Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

RuPaul's Drag Race UK vs the World (season 2)

bionic

Featured Posts

bionic

The reliable Reddit spoiler girlies have spilled that the cast of UKVTW season 2 has been decided and will film between UK5 (which is about to film any time now) and Global All Stars (which will film around March/April).

Who do you think will be on? :sis: 

buy bionic

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche

Wha-

i thought the Global All Stars format will replace the vs the world format :rip:

and why tf is it UK again... are we only getting UK and Canada because they speak english lol

Soft, soothing, and succulent

RichAssPiss

Interesting....it may be that CvW was such a mess that they realized it can't really travel, but BBC still wants to buy more versus seasons. So, they will continue UKvW but add Global All Stars to broaden the franchise reach.

bionic
1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

Wha-

i thought the Global All Stars format will replace the vs the world format :rip:

and why tf is it UK again... are we only getting UK and Canada because they speak english lol

BBC owns the UK vs the world franchise I guess and just greenlit a second season and Ru etc love money enough to not say no. Apparently there will also be a new Can VTW after the next Canada season.

My OP was wrong with the filming times. The order will go something like UK5 -> DU3 -> UKVTW2 -> AS9 -> US16 -> GAS

buy bionic

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, bionic said:

BBC owns the UK vs the world franchise I guess and just greenlit a second season and Ru etc love money enough to not say no. Apparently there will also be a new Can VTW after the next Canada season.

My OP was wrong with the filming times. The order will go something like UK5 -> DU3 -> UKVTW2 -> AS9 -> GAS

on the one hand yay more content, on the other hand... a mess of a franchise :air: i mean i love seeing more drag race for sure but i feel like the vs the world and GAS formats will overlap too much (especially when there's also the US all stars as well as spain all stars and probably other spin off all stars coming in the future + they keep bringing back some queens and ignoring the wide range of other contestants they have) that they need to pull the plug on some of these (preferably the vs the world format even though i loved CvW). Let's see how it goes I guess.

Also, if i were asked to go on UKvsTW, i fully would say no and wait for another invite to a spin-off where i could actually win a cash prize lol

Soft, soothing, and succulent

tomsches

I guess at this rate we'll have All Winners 2 this summer. And I'm LIVING for it!

skaxboy

Meh. I haven’t liked these VS seasons so far. I still watch, but there’s something missing. There were only 9 queens for Canada VS the world while S15 has 16. There is less competition, still a few filler queens, and less challenges while still getting a title. 

I would rather get a legit UK All Stars or Canada All Stars instead of VS The World. 

I hope that Icesis comes back for a legit All Winners season kinda like The Vivienne. I didn’t watch Icesis’ season but she is a fantastic queen with amazing looks! She would be very fitting with the elevated tone of All Winners. 

Hm, I feel like the vsTW Formats make sense with more international Seasons. They both helped the international Queens in the Countries to get booked well + tour. With like 5-6 new Franchises debuting this Year, it could help spread Drag on a more global scale. If you weren‘t cast for Global All Stars, you may try your luck for UKvsTW and if you want to win Money - CANvsTW. The debate over filler Queens is stupid, there are enough Top 4 Finalists out there by the end of the year to technically fill each Seasons casting. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

bionic
39 minutes ago, Noah said:

Hm, I feel like the vsTW Formats make sense with more international Seasons. They both helped the international Queens in the Countries to get booked well + tour. With like 5-6 new Franchises debuting this Year, it could help spread Drag on a more global scale. If you weren‘t cast for Global All Stars, you may try your luck for UKvsTW and if you want to win Money - CANvsTW. The debate over filler Queens is stupid, there are enough Top 4 Finalists out there by the end of the year to technically fill each Seasons casting. 

American queens will have access to 4 franchises (US, US All Stars, vTW, GAS) and some (like Ra'Jah) will just continue working through them until eventually they get a crown.

Spoiler

from what the spoiler reddit says, it looks like the US queens who will appear on UKVTW will be All Stars alumni

I agree in essence that if you don't get the call for All Stars (or Global) then you have a good shot with VTW. The shorter season makes it easier for some queens to break through

buy bionic

Stephen

This is shocking to me I thought Global All Stars was replacing it. But maybe not considering that this produced by the BBC and GAS will be for MTV or Paramount. 

I was hoping they would start doing a UK-only All Stars.

24 minutes ago, bionic said:

American queens will have access to 4 franchises (US, US All Stars, vTW, GAS) and some (like Ra'Jah) will just continue working through them until eventually they get a crown.

Reveal hidden contents

from what the spoiler reddit says, it looks like the US queens who will appear on UKVTW will be All Stars alumni

I agree in essence that if you don't get the call for All Stars (or Global) then you have a good shot with VTW. The shorter season makes it easier for some queens to break through

I think the US Queens returning will also change with time, due to worldwide exposure they may not even see it as lucrative anymore to invest 10-30k into a runway package, when 3-9 Gigs pay similarly for some. 

Also, there must be a reason why BBC decided to go with another vsTW rather than their own All Stars.

aaand It‘s also great for Queens internationally, who didn‘t get to be judged by RuPaul or where Drag isn‘t as mainstream as in the US/UK. IDK I‘m personally a fan of it, especially since I can‘t watch all international Franchises, I get to fall in love w Queens from all over the World. I just pray for more Episodes

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

bionic
17 minutes ago, Noah said:

I think the US Queens returning will also change with time, due to worldwide exposure they may not even see it as lucrative anymore to invest 10-30k into a runway package, when 3-9 Gigs pay similarly for some. 

Also, there must be a reason why BBC decided to go with another vsTW rather than their own All Stars.

aaand It‘s also great for Queens internationally, who didn‘t get to be judged by RuPaul or where Drag isn‘t as mainstream as in the US/UK. IDK I‘m personally a fan of it, especially since I can‘t watch all international Franchises, I get to fall in love w Queens from all over the World. I just pray for more Episodes

I guess some combination of

• BBC order the series but its still a WOW production so UK All Stars would still have no prize, so you'd be in the same position of queens choosing to wait for a call to GAS where there will be a prize
  • There's a small pool of UK girls and a large portion seem to have zero interest in returning (Bimini, Divina, Baby, Ginny Lemon, Gothy, Scaredy Kat, to name a few)- so you'd either have a cast of 'filler' queens, need to borrow from other franchises anyway, or have a cast full of finalists and be able to only give 1 of them a crown
  • RuPaul's own schedule, only so much he can film in a year
  • Maybe some behind-the-scenes contractual stuff
buy bionic

bionic
4 minutes ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

call me when we get espana vs the world 

there'll be a spain all stars after the show's third season. 

buy bionic

Ladle Ghoulash
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

there'll be a spain all stars after the show's third season. 

Bound to be sickening tbh 

Archived