Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Harry Potter reboot in works at HBO

Robo Ga

Featured Posts

Max
Just now, alsemanche said:

Tbh HBO often has huge budgets and they use them very well (The Last of Us and House of the Dragon for example), if anyone can pull this off, it'll be them. 

Well hopefully although I will pirate :partysick:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
4 minutes ago, Max said:

Well hopefully although I will pirate :partysick:

Exactly :billie:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Dawson

So basically they can't get the old cast/don't want to pay big sums for returning talent so they're doing whatever possible to reboot and pump this transphobic cash cow as cheap as possible. Shameless but can't say I'm surprised after the success of Hogwarts Legacy

Roronoa

Whoever supports this franchise is a terf. I can’t with y’all. Did you see her tweets within the last 24h? She’s retweeting all this LGB BS. How do you leave out a group of people who were with us since the very beginning? There is no LGBT without the T. 

liamgaga

Sad really - would be here for a series that doesn’t focus on the original story, maybe like a story set in the Hogwarts legacy era. It is FAR too early to reboot this (the last film came out just over 10 years ago?!) 

this is my absolute favourite franchise and sadly this just seems like a huge cash grab. I would however be curious to see how making it into a series affects what they now can include from the books. 

Reginald
5 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Harry Potter fans read something else challenge (impossible)

25 years of reading the same books over and over :ladyhaha: 

JusticeforVenus

I dont want to see a new Harry, Ron and Hermione... These days recasts are a CAPITAL MESS :artdoll2:

alsemanche
5 hours ago, Roronoa said:

I was against JK, but after a little digging I’ve decided to support her (again). She agrees that trans people need protection but not at the expense of cis women. Same sex spaces are there for a reason. The trans people in my life also agree with that so I’m good. 

1 hour ago, Roronoa said:

Whoever supports this franchise is a terf. I can’t with y’all. Did you see her tweets within the last 24h? She’s retweeting all this LGB BS. How do you leave out a group of people who were with us since the very beginning? There is no LGBT without the T. 

So what changed in the 4 hours between these two replies? :oprah:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

RahrahWitch
1 hour ago, Roronoa said:

I was against JK, but after a little digging I’ve decided to support her (again). She agrees that trans people need protection but not at the expense of cis women. Same sex spaces are there for a reason. The trans people in my life also agree with that so I’m good. 

That was quick but glad you came to your senses :ladyhaha:

3 hours ago, Dawson said:

So basically they can't get the old cast/don't want to pay big sums for returning talent

Im sure theyre over harry potter by now and wouldnt return regardless :laughga:

1 hour ago, Reginald said:

25 years of reading the same books over and over :ladyhaha: 

Same here, even went on a HP audiobook phase (by stephen fry) :diane:

ModernEcstasy

I’m excited for this!

I just hope that they get the casting right. 
Wondering if they will change Dobby’s appearance or keep the same look. 
either way, I will still cry like a baby when he is murdered :messga:

(oh and we will finally get to see the battle at Hogwarts during Half Blood Prince. I was so annoyed after seeing the movie)

monstertoronto
3 hours ago, Dawson said:

So basically they can't get the old cast/don't want to pay big sums for returning talent so they're doing whatever possible to reboot and pump this transphobic cash cow as cheap as possible. Shameless but can't say I'm surprised after the success of Hogwarts Legacy

Wrong. Money is not an issue. I seriously doubt this is about not wanting to pay the old cast, it’s about retelling the books in a longer format. Obviously the original cast is way too old now to return to their roles, so it will be a new cast.  I’m sure it will have a large budget.  The transphobic issue is still there of course, but it’s going to serve budget. 

Archived