đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

opinion

Gaga Fans Need To Stop Pressuring Gaga to Release ARTPOP Act 2 (Or a Re-release)

YouCanSitWithUs

Featured Posts

ChicaSkas
13 hours ago, YourEvilTwin said:

This is truly the most entitled fanbase of all time. She really did cultivate a horde of monsters.

This fanbase needs to accept that she's no longer in the same place in career AND life as she was 12 years ago. Just because you're stuck in 2011 doesn't mean she has to be.

I know I needed to hear this but I wasnt prepared for the accuracy of the burn :giveup:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon

I agree with almost every post in this thread, but I have perhaps one of the most negative opinions I have seen about ARTPOP on this site, so I am at a huge bias.

Borislshere

Seeing as Gaga has not released anything “extra” for her previous albums, I’m not expecting anything more than merch. I’d love ARTPOP act 2 but I honestly couldn’t care less if it gets released. 

it’s pointless to pressure her to release it considering none of us even know if it’s good. There’s more than likely a reason it was shelved lmao 

gagzus

Ok long post for the first time in forever.

Whilst I don’t believe people are pressuring her at all. If anything she probably ignores all that pressure because a lot of the people who are asking to revisit old eras weren’t fans or were too young to appreciate her and it.

On a personal level, I’ve been a Gaga fan for almost half my life now and I appreciate and I am proud of the woman she is today whilst also proud and reminisce about living through those eras at the time, like waiting up for videos to premiere on MTV or E! or seeing her Lower East Side NYC Gay Bar style edginess and energy on national TV at 7am. She’s a woman now not a girl, we can’t recapture what the new fans want, if you wanna feel that just watch her old stuff on GMA’s YouTube.

But that being said, everyone needs to take the massive L because all the songs that have leaked from the sessions are half baked demos, with cringe or meh lyrics with heavy autotune and her obviously stoned as f*ck; plus a lot of them seemed like recycled ideas for songs that ended up on the final album anyway; Temple/Hallelujah thematically is probably the same as Gypsy, Onion Girl was probably Aura thematically as well etc.

Red Flame, Ratchet, Hallelujah/Temple, Cake Like Lady Gaga, Stache, Partynauseous… all of those are from those sessions and they’re pretty much what I said above. They’re from a phase in her life where she had too much drugs and yes-men and went on an obvious ego trip and defensive and it trickled into her music. That and her music taste at the time of R&B, Trap/Hip-Hop was obviously a massive influence too.

the only demos that were beyond that, that we’ve heard so far were Brooklyn Nights (still heavily auto tuned) and I Wanna Be With You, but I count them as “act I” demos since they were basically on the album till the last second.

I suspect the rest of the songs were just about sex, drugs, love and her flexing her ego to Hip-Hop and Dance beats. Nothing special.

Lets move onto LG7.

Maxine Puth
8 minutes ago, gagzus said:

Ok long post for the first time in forever.

Whilst I don’t believe people are pressuring her at all. If anything she probably ignores all that pressure because a lot of the people who are asking to revisit old eras weren’t fans or were too young to appreciate her and it.

On a personal level, I’ve been a Gaga fan for almost half my life now and I appreciate and I am proud of the woman she is today whilst also proud and reminisce about living through those eras at the time, like waiting up for videos to premiere on MTV or E! or seeing her Lower East Side NYC Gay Bar style edginess and energy on national TV at 7am. She’s a woman now not a girl, we can’t recapture what the new fans want, if you wanna feel that just watch her old stuff on GMA’s YouTube.

But that being said, everyone needs to take the massive L because all the songs that have leaked from the sessions are half baked demos, with cringe or meh lyrics with heavy autotune and her obviously stoned as f*ck; plus a lot of them seemed like recycled ideas for songs that ended up on the final album anyway; Temple/Hallelujah thematically is probably the same as Gypsy, Onion Girl was probably Aura thematically as well etc.

Red Flame, Ratchet, Hallelujah/Temple, Cake Like Lady Gaga, Stache, Partynauseous… all of those are from those sessions and they’re pretty much what I said above. They’re from a phase in her life where she had too much drugs and yes-men and went on an obvious ego trip and defensive and it trickled into her music. That and her music taste at the time of R&B, Trap/Hip-Hop was obviously a massive influence too.

the only demos that were beyond that, that we’ve heard so far were Brooklyn Nights (still heavily auto tuned) and I Wanna Be With You, but I count them as “act I” demos since they were basically on the album till the last second.

I suspect the rest of the songs were just about sex, drugs, love and her flexing her ego to Hip-Hop and Dance beats. Nothing special.

Lets move onto LG7.

I’m not sure why her releasing unreleased songs means she needs to dedicate a whole new era to her past self, like your post makes it seem like. You can revisit your old music (like Taylor Swift) and still have a current era. Artists putting out alternative songs / unreleased music for their old albums aren’t even a new thing. All Gaga has to do is ask some producers to master old demos and let her label know. We still have no idea what songs like TEA, Onion Girl, etc. sound like, and these are songs she hyped up after the album was finished. Kinda weird to compare them to “half baked demos” she never mentioned like Hallelujah, or fun side projects that were never meant for the album like Cake. 

JohnnyVersace
23 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

If she ain't an addict then good for her. Pop that champagne honey. But like.....in my opinion, it's pretty obvious she has tried to say it without saying it and that is why people who are also in the SAME BOAT as her would recognize it in a way that normies wouldn't. If that is a judgement then I guess sometimes being judgemental is okay if the intentions are to be aware of someone's humanity and show compassion to it.

