Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Akon says women are not equal to men and need to understand “their roles”

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Economy
Just now, NichuuB said:

Oh my god, comparing the previous comment with this right here. thats exactly your answer for false symmetry

It's a poor example I know. But I do not know how to come up with an exact analogy.

I was merely trying to explain the principal of what I was trying to say regarding not justifying one thing for another. 

Not that the situation is comparable or the same

Again, I think ur only half understanding what I'm trying to say

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
1 minute ago, Economy said:

I'm not really disputing any of this. I agree with all of it in principal.

I think it comes down to a deep rooted belief I was raised with that I believe in very strongly for myself to this day and that is that one evil or one wrong doesn't justify another

It's why I wouldn't justify stealing $100 from a bank (assuming I could get away with it) and say it's ok because the capitalist system is even more unjust.

A wrong is a wrong. It doesn't justify another just because the next one is "less bad"

But it's not about derailing threads. I still acknowledged the main point first. But really the only times u can possibly call this stuff out also is in discussions like this because it's the only time ppl will usually do that in the first place

I'm not certain I know how to explain what I'm trying to say properly in words. My point sounds superficial and incomplete to what I'm really thinking. Ughhh words are so insufficient for the human thought sometimes. 

Well I appreciate that. Guess I was the guilty one of being frustrated this time

Nah, I understand what you mean 'cause I used to feel the same way about some things due to my ultra-conservative upbringing.

But I woke up to realize that those problems are so minor and insignificant that they're not even worth talking about.

When POC talk generally about white people, I'm not offended. When women talk generally about men, I'm not offended. When foreigners talk generally about Americans, I'm not offended. Because I understand 1) I, as an individual, do my best to not contribute to the problems they're complaining about and 2) their statements are wrapped in a painful context and they're entirely right to both feel what they feel and say what they say.

Besides that, the topic was started about a sexist moron who dehumanized women, reducing them to little more than incubators, while referring to men as "gods".

And yet here we are on page 8 of that topic discussing the feelings of straight men after a woman made and apologized for a lowkey rude comment.

That is incredibly frustrating and disheartening.

🖤

Economy
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Nah, I understand what you mean 'cause I used to feel the same way about some things due to my ultra-conservative upbringing.

But I woke up to realize that those problems are so minor and insignificant that they're not even worth talking about.

When POC talk generally about white people, I'm not offended. When women talk generally about men, I'm not offended. When foreigners talk generally about Americans, I'm not offended. Because I understand 1) I, as an individual, do my best to not contribute to the problems they're complaining about and 2) their statements are wrapped in a painful context and they're entirely right to both feel what they feel and say what they say.

Besides that, the topic was started about a sexist moron who dehumanized women, reducing them to little more than incubators, while referring to men as "gods".

And yet here we are on page 8 of that topic discussing the feelings of straight men after a woman made and apologized for a lowkey rude comment.

That is incredibly frustrating and disheartening.

Ok regarding the last part... it was only a response to something we disagreed with with 1 or 2 single comments. It only became 8 pages because y'all didn't agree with us disagreeing and made a discussion also about it. So technically u contributed to that also 👀

Regarding your first part. Ok. Even tho I don't agree with it entirely, for the future I'll try to just view the generalizations without thinking about individuals if someone says that again in the future if that's how the majority see.

I like kindness which is why I didn't like the comment. But if in mentioning it it causes more arguing than the kindness it promotes, then obviously it isn't worth it and just ends up doing more harm than good

PartySick
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ok regarding the last part... it was only a response to something we disagreed with with 1 or 2 single comments. It only became 8 pages because y'all didn't agree with us disagreeing and made a discussion also about it. So technically u contributed to that also 👀

:triggered:

Hush :triggered:

3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Regarding your first part. Ok. Even tho I don't agree with it entirely, for the future I'll try to just view the generalizations without thinking about individuals if someone says that again in the future if that's how the majority see.

I like kindness which is why I didn't like the comment. But if in mentioning it it causes more arguing than the kindness it promotes, then obviously it isn't worth it and just ends up doing more harm than good

I mean, still report anything you believe crosses a line but yeah, generally the privileged groups of the world don't need defending from some light generalization, especially not when doing so detracts from a much more worthwhile discussion :laughga:

🖤

Economy
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

:triggered:

Hush :triggered:

Sorry this made me laugh :lmao:

2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I mean, still report anything you believe crosses a line but yeah, generally the privileged groups of the world don't need defending from some light generalization, especially not when doing so detracts from a much more worthwhile discussion :laughga:

Fair

I'm also bitchier than normal lately. Maybe I woulda let go the comment normally and not responded (yes I still don't agree with it)

But my mental health ATM is sh*t and the threshold for being irritated or annoyed is unusually low atm

Im as petty rn as Taylor Swift :triggered:

loathereality
On 1/26/2023 at 2:07 AM, Teletubby said:

Akon claims that women are not equal to men and need to understand “their roles”. The singer also claimed that while women need a man to create life, men do not, and could have a child by putting their sperm in an “incubator”.

Akon, who was born in Senegal,  but grew up in New Jersey in the States, said he preferred African women to American women.
“The women [in Africa] treat you like a king,” he said. “They’re not competing with you, they’re not fighting for equality because they understand that men and women could never be equal.
“They understand their roles. The roles there are very defined, it’s very clean.”
He continued: “Here [America], even if you say the word role to a woman here, they get offended.”

“How can a man and women play the exact same role, where’s the balance? In Africa it’s very clear – the woman plays the role of the woman.”

“As a woman, her role is to support the man,” he claimed. “The men, we are the kings and the divine of this universe, a woman can never compare to the man. They have to understand that here in America.”

Among the shocking statements, Akon went on to say that “the women don’t create life, they support the creation of life.”

Men, we’re Gods we’re the one that create life,” he continued before giving his own example of how that “science” works.

“A man right now can create life without a woman, but a woman can’t create life without a man,” he said.

“If I wanted to create life right now without a woman, I would shoot my sperm, put it in an incubator and give it nine months, even maybe less with today’s science, and a baby will be born.”

“A woman can’t do that. So men, we are the creators of life in actuality,” he added.

source

i hope gags won't remove jd from her discography to get an oscar 

Ophelia

not the „Sexy bitch”, „Smack that” and „I wanna **** you” chanteur 

who would’ve thought :volantis:

...has anybody seen my disco stick?

Archived