoulder pad costume. Judas/Aura with her punk leather look. Piano with her iconic short curly bob etc. And obviously she did a tribute to herself at VMA 2013 showing all previous eras. 

Hit me a message and say hi !

TEANUS
3 hours ago, Dayman said:

A country version of Bad Romance? Why do fans still think Joanne is a country album? Million Reasons really brainwashed us all.

Honey it’s more than Million Reasons. You can’t really compare the album to modern country radio music, but it is very classic country/folk leaning.

I.e. A-YO, Diamond Heart, Joanne, Million Reasons, Sinner’s Prayer, Grigio Girls

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Well, technically, it was her last show to include songs from all albums up to the current time, so yeah. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

5 hours ago, SS77 said:

MARINA's Neon Nature (FROOT) tour was technically her eras tour too. SO iconic.

Wasn't it this way cause she was thinking of retiring after FROOT? 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Tyler1992

I don’t think so, I saw a lot of Joanne in the tour (Joanne hats, pink imagery, the interludes etc.) all were very on brand for the era. 

I think Gaga always will recontextualize old eras in new ways (Paparazzi octopus outfit in ARTRAVE matches the large in The Monster Ball, different styles of disco sticks…).

ARTPOP made sense for her to go through the eras with her looks as she was conveying “any artist”, her “ARTPOP could mean anything” honed in how she’s changed over time.

Gaga will always pay homage to her old self in tours, but will revisit it in different ways. 

Taylor’s Eras tour makes sense as she is touring four albums.

Dayman
4 hours ago, TEANUS said:

Honey it’s more than Million Reasons. You can’t really compare the album to modern country radio music, but it is very classic country/folk leaning.

I.e. A-YO, Diamond Heart, Joanne, Million Reasons, Sinner’s Prayer, Grigio Girls

Diamond Heart and A-YO aren’t country. They’re more Rock/Pop/UK R&B than anything. Joanne and Million Reasons steer a bit folkier. Sinners Prayer and Grigio Girls are really the only 2 that are straight up country. But like even then, let’s say we count all 6 of those as “country” umbrella. There’s still 8 other songs that are not country at all. The genres are just as all over the place as Born This Way. It’s definitely an album heavy on American genres, mo-town, rock, folk, country, and UK R&B which is still just a spin on the very American genre of R&B. But the fact that it gets called country as a whole is just kinda odd. It feels like whenever it’s mentioned that people are just taking aesthetic over the actual music.

SpanishChaosAngel

it was probably her idea for the tour, considering it was her 10th anniversary in music

DAVID VOGUER

Don't know about the tour but this was her Eras performance :ohwell:

They can't scare me, if I scare them first.

Archived