Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why didnt TCB cause ticketmaster mess?

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

Tinnitus15

First of all this thread isn’t about dragging or having negative thoughts. Just curious. As we see big artists( Like Gaga, Taylor, Beyoncé,Bad Bunny) starting touring, I wonder why didn’t Gaga’s tour create some drama. With Taylor selling out every show just from presale in the US, Beyoncé’s presale in London had like 700k+ people from yesterday and today(for a presale), I wonder why it was so easy to get a gaga ticket. I remember it was literally soo chill waiting and grabbing your desired ticket. The venues had tickets till last minutes. Why? She’s really big, she didn’t tour recently, so I can’t explain it.. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lextyr97

Demand just wasn’t as high. Chromatica Ball happened 2 years after her album came out and COVID in between all of that. A lot of momentum was lost

Tinnitus15
3 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Demand just wasn’t as high. Chromatica Ball happened 2 years after her album came out and COVID in between all of that. A lot of momentum was lost

I don’t think that was a factor. Gaga was literally one of the first BIG artists to start touring again after COVID

Magneto
4 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Also, Gaga simply isn't as popular as Beyoncé, Taylor or Bad Bunny in terms of streams, followers and therefore also ticket demand

Free my mind

Tinnitus15
1 minute ago, Magneto said:

Also, Gaga simply isn't as popular as Beyoncé, Taylor or Bad Bunny in terms of streams, followers and therefore also ticket demand

Gaga literally outstreams Beyoncé…. Beyoncé’s not even in top 10 monthly streams. 

Mindblown

Demand is higher for Beyonce. The internet is going crazy for these tickets. A large chunk of tiktok, twitter and the even the locals on facebook are talking about these tickets. We're even talking about these tickets right now + the multiple threads about it already on GGD.

RAMROD

Demand numbers is different, fam. We tend to overrate her popularity within the GP. Gaga is crazy popular, she definitely fills up stadiums, but TS & Beyoncé are just another level of fame for regular masses. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

LateToCult

They’re just more in demand. I don’t think I’ve ever had issues getting Gaga tickets at face value as long I didn’t wait last minute.

LilyLark
19 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I was going to say while Taylor and Bad Bunny simply have way more fans, Gaga's not that far behind Bey in terms of sales/streaming. However, there wasn't the time gap, Renaissance simply got way more press, and Bey is arguably seen as the best act on tour in the US media.

There are other examples, tbh, that are more puzzling. Billie Eilish has insane streaming numbers, even if her latest album opened weaker than expected. However, her tour didn't cause all of this fuss. Harry has insane fans and sold out, but he didn't crash ticketmaster. Adele's tours in the past never caused this much fuss.

At the end of the day, some acts are just more popular on tour than others even if sales/streaming are on par (or even weaker). A good example is Beyonce in relation to Billie and Harry. The amount of time between the album and the tour is also a thing. It's pointless to compare these sort of things in the long run. And the media coverage is also a factor.

13 minutes ago, Magneto said:

I agree with the first part. As much as Gaga is now highly acclaimed by the GP, her shows might seem like uncharted territory for the Shallow/ASIB/HMH fans, meanwhile Beyoncé's is in a safer zone (as in having a better understanding of what to expect before the show) and Taylor fans are VERY dedicated. A Gaga show might still look too weird and too artistic for the GP and in fact IT IS, even us members of the cult can't actually predict what her tours are gonna be like. Sales and marketing campaigns aside, that's why I'm pretty ok with Gaga not being MASSIVE in popularity, she has this unpredictable and avant-garde factor that just won't appeal to everyone.

LilyLark
Just now, LateToCult said:

They’re just more in demand. I don’t think I’ve ever had issues getting Gaga tickets at face value as long I didn’t wait last minute.

This. Gaga tickets are hard to get in certain cities; in other cities, not so much. She still sells out, though.

I'd argue that Beyonce simply is a very popular act on tour (and popular in general). Harry Styles has bigger streaming/sales numbers than her and Gaga, and yet his tours-while he sells out-have never caused this kind of hysteria. I think it's always been this kind of way tbh.

SimonBaetens

Let’s not forget that a lot of people bought CBT tickets before the pandemic and I think for some people the momentum of the album and the tour was kind of lost by the time it actually took place. But in the end sales were great! 

monstertoronto
19 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Yet for this entire year Gaga has been in the high teens of most listened to on Spotify and Beyoncé has been stuck as 32 even tho she has a recent album out.  Gaga gets more streams.

However when TCB came out, it was one of the first big tours  to be announced post-COVID. I remember people were still not sure if they felt safe going to an in person concert and they worried that ut might be cancelled again.  Remember a lot of people had tickets from earlier as well who complained that they weren’t able to receive refunds because they missed the window. That fear was real, it was a different time. Concert going wasn’t totally back to normal. I think Gaga’s tour and Dua’s tour helped normalize concerts again for people. If Gaga releases a new album and then announced a new tour I think demand would be really high again now. 

LilyLark
Just now, Allan said:

I agree with the first part. As much as Gaga is now highly acclaimed by the GP, her shows might seem like uncharted territory for the Shallow/ASIB/HMH fans, meanwhile Beyoncé's is in a safer zone (as in having a better understanding of what to expect before the show) and Taylor fans are VERY dedicated. A Gaga show might still look too weird and too artistic for the GP and in fact IT IS, even us members of the cult can't actually predict what her tours are gonna be like. Sales and marketing campaigns aside, that's why I'm pretty ok with Gaga not being MASSIVE in popularity, she has this unpredictable and avant-garde factor that just won't appeal to everyone.

Ga has a much narrower fan base than Taylor, etc. which is why I think it's a bit silly for fans to compare. Honestly, too, the whole comparing/pitting women against one another is pointless.

I would argue Ga's fan base is the Shallow/ASIB/HMH crowd and then the 25-50 crowd that is heavily LGBTQ. She doesn't get the tik tok under 25 crowd, who buy way more tickets. In a weird way, I'd even compare it to Adele...Adele has a much broader fan base but she doesn't have dedicated stans under 25....

Head Empty

I'm not a Beyoncé fan and I barely listen to her music, but I've been wanting to see her live for years. Her reputation as a consistently great live performer is one of her biggest assets.

Archived