Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Rita Ora about her new album

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

"With this album, I’ve just been very brave and confident. I’ve written a lot of songs on this album, I've been in every session, and if not, I've altered songs to fit me. I've never done that before with any album: really done all the work and written every single song or been a part of every single song process."

"My confidence grew as a songwriter. I can suggest things in the room and not feel silly about it. I’m way more confident about my ideas and my visions."

"I never really committed to the songwriting as much with the first and second album as I have with this, but after a few weeks of getting into the groove of it, I realised I could really do this. I can stand and sing on the mic forever, but in understanding the world of songwriting I was getting a bit nervous, because it’s a very vulnerable and open album."

"It’s my love story, basically, to the world, but I wanted people to really connect to it."

"I love pop music, but I have a surprisingly [broad taste]: everything from Patti Smith to Joni Mitchell to Fontaines D.C., Primal Scream and Led Zeppelin. That makes my pop music way juicier. I tried to do this with this record, trying to make things more raspy in places, and have a bit more grit and flavour and body. I wanted to bring the heritage of what I love about British music to it too; the history of it and remembering my era: the ’90s. "

"There’s a part in the song called “The Girl in the Mirror” where the lyrics go: “I cheated on you in the best way / with someone I've known my whole life / I know that you can’t forgive me / but this just feels so right”. I’m singing to the bad version of me, saying “I’m cheating on you, because I loved myself my whole life and only just noticed it.”

RO.jpg
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/rita-ora-interview-2023
23%20January%20-%20Rita%20Ora_Cover_4_5.jpg23%20Jan%20-%20Rita%20Ora_Online_2.jpg23%20Jan%20-%20Rita%20Ora_Online_3.jpg23%20Jan%20-%20Rita%20Ora_Online_4.jpg23%20Jan%20-%20Rita%20Ora_Online_Header.jpg23%20Jan%20-%20Rita%20Ora_Online_5.jpg23%20Jan%20-%20Rita%20Ora_Online_6.jpg

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

thierryrreiht

Car speakers are good speakers?! Since when :healedmyheart:

I don't drive either (thanks Montreal for being so transit/bike friendly) so this is extremely laughable to me.

Sneaky Oliver

this "personal record" concept is so tired already, it screams lack of creativity for me

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Teletubby
6 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

"I've been in every session"

One would hope and assume?

she was under major labels and these artists don't always have control over anything. they are often told by bosses that they shouldn't make their own music like Kelly Clarkson who was told by her label executive that she "was a s****y writer and should just shut up and listen to the producers" and "just take the hits and sing them."

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Archived