💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

1669983945725_StuartWebBanner5.png

It is out in most places now. It is out tonight in the USA. Anyone have seen it?

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

It is so much improvement from the first one, and the long duration really justified. Better story writing and world building. I really enjoyed it much better than the first one. It is its own movie now. 8.5/10 from me.

No after credits scenes. But stay for The Weeknd song anyway. So good! :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD
3 minutes ago, weed said:

i'm sooo excited to watch it!!!

Hope you will enjoy your time!

Let us know later :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Saw it tonight in 3D and it was beautiful! :tony:  Animation and CGI has improved so much since the first movie. Definitely recommend seeing it in 3D :woohoo:

FFXIV WhiteMage

I haven’t watched the movie yet but based on the trailer, the graphics are kind of underwhelming. Especially when you compare it to AAA games cinematics (i.e. Diablo 4, Elden Ring). But maybe it’s because the movie was optimized for a 3D experience, perhaps? Anyway, I will still watch it and hope it’s way better than my initial impression:)

HausOfHarlow

I just saw it tonight in IMAX 3D - it was worth the wait! I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The graphics are gorgeous, the story is captivating and if I truly think if you enjoyed Avatar 1, then you will enjoy Avatar 2!

Roughhouse Dandy

Just got back from an IMAX 3D screening. I loved Avatar and The Way of Water is a definite upgrade from the original. 3D has come a long way and it makes me really excited for the future of cinema. This franchise has the opportunity of becoming a Star Wars or Lord of the Rings kind of franchise if they let it. I'm here for it. 

37 minutes ago, FFXIV WhiteMage said:

I haven’t watched the movie yet but based on the trailer, the graphics are kind of underwhelming. Especially when you compare it to AAA games cinematics (i.e. Diablo 4, Elden Ring). But maybe it’s because the movie was optimized for a 3D experience, perhaps? Anyway, I will still watch it and hope it’s way better than my initial impression:)

If you only saw the trailer online, YouTube compresses quality. The "graphics" are great; report back after you see it! 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

nswain1110

Just saw it and loved it! Great storytelling and cinematography ❤️

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

It was better than I anticipated but the graphics swung between breathtakingly realistic to PS4 game depending on the scene and lighting. Some characters looked better than others in general. Sometimes it seemed like the frame rate dropped, but it may have just been the 3D.

idk, I mean it was good, but I don’t think it was that big of a jump from the original. 

it’s better than anything I could do though :laughga:

The screenplay is too weak for my taste, the visual is great but there is nothing out of this world imo. If BBC decided to make their nature documentaries 3D, they might look like this. The sea creatures especially are not very imaginative compares to the plants and animals in the first film, bar one or two species, others look like ordinary earth animals to me which is disappointing to say the least.

Head Empty

I was a huge fan of the first one, but this one was just "fine" to me. It didn't add any new interesting idea's, and I didn't find many characters all that interesting.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

The entire plot felt like a less soulful retelling of the first movie. Learning the ways of another people, fighting amongst your own species, humans gathering expensive materials in unethical ways and most of all: Quaritch being a over-the-top evil b****. The way they brought him back into the story felt extremely cheap and uninspired as well.

The most interesting part of the movie was Kiri's plotline, but it seems like they'll be stretching that out for the sequels. My guess is that she's (the child of) Eywa, seeing as she was conceived when Grace was being "transferred" to her avatar body.

KubaM316
8 hours ago, JakubM316 said:

I'm on my way to the movies! :excited2:

Ok so I've just seen the movie and... ummm...

W O W

I love it. One of the best movies I've ever seen. The graphics, the music, the storyline - loved everything. There were some better and worse moments but still - amazing. And I almost cried. Even twice.

Once again: I love it :heart:

TheBadRomancer

i didn't see it but i went to the movies last night and i can't believe people were paying $25 for an Avatar popcorn container :laughga:

Archived