šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Netflix Password Sharing Crackdown To Start By The End Of March

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Netflix will make more money with this move.Ā 

This isnā€™t an issue for me and I will continue using Netflix as long as they make content I enjoy, which they are currently doing.Ā 

Password sharing was always something I thought theyā€™d address cause it seriously got out of hand.

My only disagreement is if you pay for X screens, it shouldnā€™t matter.

Either way, let your money talk.Ā 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

IMHO so long Netflix will make shows that will be huge, they will survive this tbh. We just had Dahmer and Wednesday that went viral last year. They are capable Ā of making that and a more segmented ones (that likely will be cancelled after) to keep their subscribers satiatedĀ 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Iā€™m rarely watching anything on Netflix but as weā€™re splitting the bill with 4 other people, I donā€™t mind paying. Now if I have to pay for the entire sub myself, Iā€™d just cancel, not cause itā€™s expensive or I canā€™t afford it, but cause I donā€™t watch it much. Iā€™d then use my time for something else

PartySick
5 hours ago, Agunimon said:

Using IP addresses is not something I see them doing, especially since many ISPs have dynamic IP addresses which change frequently. Additionally, what about the people who use multiple devices in different locations? (LikeĀ a TV or computer only in a home / office space that is not their primary residence). That said, identifying the device ID and limiting it to like 3 total is probably the route they will go.

I imagine it'd be extremely hard to use either.

The mods here can see everyone's IPs and devices and they're constantly changing. Especially with people who use VPNs. There's like no way for Netflix to reliably keep track of that and catch account sharers :laughga:

šŸ–¤

latina twilight

better finish the crown season 5 before then 'cause i'm not... hmmm no

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Oriane
8 hours ago, NATAH said:

IP addresses was my guess too but then how will they know which is the "main" IP address?

I'm guessing is it doesn't matter, as long as they see that there are several IP addresses, they'll raise the prices and that's it.

8 hours ago, Benji said:

My problem with it is you pay for how many screens you want to be able to simultaneously play. Ā It shouldnā€™t matter how people navigate that between families or friends because itā€™s been paid for already. Ā Limiting it to only certain devices or locations just furtherĀ handicaps what made them big in the first place; convenience.

Yes and no, I think I pay for 2 screens, and share it with 3 people who don't often use it, so it would just be bad luck if 3 of us tried to watch something at the same time.

7 hours ago, River said:

I think it's ip address + card holder address, most of the times it's matching

My card is registered in my hometown in France, I'm in Germany but share with accountĀ with people in France, it's the end for me :ladyhaha:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Helxig

Lmao get ready for the storm Netflix because it looks like we're all cancelling our subscriptions

I honestly really hope that a lot of people cancel their subscriptions now in protest so we can show them what's up. I'm literally going back to torrenting if this is the sh.it they're gonna pull. They've already increased prices so much and are starting to introduce ads

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Mother of Puppies

I hope that many people will unsubscribeĀ :yennefer:

Ā 

I use my sisterā€˜s account and she uses another account I pay for. lolĀ 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you šŸ§¹

How about they focus on actually pumping out much more greaterĀ content than this BS? They always keep cancelling many good series and now they're wondering why theyĀ loseĀ subscribersĀ :ohwell:Ā 

Removing password sharing can only get them so far. With many other competitive streaming services offering a wider variety of content, then there's no justification to get a solo Netflix account if you're only just gonna watch Stranger Things or WednesdayĀ :bye:

Chandler Bing

This is absolute nonsense in my case. I pay the most expensive package which includes the use of four screens. Why do they care if these four screens do not come from the same IP address?

I mean the answer is obvious but I will most probably consider cancelling it altogether and just useĀ other streaming platforms I am already subscribed to.Ā 

GypsyVida
14 hours ago, TortureMeOnReplay said:

IP addresses.Ā 

Price gouging? I think some people don't understand how expensive it is to develop original content. Everyone used to pay $100+ a month to watch tv while 1/3 of the content aired was ads. Sure it's gotten more expensive, but at the same time Netflix has its hands in several industries that are costly to compete in in the first place. They do pretty well to keep the service up and add features, requiring software developers, engineers, and servers to do so. They're paying for the content creation when they used to be able to license it and call it a day. Any other company would have made this a priority much sooner. Disney+ launched with password sharing being one of their primary concerns. Netflix has stuck pretty close to its core, which is release shows a whole season at once and cancel anytime.Ā 

If this is true, couldn't you just use a VPN that blocks websites from seeing your IP address?

Stream COWBOY CARTER

TortureMeOnReplay
1 hour ago, GypsyVida said:

If this is true, couldn't you just use a VPN that blocks websites from seeing your IP address?

Netflix is really good at knowing when VPN is active. Not sure if they have it so that location is 100% accurate, but it's something they've worked on for a while due to national licensing rights and copyright issues.Ā 

HausofGabo

This already happens in Chile or something similar and it sucks. I share an account with my sister and her family which lives in the house next door. At first it was ok since we also have the tvs connected to the same network, but know even with that the account doesnā€™t work. Bye bye netflix.

Archived