MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

TIME's Person of the Year announced

Dennis

Featured Posts

As expected, Time’s 2022 Person of the Year: Volodymyr Zelenskyy and the Spirit of Ukraine.

time-person-of-the-year-2022-volodymyr-zelensky-cover-jp-221206-f32207.jpg

The editors write:

"Zelenskyy’s success as a wartime leader has relied on the fact that courage is contagious. It spread through Ukraine’s political leadership in the first days of the invasion, as everyone realized the President had stuck around.”

Russian forces invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24, and Zelenskyy refused to leave Kyiv, instead staying on the ground and supporting the people of his country. “The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,” Zelenskyy told the U.S., according to a tweet shared by the Ukrainian embassy of Britain on Feb. 26.  

The war in Ukraine has continued for nearly 10 months with no end in sight. Zelenskyy has made risky visits to support Ukrainian soldiers and the country at large, including a trip to the frontlines of the Donbas region in June, and celebrating with residents of the city of Kherson after Russian troops withdrew in November."

Time editors chose Zelenskyy out of a shortlist with nine others that included Chinese President Xi Jinping, the U.S. Supreme Court, Elon Musk, Rep. Liz Cheney, MacKenzie Scott, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, protesters in Iran, gun safety advocates and Secretary of the Treasury Janet Yellen.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 8
  • LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 9
  • Sad 1
  • Dennis changed the title to TIME's Person of the Year announced
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dennis

• LM

• FfFfFfFF

• gypsy Hero

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As expected, Time’s 2022 Person of the Year: Volodymyr Zelenskyy and the Spirit of Ukraine. The editors write: "Zelenskyy’s success as a wartime leader has relied on the fact that cour

So you're LMAO'ing the choice of Ukraine because the country is white? What's next are we going to start saying that we shouldn't care about rape victims or murder victims if they're white, becau

It should be Bloody Mary 

myluis617

Idk if I should say this… But there are plenty of countries in the world that have been going through wars. Countries that are filled with people of color. When will they get the attention this white nation has gotten? I really didn’t want to be the one cause I know how much this can stir the pot but I had to be the one.

• Like 7
  • LMAO 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3
pachinko
4 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

Idk if I should say this… But there are plenty of countries in the world that have been going through wars. Countries that are filled with people of color. When will they get the attention this white nation has gotten? I really didn’t want to be the one cause I know how much this can stir the pot but I had to be the one.

You had to be the one. :trollga:

• LMAO 11
19 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

So you're LMAO'ing the choice of Ukraine because the country is white?

What's next are we going to start saying that we shouldn't care about rape victims or murder victims if they're white, because more POC are suffering?

There are many ways you can address racism, pitting victims against each other is not one of them.

Gosh between the Marjorie Taylor Green's unhinged takes and the far-left fake moralist takes, it really seems that reasonable people are becoming a minority in this country.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 19
  • LMAO 1
JoanneMonster
1 minute ago, Dennis said:

So you're LMAO'ing the choice of Ukraine because the country is white?

What's next are we going to start saying that we shouldn't care about rape victims or murder victims if they're white, because more POC are suffering?

There are many ways you can address racism, pitting victims against each other is not one of them. Grow up.

I dont think they mean that. They are trying to say that Ukraine is getting attention from the world because it is a white european country, no one cares when theres a war in an asian/african country, and thats terrible. 

For example, there’s terror attacks all the time in a lot of countries, but we only seem to care when they happen in america or europe. thats a reality. they would hace never chosen a president from a middle east country in war to be person of the year.

I See You
  • Like 8
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, myluis617 said:

what a shocking surprise that a nation bordering NATO countries gets more attention from western media based in NATO countries. Totally unexpectable. Also, how's POC countries support to Ukraine going if you wanna talk about western countries' support towards countries that are fillied with people of color and their mostly corrupted governments that block any sort of meaningful western support? 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, JoanneMonster said:

they would hace never chosen a president from a middle east country in war to be person of the year.

Name a few decent presidents from middle east.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, JoanneMonster said:

I dont think they mean that. They are trying to say that Ukraine is getting attention from the world because it is a white european country, no one cares when theres a war in an asian/african country, and thats terrible. 

For example, there’s terror attacks all the time in a lot of countries, but we only seem to care when they happen in america or europe. thats a reality. they would hace never chosen a president from a middle east country in war to be person of the year.

Sorry but miss me with this pitting of victims against each other.  It's not a mutually exclusive support. Yes you can support Ukraine, and yes you can say at the same time that we need to also support other countries when it happens to them. But using the lack of support of one side to undermine or ridicule the support to another is not a constructive way to go about it.

• Like 5