💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Gossip Girl reboot CANCELLED

COOOK

Featured Posts

"The second season did better with critics than the first, scoring 100% Rotten Tomatoes rating vs. 69% for Season 1."

Makes absolute sense. 

HBO did not commit to this Show like they should‘ve. Gossip Girl + PLL and other Shows from that time benefitted from many Episodes per Season. Each Season they were able to focus on different characters, let them interact easier with eachother and build up a genuine connection to them. The whole 6-12 Episode Season does not make sense if you want to establish a core audience and interest. It‘s time a major Streaming Service finally pulls the move to commit to a series with many Episodes for a long period of time. The only one coming to mind right now, that is currently running, is Riverdale and despite the lack positive Feedback, it‘s one of Netflix most-watched Shows and gets decent ratings. Time to actually get good authors to write a good, long show! #SizeMatters

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

bpmMonkey

Sorry for the people who were working on it and were passionate about their job (crew/actors and so on), not so sorry for the writers and the people higher up.. it’s never a good idea to reboot something that’s solely relying on nostalgia. In that sense, can’t wait for the desperate housewives reboot !! lol

2 minutes ago, gypsy Hero said:

can’t wait for the desperate housewives reboot !!

I know you meant this as a joke but thankfully it most likely won't happen. They're using the entire Wisteria Lane set for Never Have I Ever and I'm sure some other stuff is already in line to use it. And even though Eva Longoria said she's up for it, Marcia Cross spoke facts as to why it wouldn't work nowadays. I'm very fond of this show, a reboot would tarnish it forever me thinks :messga:

11 minutes ago, Noah said:

HBO did not commit to this Show like they should‘ve. Gossip Girl + PLL and other Shows from that time benefitted from many Episodes per Season. Each Season they were able to focus on different characters, let them interact easier with eachother and build up a genuine connection to them. The whole 6-12 Episode Season does not make sense if you want to establish a core audience and interest. It‘s time a major Streaming Service finally pulls the move to commit to a series with many Episodes for a long period of time.

Very that. They don't allow the time for you to connect enough, eventually leaving out character growth. I think if you make an audience get used to quick seasons, they won't be as invested and move on quickly.

The article says: "While HBO Max’s slate has been culled over the last six months as part of companywide cost-cutting efforts, Gossip Girl’s cancellation is not believed to be a financial decision but a result of the show not being able to break out the way HBO Max’s revival of another YA series, Pretty Little Liars, has done, for instance."

bpmMonkey
5 minutes ago, COOOK said:

I know you meant this as a joke but thankfully it most likely won't happen. They're using the entire Wisteria Lane set for Never Have I Ever and I'm sure some other stuff is already in line to use it. And even though Eva Longoria said she's up for it, Marcia Cross spoke facts as to why it wouldn't work nowadays. I'm very fond of this show, a reboot would tarnish it forever me thinks :messga:

Uff, happy to hear so. I only remembered seeing something about it in late 2021 and was somewhat happy to not see anything about it after haha. 
love love love the show, watched it at least 5 times from start to finish 

Honestly I was expecting this since the season premiered with no promo and no noise. I was really enjoying this season, and I even think the first wasn't as bad as many people made it out to be. But truth be told, I don't think it ever found it's footing and most of the characters had like zero development. 

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Ricardo

Honestly the series are bad, the characters are annoying and act out of characters all the time. The premise of not knowing who gossip girl was ended in the first episode so it made no sense. 

RAMROD

Well, tv shows are not to be rebooted, especially if using nostalgia as selling points. People would soon watching the original on DVDs or whatever than watched the rebooted with all these faces that people don't familiar with  :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Not The Real Gaga
28 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

So no more Naked Thomas Doherty for me :patrizia:

I'm so salty they didn't go for that R-rating

:triggered:

Gossip Girl Smile GIF by HBO Max

Anderson123

Welp. I only watched like 3 or 4 episodes from Season 1 and got bored of it but was going to continue it eventually lol. Not like I even loved the original, didn't make it past Season 3 around the Hilary Duff episodes. 

The thing about the original is that every episode ended up with a random fling or relationship change so they all had slept with each other by Season 2.

19 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

I'm so salty they didn't go for that R-rating

:triggered:

Gossip Girl Smile GIF by HBO Max

He is just so adorable, sexy, fuc*able,yummy…. Main charachter of my erotic dreams

Archived