Exactly lol, YOUR OPINION has absolutely zero stance in the severity of Gaga's "addiction." Speculating about it is just kinda.....gross tbh. :excuseu:

YouCanSitWithUs
4 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Exactly lol, YOUR OPINION has absolutely zero stance in the severity of Gaga's "addiction." Speculating about it is just kinda.....gross tbh. :excuseu:

I feel like you are not actually reading anything I am saying, and instead just making things up in your head. At no point am I judging Gaga for the "severity" of her addiction. I literally do not care to judge her on that. I think you are the one worried about that in your head? I explicitly stated that I think she had hinted in her lyrical content outright quotes from the AA book. And that explains alot. 

I think you are the one caring about whether or not she is severly addicted or not. I am an addict. I do not care how bad she is/isn't. I just want her to feel better. 

Would you stop overanalyzing things I am not saying and try and focus on what I am saying? lol. 

Trying to make an enemy out of nothing. That's gross dude. It's not GROSS to be a ****ing addict. It's a DISEASE just like CANCER or HIV/AIDS. Discussing it is not GROSS. Your attitude is GROSS. Your stigma and fear about talking about it is GROSS.

YouCanSitWithUs
7 hours ago, Maxine Puth said:

I’m not sure why her releasing unreleased songs means she needs to dedicate a whole new era to her past self, like your post makes it seem like. You can revisit your old music (like Taylor Swift) and still have a current era. Artists putting out alternative songs / unreleased music for their old albums aren’t even a new thing. All Gaga has to do is ask some producers to master old demos and let her label know. We still have no idea what songs like TEA, Onion Girl, etc. sound like, and these are songs she hyped up after the album was finished. Kinda weird to compare them to “half baked demos” she never mentioned like Hallelujah, or fun side projects that were never meant for the album like Cake. 

I think because she is doing two residencies, filming a movie, and writing a soundtrack already, so hoping for an album is a push, and then a whole other anniversary on top of an album....it's just unrealistic.

YouCanSitWithUs
16 hours ago, Agunimon said:

I agree with almost every post in this thread, but I have perhaps one of the most negative opinions I have seen about ARTPOP on this site, so I am at a huge bias.

I wanna hear it. Wink Rihanna GIF by AnimatedText

Maxine Puth
29 minutes ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

I think because she is doing two residencies, filming a movie, and writing a soundtrack already, so hoping for an album is a push, and then a whole other anniversary on top of an album....it's just unrealistic.

You’re right, how could we ever expect Gaga to multitask when she’s only shown us multiple times throughout her career that she can. This is the woman who wrote 2 whole album (Joanne and ASIB), filmed a movie, did a world tour, created two residencies, recorded a jazz album, and began writing Chromatica in a span of 3 years (not to mention Coachella, the Super Bowl, the Dive Bar Tour, etc.)

Is it really unrealistic to think she can do a mini world tour, film a movie / write a soundtrack, work on LG7 and still be able to ask her producers to clean up her old demos in a span of 2 years. 

OP it's not up to you to say what Gaga should or shouldn't do either, it's not up to any of us

We can only say what we wish to happen.. she does what SHE wants, and none of us know what's in her heart and mind right now 

Also, exactly ZERO of Gaga's albums are mid :madge:

JohnnyVersace
20 hours ago, YouCanSitWithUs said:

I feel like you are not actually reading anything I am saying, and instead just making things up in your head. At no point am I judging Gaga for the "severity" of her addiction. I literally do not care to judge her on that. I think you are the one worried about that in your head? I explicitly stated that I think she had hinted in her lyrical content outright quotes from the AA book. And that explains alot. 

I think you are the one caring about whether or not she is severly addicted or not. I am an addict. I do not care how bad she is/isn't. I just want her to feel better. 

Would you stop overanalyzing things I am not saying and try and focus on what I am saying? lol. 

Trying to make an enemy out of nothing. That's gross dude. It's not GROSS to be a ****ing addict. It's a DISEASE just like CANCER or HIV/AIDS. Discussing it is not GROSS. Your attitude is GROSS. Your stigma and fear about talking about it is GROSS.

I never said anything about you judging her - but you have about 30 posts in this thread discussing if she's this that or the other, what she's addicted to, where she's referred to it and "wanted to say something but couldn't" etc. You keep bringing up how she'd be "happier" if she'd come out, and how her label tried to stop her (lol?). You're putting pressure on her for something you don't even know the extent of. 

I don't think it's gross to be an addict, and never have said that. I have addicts in my life and struggle with substances myself...a lot of people do. I think it should be discussed and open, so that it can be normalized and people can heal. 

However, to discuss the severity of someone ELSE'S addiction on a public forum, who you don't even ****ing KNOW is bizarre, disrespectful, and downright weird. If she wants to discuss it one day, she will. But it sure as hell won't be because "YouCanSitWithUs" thinks she'd be "happier" doing so.

:bear:

Juanlittlem
2 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

I never said anything about you judging her - but you have about 30 posts in this thread discussing if she's this that or the other, what she's addicted to, where she's referred to it and "wanted to say something but couldn't" etc. You keep bringing up how she'd be "happier" if she'd come out, and how her label tried to stop her (lol?). You're putting pressure on her for something you don't even know the extent of. 

I don't think it's gross to be an addict, and never have said that. I have addicts in my life and struggle with substances myself...a lot of people do. I think it should be discussed and open, so that it can be normalized and people can heal. 

However, to discuss the severity of someone ELSE'S addiction on a public forum, who you don't even ****ing KNOW is bizarre, disrespectful, and downright weird. If she wants to discuss it one day, she will. But it sure as hell won't be because "YouCanSitWithUs" thinks she'd be "happier" doing so.

:bear:

Finish Him Mortal Kombat GIF

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.

• Admin locked this topic

Archived