💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why didnt TCB cause ticketmaster mess?

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

The demand wasn’t the same.

The first wave of tickets were released in 2020 and people were hesitant to buy them during a pandemic as it could be postponed (which it was) or their travel/accommodation plans would be messed with, which they would’ve been.

By the time the show eventually came around, hype amongst the general public wasn’t high so it made way for more hardcore fans to buy the tickets.

If there was no pandemic and they dropped tickets right after Rain On Me, the demand would’ve been crazy.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No shade to the artists who are breaking Ticketmaster, but could it also have something to do with resellers buying tickets and clogging up Ticketmaster’s website?

Like, people who aren’t fans just buying with the intent to turn a profit?

And yeah, Chromatica Ball was 2 years after the release of the album, no supporting single or interviews/appearances to support sales. Still was a successful tour. 😉

Always & Forever, đŸ§šđŸ»â€â™‚ïžđŸŠ‰CHARMZđŸŠ‰đŸ§šđŸ»â€â™‚ïž

Lol I’m I remember jumping through hoops to get my little monster TCB tickets so idk what you mean lol and I ended paying like almost 600$ lol I don’t think it was THAT effortless as your making it seem 

It’s a different world now. Even since last year. Media hype doesn’t help either. Gaga was touring essentially after the heart of Covid. Media wasn’t concerned about those dates. Now it’s been sensationalized. Especially after Swift’s experience with sales — not saying it’s entirely the media, but they help spread hype, which in return, drives up demand.

Locally, it was the narrative, “Touring is coming back. Lady Gaga will be performing for the time since the pandemic at MetLife . . .”

tbh I’m glad. It was amazing having such a simple, enjoyable experience at TCB after years of Covid. I’m grateful we didn’t have to worry.

rasclautmangos

I don't THINK Chromatica was as popular of an album was it? Gaga also isn't as much of a general public favorite as Taylor and Beyonce. Which isn't a bad thing. 

Economy
2 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

Demand just wasn’t as high. Chromatica Ball happened 2 years after her album came out and COVID in between all of that. A lot of momentum was lost

This!

Gaga had very healthy and high demand but not to the extreme to cause a system type collapse

Taylor is on another level of success and demand commercially speaking

they are in more demand, Beyoncé is worshipped as the ultimate god by the general public, so for them to see her live is like the highlight of their lifetime. And Bad Bunny and Taylor Swift are the most popular artists in the world at the moment.

CharlieQuinn

Not enough promo. (not that she needs it) I've heard endless commercials from banks, radio stations, streaming platforms promoting Taylor's tour. Same with Beyonce. 

Gaga did amazing with little promo. The show spoke for itself ! 

Cameltoe Chariot

Not some of you acting like Gaga didn’t sell out her stadium tour two years after the album came out with almost zero promo :alsemanche:

ChromaticaGUY

I feel like a chunk of it was caused by the people who bought tickets in 2020 and kept them for the rescheduled dates. Less traffic on the site combined with the album being 2 years old at that point. Still sold out, and had she been physically or mentally able to do more shows those would have been sold out, too. Just my opinion. 

ryanxjensen

Some of the shows were spread too far apart for many people to get excited about, here in Canada we had Toronto
 that’s it. I remember previous tours hit up more cities and there was more enthusiasm because many more people could have an opportunity to experience the show.

Pennywise

Gaga hasn't been as big on touring as Taylor Swift or Beyonce since at least BTWB. If you think otherwise, you are delusional. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Tyler1992

We need not to forget that announcing a tour in 2023 post-pandemic is much different than pre-pandemic. Concert tickets in general are in much higher demand across the board for majority of artists. 

Gaga announced pre-pandemic, and waited until post-pandemic. Had Gaga cancelled the Chromatica Ball and held off, pent up demand would probably cause some disruptions. Since Gaga postponed two times, it let some pressure off the valve and having to act quick to get tickets wasn’t a worry. TCB was also Gagas first all-stadium tour and jumping from arenas to stadiums will naturally take longer to sell all tickets come show time.

The artists are all also in very different phases of their touring careers. Beyoncé and Taylor both had comparable first all-stadium tour numbers to TCB, and majority of dates had tickets available up until the dates. 

Taylor had to cancel Lover Fest, and in the meantime released Folklore, Evermore, & Midnights after that. That’s a staggering 4 albums that haven’t had a tour attached.
BeyoncĂ© hasn’t done a solo tour in 7 years since The Formation World Tour.

Archived