Jump to content

💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sam Smith got over body dysmorphia: "I look fabulous"


Featured Posts

COOOK

"Every time I went to the pool I felt self-conscious, but I forced myself to take my top off," they said. "It paid off because I now have the opposite of body dysmorphia. I look fabulous. I'm finally getting a tan. I'm burnt in places I've never been burnt."

"For me, what triggered everything was the work I was doing with my body issues," they said at the time. "I always had body dysmorphia. As I started to address that, I started to address my gender and realized that I was holding myself to these ideals of how a man should look."

"As I looked into it, I did therapy, I realized there was more to it," they continued. "I have girl's thighs and I have girl breasts too. It started to awaken this conversation that had always been in the back of my mind."

Edited by COOOK
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 10
  • Love 21
Link to post
Share on other sites
monstertoronto

Good for them!  I’m not even a fan of their music, but it’s been very disappointing reading people’s comments on that new video saying things like “we don’t want to look at ugly people”, or “fat people shouldnt be wearing things like that”. It’s amazing they don’t have body dysmorphia with all the body shaming thrown their way. 

  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gam

Happy for them, hopefully I can feel like this one day :pray:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
YourEvilTwin
10 minutes ago, monstertoronto said:

Good for them!  I’m not even a fan of their music, but it’s been very disappointing reading people’s comments on that new video saying things like “we don’t want to look at ugly people”, or “fat people shouldnt be wearing things like that”. It’s amazing they don’t have body dysmorphia with all the body shaming thrown their way. 

As someone who's also suffered from body dysmorphia, they absolutely do still have it. Lots of people cope with it by taking it too far the other way. Not exactly the healthiest way to cope either, but certainly beats the alternative.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
nightadieu
4 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

As someone who's also suffered from body dysmorphia, they absolutely do still have it. Lots of people cope with it by taking it too far the other way. Not exactly the healthiest way to cope either, but certainly beats the alternative.

Someone: says something
Random person on the internet: yeah no they’re lying

  • Thanks 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cauliflower

I have so many gay friends who don’t fit the “standard” and it physically hurts me to see them hate themselves for it. We need to set things right for the sake of everyone’s mental well-being. Nobody should live in shame over their appearance. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tinnitus15

They are really brave for that. Having body dysmorphia sucks. I respect them for expressing themselves, considering how much hate they are receiving. Hope it won’t affects them.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
Dojo

ahead of their time :applause: the gay community can be so toxic, they all can learn a thing or two about Sam's mindset (and i say them because im actually very kind and ahead of my time too :glamourpuss:)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Dojo
2 minutes ago, iku iku iku said:

I have so many gay friends who don’t fit the “standard” and it physically hurts me to see them hate themselves for it. We need to set things right for the sake of everyone’s mental well-being. Nobody should live in shame over their appearance. 

 

so what you are trying to tell us is that you fit the standard? we love that for you beauty legend, don't let them take that away from you either

Link to post
Share on other sites
blackpink

their self expression is so inspiring to me, i want to be this confident one day :messga:

  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cauliflower
3 minutes ago, Dojo said:

 

so what you are trying to tell us is that you fit the standard? we love that for you beauty legend, don't let them take that away from you either

I don’t fit Western standards but I (try to) love myself anyway. :laughga: 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimmo

Now y’all stream “Perfect” from the masterpiece Gloria :applause:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7df75266ee83b8fa5ec

Edited by Kimmo
Hottie Detector
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Robo Ga

Now this is ICON behaviour. Obsessed with this energy from Sam.  B**** I look FABULOUS! Haters can choke 

🤖⚡️
Link to post
Share on other sites
jared011

Okay, just wanting to be totally logical here, he doesn’t have a girl’s thighs or breasts, but a large man’s thighs and breasts….I think he’s confused 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...