💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

NYT: Grammy's relevance depends on Beyoncé winning AOTY

Dojo

Featured Posts

HookerOnAChurch
3 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Wait, doesn't she already have like a lot of grammys?

Yep. I think she has won something like 25 Grammys 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chlorine Sevigny
Just now, skedaddleBItCh said:

Many great albums (which are better than Renaissance) have scored lower than that bffr you're also implying that none of Gaga's albums are better than Renaissance just because none of her albums hit the 90s mark in metascore. Renaissance is a good album, and that's it. 

Your personal opinion about the album is irrelevant :heart:

bambi96

The argument that she should win, just because, is questionable, there are albums that are nominated that have had far bigger impact and popularity!

President Biden
5 hours ago, AnglerfishbraBENUS said:

i think it will go to Bad Bunny 

And people should be proud to see the most successful Spanish language album in history win. Un Verano Sin Ti broke some of Taylor and Adele’s records…

I got drunk

alsemanche

Renaissance definitely deserves AOTY but the Grammys will have the same relevancy (or lack thereof if anything) whether it wins or not :ladyhaha:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

1 hour ago, Frank Potion said:

Your personal opinion about the album is irrelevant :heart:

The same can be said about Beyoncé fans who think winning AOTY is her birthright. Their opinions are also irrelevant to the Academy :heart:

1 hour ago, bambi96 said:

The argument that she should win, just because, is questionable, there are albums that are nominated that have had far bigger impact and popularity!

this ain't about impact or popularity, is about quality and RENAISSANCE's production and engineering is flawless from start to finish

bambi96
13 minutes ago, Dojo said:

this ain't about impact or popularity, is about quality and RENAISSANCE's production and engineering is flawless from start to finish

As are the other albums in this category, so why should this be the winner if the others that have equal high-quality production be discounted for this one?

LilyLark
12 minutes ago, Dojo said:

It's a very good album, even if I prefer Lemonade, Self Titled, and Four. But this is one of the issues I sometimes have with Bey (and I'm a stan), tho it's not her fault...and it's difficult to talk about (and I hesitate on here, because people can get nasty and even a few even racist about Bey).....one can acknowledge the Grammys have a history of systematic racism and don't award enough Black and Latin artists...and also realize the constant deification in the media can be a little much.

Kendrick has won a Pulitzer Prize and has arguably been snubbed for AOTY just as many times as Bey, even though he hasn't been in the game as long, and no one is riding as hard for him. Bad Bunny has broke all sorts of records for a Spanish artist, would be a ground breaking win, and was the solo writer for most of Un Verano Sin Ti.

Again, it's not her fault and I feel like people on here can get way too nasty and a few even racist on here about her, but I get why these sort of articles make people roll their eyes and be turned off. It's the same with the whole 'biggest pop star in the world' Rolling Stone was pushing a few months back. I love her, but she was never as big as Mariah Carey or Madonna in their heyday and like it or not Taylor and Adele outsell her by a lot (and even Rih). People are aware of this, so it just seems bizarre for the media to claim otherwise.

How delusional you have to be to argue against Grammys not fairly awarding people of color, by asking to give the award now to the most awarded female in the history of Grammys.

She is not the only black person making music, and there are countless other artists in every different skin tone producing much better albums than Renaissance (and it comes from someone who enjoyed the album). How about them?

if you promote Beyonce and her work, that’s another thing. But don’t play the race argument here then.

Chromatography
3 hours ago, Emvee said:

On one hand this is some entitled woke scold ****. 

On the other hand, they’ve given Taylor Swift 3 goddamn AOTY’s already lmao 

1989 and folklore definitely deserved tho 

freebit

That part where they interview that other random stan. :smh: This is stuch a blatant stan article, lol.

I think its annoying how they're brushing off The Weeknd's complete Grammy 2020 shutout, because honestly THAT was a pivotal signal that the Grammys were complete bs. But that was whatever to the NYT I guess.

AOTY or not, Beyonce will release another album, and if/when she submits it, the media will start this all over again, not carring or being aware that they're just continuing to validate the Grammys.

monstrosity

Beyoncé is deserving but let’s not forget the Kendrick Lamar

also Beyoncé’s team is so good, they pushed the overdue narrative even though she has like 10000 Grammys already 

25 minutes ago, freebit said:

That part where they interview that other random stan. :smh: 

ik! that was so random :ladyhaha: 

Wet Fire

Any album that starts with THAT opening track should never win AOTY.

But I love some of the songs.

Archived