Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Bloody Mary officially 6th single from Born This Way

danbekim

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash
On 1/9/2023 at 5:22 PM, DWUWPerez said:

Yes many times but more frequently this year. Just this week, The Weeknd's Die For You from 2016 rose to #8 on the Hot 100. He even filmed a video for it in the last year. Sia's Unstoppable is another example and of course Runnin' Up That Hill by Kate Bush is the biggest example. 

In all fairness, Running Up That Hill was already a single when Hounds of Love came out, so it's not exactly the same. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Controversiaga
On 1/10/2023 at 12:37 AM, ElectricAlley said:

We need the sped up version! It’s what everyone from tiktok is expecting to hear when they listen lol

The Clinton sparks remix is a good mix between sped up and album version !!

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Controversiaga
On 1/10/2023 at 6:17 AM, ChaosP456 said:

the problem with Scheisse is literally meaning "****" in German, so it's not very radio friendly (also, inb4 some cancelcultists say the gibberish is mocking of the Germans)

Ppl will call it cultural appropriation :toofunny:

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

I don’t think it can be submitted because it’s old 

Sad. Hopefully they release sped up version with the change of the title like "Bloody Mary (I'll Dance Dance Dance) (Sped Up Version)" just like Joanne.

I'm newbie here wkwkwk

1 hour ago, ALGAYDO said:

I don’t think it can be submitted because it’s old 

Wasn't Truth Hurts able to get nominated and win by being released as a radio single 2 years later? 

Or how did that work? Anyone know? 🤔

AnglerfishbraBENUS
On 1/9/2023 at 6:25 PM, Aussie said:

This is going to became the new normal now. Artists releasing songs from decades ago as official singles. Bloody Mary is effectively the unofficial theme song from Wednesday. That’s great in terms of recognition and sales but it also might lose any original narrative Gaga had in mind 12+ years ago for it. 

i wouldn’t look at it that way at all.  Narratives change. Some songs mean different things over time and this is just too good of a pairing. 

7 hours ago, LG2008 said:

Wasn't Truth Hurts able to get nominated and win by being released as a radio single 2 years later? 

Or how did that work? Anyone know? 🤔

Truth Hurts was re-released in an album as a track, and the Grammys count the date of the release of the album.

By the way I think old song still can be submitted if it get re-released, just like a cover song (ROTY and pop performance category, but not songwriting category). Right?

I'm newbie here wkwkwk

HookerOnAChurch

One of the most important Italian radio stations is playing "Bloody Mary" very often :legend:

This is from a few hours ago. 

Lucifer

Guys I work in a kindergarten, and I’m on my break right now. The last couple of days the kids have been singing Bloody Mary :laughga: 

It’s so strange to see 4/5 year olds singing and even talking about Gaga. English isn’t even their first language. I’m just amazed by it all. Never thought I’d be witnessing this.

• 2 weeks later...
RAYA.core

I knew you were all up to something, like I was driving home one day and I kid you not, Bloody Mary came on. Damn we STAN

╰☆╮𝙸𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚜𝚖. 𝙻𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚎... ☆╮JOINED November 25 2011

Archived