Jump to content
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

🇺🇦🇬🇧 Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom 🇬🇧🇺🇦


bionic

Featured Posts

tomsches

Poor Austria keeps losing cause people mix it up with Australia and give them their points instead… 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juanlittlem

She's an icon, she's a legend and she is the moment.

 

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dutch
3 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

She's an icon, she's a legend and she is the moment.

 

But people told me the GP hate her now and she isn’t the rightful winner. :haroon:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Micmaky
On 5/15/2023 at 4:05 AM, StrawberryBlond said:

But Sweden is still getting higher chart positions and streams, so it's winning the long game. It doesn't really matter that Loreen was cruising on the name recognition of a previous win. To most people outside Sweden, they don't know her at all or if they did know her, they never followed any of her work apart from supporting Euphoria. In fact, that's the case of most of the acts at Eurovision. The majority of winners have a successful winner's song but don't go on to have international careers afterwards and just go back to localised success in their own country and neighbouring countries. Maneskin have broken the mould with that recently but it's unlikely it'll be the same for every winner. So, it doesn't truly matter about Loreen's history with the show. The public just connected with a good song and it certainly stood out with its volume and emotion, so it's no surprise it did well. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but I don't think it mattered who was singing it, it would have garnered the same reactions. And also, songs that do well at Eurovision are typically not the songs that regularly chart. This is why something more experimental like Cha Cha Cha can do well on this show but would unlikely take the charts by storm if it was released without being attached to Eurovision. Tattoo, on the other hand, sounds like something that would be successful on the charts on any given day, which seems more representative of what the public in general want from music right now.

Well, regardless of the way of looking at it, how about viewing it as 2 winners - the jury's champion and the public's champion? Then we get more out of Eurovision. There was more support for Spain and the UK from the juries last year (both countries received 12 points from 8 juries, the most popular jury opinion) than for the public's winner, Ukraine (28 countries televoters gave them 12 points). It looks like there will always be an imbalance between jury and public if we continue this system. Clearly, it's going to pose a problem when the public don't get their champion. I'd just prefer the juries to maintain quality control. And as I said, the non-European voters gave their 12 points to Israel and we haven't seen a breakdown of how many votes "rest of the world" represented nor have we seen any real outrage from that angle.

Loreen ain’t winning the long game, she has no album ready, has no songs recorded, she’s a relatively lazy artist with very little drive except during Eurovision seasons. Also, If she can’t make a successful career after one of the best songs in Eurovisions history, she can’t do it now after one of the worst winning songs in Eurovisions history. Karrija, Noa, Alessandra and La Zarra seem to really hungry artists. I think it’s a good think Kaarija lost because he has become this sort of David in a David and Goliath fight and his huuuge obsessive fan club will ensure he has a strong touring career long after this year. Plus he actually has some pretty great songs. Mic Mac is even better than Cha Cha Cha.

Keep in mind, Kaarija is killing it in streaming. Despite Payola and TTH playlisting, he’s not that far behind her. He was even 1 for 2 days after the competition (unfiltered) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Glojuice said:

Loreen ain’t winning the long game, she has no album ready, has no songs recorded, she’s a relatively lazy artist with very little drive except during Eurovision seasons. Also, If she can’t make a successful career after one of the best songs in Eurovisions history, she can’t do it now after one of the worst winning songs in Eurovisions history. Karrija, Noa, Alessandra and La Zarra seem to really hungry artists. I think it’s a good think Kaarija lost because he has become this sort of David in a David and Goliath fight and his huuuge obsessive fan club will ensure he has a strong touring career long after this year. Plus he actually has some pretty great songs. Mic Mac is even better than Cha Cha Cha.

Keep in mind, Kaarija is killing it in streaming. Despite Payola and TTH playlisting, he’s not that far behind her. He was even 1 for 2 days after the competition (unfiltered) 

I was talking about just her winner's song alone. I just meant that the song may go on to be more played and remembered. If Kaarija has a successful career after this, then it proves that he didn't need to win Eurovision, so it doesn't matter at the end of the day. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I don't know why people are making such a big deal over it. As I keep pointing out, Noa won the 'rest of the world's' vote, yet there's no global outrage over her not winning and Unicorn isn't turning into a global hit. It's always hard to make a Eurovision song do well after the show is over, we've always known this. I am really happy for Alessandra getting all those public votes and her song getting into top 30 so far, she was the most deserving winner to me and I'm glad the public showed her support when the juries left her out in the cold.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Juanlittlem
12 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I am really happy for Alessandra getting all those public votes and her song getting into top 30 so far, she was the most deserving winner to me and I'm glad the public showed her support when the juries left her out in the cold.

No one was surprised about her getting love from the televote. She's been viral on tiktok for months, of course she'd get a good amounts of points.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nirvana

Took me this long to somewhat get over the disappointment of the results.... I know that second place is excellent result, considering how we have done over the years. It just has never happened that my favourite song of the year was the public favourite and also my own country's entry. I really loved Cha Cha Cha and Käärijä, and will follow him after the contest as well. :heart: But I can't help but feel somewhat empty now lmao.. My other favourites of the year were Austria, Australia, Germany, Norway, France and Croatia. 

I do love Loreen but did not think this song was overwhelmingly good as the juries thought. I wish the juries would have divided the points to other entries as well, since I did consider Spain and France great as well. It was weird how some countries got next to no points like Germany. They again at last place with this song, just surreal. Maybe Cha cha cha took points from the more rock or metal entries in the public vote. 

My mom's reaction to Croatia was so funny, she said that she doesn't remember any of the entries but that one. She said it was so grotesque even though it kinda wasn't, and how outfits and makeup and everything made it so memorable but disturbing, but she did not hate it. She thought it was funny and did not pick up the anti war theme at all... (we have translations of all the song lyrics) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • River unpinned this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...