Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
other

(For Retro Music Lovers...) This Is My New Obsession

AntonTurnItUp

Featured Posts

AntonTurnItUp

Well... Gaga won't be releasing any new music until (at least) 2025 :messga:, so this is a great time to find and listen or learn about new music for the long wait that is coming.

Let me tell you I found this amazing videos on YouTube a while ago which are dj sets recorded on old tapes from the 80s and 90s at the biggest clubs in Valencia, Spain of that time. Doing a further research, I found that on Valencia's metropolitan area there were seven big clubs along 30km of a coastal road which stayed open for 72 hours straight, people went out partying on friday night and came back on monday morning (it was really INSANE!) and unimaginable nowadays, it was a real route visiting each club every weekend. These clubs were called "BARRACA", "CHOCO-LATE", "Spook Factory" "Espiral", "PUZZLE", "A.C.T.V." and "N.O.D." each one with a different style of sound and atmosphere.

Some pics:

Spoiler

serie-ruta-estreno-1024x683.jpg

ef8c97cda72f598b4363643fbebbce06.jpg31.jpg

ef8c97cda72f598b4363643fbebbce06.jpg14191_76.jpg

The flyers, imagery and aesthetics of the clubs were a real artistic revolution in this city during those years (ARTPOP stans will shake):

Spoiler

i2783327243.jpg?pictureSize=W6401-Barraca-Verano-85_-1985-Armando-Silvesd81b6dd43445b92751670bd97f1ece81.jpgpuzzle-vertical.jpg?resize=743,1024&ssl=ICSDDMNBQSI64TLH4YXGQT6ZCU.jpg

Well, let's go to the music, if you are a Techno, House & Retro EDM enthusiast (like me) you should take a listen to the tapes recorded from this movement (there are easily 1000+ for each club on Youtube)

Spoiler

Now I spend hours listening and sometimes trying to find those underground tracks with Shazam, tell me... did you know about this movement? do you like this type of music? would this be a great concept for a (Gaga's :sis:) album?

As you can see I have a lot of free time btw, don't let this flop :motherofpuppies:

Archived