đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did Gaga get Flo Rida on The Fame?

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Economy
2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

That’s actually the most interesting question imo bc usually these collabs are arranged specifically for being singles. I wonder if the success of Just Dance and Poker Face kinda made the label give her more of a say in the single selection (doubt it but wondering what the reason would be otherwise).

I do remember Gaga mentioning that Her Label said she had more hits on The Game but that she wanted to move on to new music

I guess perhaps it really was meant to be a single originally

It would have smashed too. She could have released it as a 5th single and then just space it out a bit longer before bad romance

But who knows if bad romance woulda been as big and how the trajectory of the fame monster would have gone if released at a different period of time as there's so many variables

LilyLark

Likely the label. Labels often pair big names with up and comers for exposure. It's also possible that it was Akon that connected the two.

Gagaism
2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

By the way he’s such an underrated Hottie… :giveup:

68799ED9-AAF7-4D83-8FD0-FF97BEB060A0.jpe

YES! :mark:

Massive Monster
3 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

It was because of me.

Olenna Tyrell Meme GIF

Kind regards

Ziggy
3 hours ago, Economy said:

I do remember Gaga mentioning that Her Label said she had more hits on The Game but that she wanted to move on to new music

I guess perhaps it really was meant to be a single originally

It would have smashed too. She could have released it as a 5th single and then just space it out a bit longer before bad romance

But who knows if bad romance woulda been as big and how the trajectory of the fame monster would have gone if released at a different period of time as there's so many variables

Tbh the narrative from the VMAs performance to the drop of bad romance less than a year after was just perfect and really set her up to dovetail into the comparatively darker aesthetics of TFM

River

the real question is how tf did they get gaga to sing for Wall-E "lookin lookin at me"

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

5 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Is pretty much the way Kesha ended up on Flo Rida’s song "Right Round", he was recording the song and Kesha passed by and he asked her to do the vocals… at the time Flo and Akon had worked with Flo for “Available” so is possible that Akon asked Flo to work with Gaga for the exposure or promo 

he also expressed interest in working with her again…

By the way he’s such an underrated Hottie… :giveup:

68799ED9-AAF7-4D83-8FD0-FF97BEB060A0.jpe

i love everything about this photo lmao

Defmix100
1 hour ago, River said:

the real question is how tf did they get gaga to sing for Wall-E "lookin lookin at me"

7 hours ago, voltron92 said:

Also the chillin' collab with wall-e

I think she's since said she only did that to work with Mark Ronson

voltron92
3 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

I think she's since said she only did that to work with Mark Ronson

Wait MR produced this?

Bully Pop

Gaga didn’t get Flo Rida on her album, her label did haha. Starstuck was supposed to be a single and they added him in order to boost sales. Logistically, it’s not as deep as one might think. 

SpanishChaosAngel

probably because of space cowbow, akon or maybe redone. But maybe someone from Interscope talked to FloRida about gaga

Bowman

because they had an overdose too many starbucks :anveeroy:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Defmix100
39 minutes ago, voltron92 said:

Wait MR produced this?

Yeah apparently he sent it to Gaga

RichAssPiss

At the time, EDM was not big at radio, but hip-hop and R&B were. Between the initial Canadian release (with "Again Again") and the US release, they added "Starstruck" with Flo Rida and "Paper Gangsta" to the tracklist. It always seemed to me like a somewhat cynical attempt to pad out the album with some hip-hop elements that might work better for US audiences at the time. So, I would say the label getting a rap verse was probably a priority (i.e. had a budget) and Flo Rida was who they could get. 

Archived